The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #421
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utromshredderhater View Post
I don't think Splinter having a daughter is really gonna fall through since that is one of the things not set in stone. I mean..Who would her mother be?
I dunna, TANG SHEN maybe.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #422
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utromshredderhater View Post
These descriptions vastly conflict with the promo images we've been shown so far where the Turtles all look a like.
Did you see the "less than one second" thread? The screens from that show the Turtles looking a bit different from each other.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind April being 16 if she was more like a 80's-90's teen, As opposed to the Victorious/iCarley crap Nick usually show us.
Judging from the animatic pilot, she's just a teen. Not a '90s teen. Not an iCarly teen. Just a teen. If you remove the current pop culture of the moment, teens are generally all the same.

Quote:
The mutation chamber is obviously like the chamber in the first spider man movie where the mutagen is released in gaseous form.
Yeah. I remember when they went into explicit detail about that.

Quote:
Krang and his minions obviously loose a can down the sewer.
I wonder if it'll be a "TCRI truck accidnetally drops a can" thing or a "Shredder dumps ooze on them" sort of thing. Both could fit rather easily. I mean, Saki did come to New York to kill Yoshi after finding that he was alive after their battle, right?

Quote:
I don't think Splinter having a daughter is really gonna fall through since that is one of the things not set in stone. I mean..Who would her mother be?
Tang Shen.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #423
Utromshredderhater
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post
Did you see the "less than one second" thread? The screens from that show the Turtles looking a bit different from each other.



Judging from the animatic pilot, she's just a teen. Not a '90s teen. Not an iCarly teen. Just a teen. If you remove the current pop culture of the moment, teens are generally all the same.



Yeah. I remember when they went into explicit detail about that.



I wonder if it'll be a "TCRI truck accidnetally drops a can" thing or a "Shredder dumps ooze on them" sort of thing. Both could fit rather easily. I mean, Saki did come to New York to kill Yoshi after finding that he was alive after their battle, right?



Tang Shen.
What animatic pilot? where did you see it?
Utromshredderhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #424
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
The pilot Rose described in her blog. She said she saw the pilot and described everything there. Go read it again.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #425
Utromshredderhater
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 255
OK it sounds a bit more promising than I thought. I just wish this show was in 2D. Too bad she couldn't show us any pictures.
Utromshredderhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:00 AM   #426
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Well, I'm sure pictures will come out as things get resolved.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #427
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post
I wonder if it'll be a "TCRI truck accidnetally drops a can" thing or a "Shredder dumps ooze on them" sort of thing. Both could fit rather easily. I mean, Saki did come to New York to kill Yoshi after finding that he was alive after their battle, right?
Shredder doesn't come to New York until present day. He spent 15 years (or whatever) thinking Yoshi was dead.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #428
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Well, I, for one, am always open to reinterpretations, and so far there's no dealbreaker for me, I don't see anything that doesn't have potential. Whether Nick will be able to/willing to bring out that potential is another matter. But as a fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender, I have a little hope. I admit, the three toes thing is a little weird only because I can't think of why they'd want to do that. Just for the sake of change?

I have no problem with Splinter's height being taller than his sons', although I admit it made me imagine a scene where, at one point, he realizes his sons are now taller than him (literal character growth. ) A long lost daughter could produce a bunch of plot/character points, especially if she's with the Foot Clan.

Teenage April could be fun, as long as she's not purely the Token Girl or Damsel in Distress. If you want the Turtles to save her, give her a personality that would get her in genuine trouble. I think a spoiled/slightly bratty April would play well against the Turtles, pulling them into trouble, as long as she eventually mellows out once the conflict with Shredder is established and she becomes more cooperative. (Plus, I imagined a funny scene where she chews out Casey for being immature and reckless and is reminded she used to be the same way.)

Don's crush on April, I also have no problem with. It's not the first crush a Turtle's had on a human. Again, it's all about what they do with it.

The Kraang and the Mutation Chamber: Sounds like there’ll be more mutants this time around, could be good, could be bad. I'm still holding on to my dream of a villainous female turtle.

Is it bad that I'm getting fan fiction ideas from info that's not even guaranteed to be in a show that won't air for a year and a half?
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #429
AcidBurn30
Foot Soldier
 
AcidBurn30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: california
Posts: 155
you said it right, im happy for the new ones, its a mix of all of them put into one and added a new line for them. YAY im happy..
AcidBurn30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:21 PM   #430
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
No, Kali, that's not bad at all. I'd love to see fics from you.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #431
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Shredder doesn't come to New York until present day. He spent 15 years (or whatever) thinking Yoshi was dead.

Oh! Well, that answers that question. I didn't realize that Saki didn't show up until after the Turtles and Yoshi had mutated.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:28 AM   #432
Avatar Yuffie
Stone Warrior
 
Avatar Yuffie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 805
I'm actually not surprised with teen!April. Actually, I was expecting teen!Casey first.

But she kinda reminds me now of Gwen Tennyson from the Ben 10 cartoon series (minus the magical alien thing). I hope that this won't be the case...

Human!Splinter eh? That should be interesting (and yeah. I did prefer the OT/Archie origin of the guy).
__________________


We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:39 AM   #433
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
How do we know all of this? Seems kinda fishy to me...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:45 AM   #434
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
How do we know all of this? Seems kinda fishy to me...
*ninja pose*
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:47 AM   #435
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
*ninja pose*
Whaddisay?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:04 AM   #436
RskimB
Hench Mutant
 
RskimB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: west coast
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower View Post
2 different series coming out from idw
ooh awesome. thanks for clearing that up. any info on the differences?
__________________
leswrite.com
RskimB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:25 AM   #437
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by RskimB View Post
ooh awesome. thanks for clearing that up. any info on the differences?
One will be loosely based on the mirage material, but with their own continuity (Due this summer).
The other is going to coincide with the new show much like Archie did the OT (2012).
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:27 AM   #438
RskimB
Hench Mutant
 
RskimB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: west coast
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
One will be loosely based on the mirage material, but with their own continuity (Due this summer).
The other is going to coincide with the new show much like Archie did the OT (2012).
thank you good sir
__________________
leswrite.com
RskimB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #439
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Wow i've read the blogs and i'm getting more excited about this. My expectations weren't that high because i was so satisfied with 2K3. But this series looks like its going to bring new life into the series and bring in more "NEW" TMNT fans than 2K3 ever did.

I think that's 2K3 only weakness...it didn't draw in enough kid fanbase to make them a TMNT fan for life like the OT series did. I think this series can do that.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:18 AM   #440
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Yeah, I agree because Nick is really geared toward kids anyway with all of their shows. So more kids will probably tune in.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.