The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #4401
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Companies don't spend $100 million+ on something without the intention of making that all back and a profit.
you would be surprised..the entertainment industry works in rather mysterious ways.. At the end of the day it all will be based on ratings and the popularity of the merch.
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #4402
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,214
Jones is everywhere!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #4403
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpDerp View Post
Awesome, thanks for sharing this!

I just read the new comic,

Spoiler:
Loved the reference to Casey here. Also liked how Raph was able to defeat Sojobo. Nice plan.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #4404
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Awesome, thanks for sharing this!

I just read the new comic,

Spoiler:
Loved the reference to Casey here. Also liked how Raph was able to defeat Sojobo. Nice plan.
Oh man me too! I thought that was so funny!
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #4405
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,803
I can't wait to read the ratings after the opening. I bet it will have the highest ratings of anything on Saturday mornings for kids.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #4406
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I can't wait to read the ratings after the opening. I bet it will have the highest ratings of anything on Saturday mornings for kids.
I wanna bet against you just out of f*cking spite.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #4407
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I wanna bet against you just out of f*cking spite.
I am saying that because look at the huge time square promotion. Now, not every New Yorker is going to watch TMNT at 11am, but at least they're aware of its existence

You have to hand it to Nick, they're doing everything they possibly can to try and re-create the phenomenon TMNT was in the late 80's/early 90's. While it obviously will never be as popular as it once was, they can still create a hit out of it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #4408
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
I want to see the show become huge like the OT was, but I'll be satisfied as long as it isn't cancelled after season 1 like Thundercats

I think we deserve 3 or 4 seasons at least!

I know Nick has expressed their devotion to the show, but still, it can't be a cheap show to produce... and if the ratings were truly terrible, it's still possible they could abandon it after a couple years.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:54 PM   #4409
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,803
Nick owns TMNT 100%, it's not a co-production. They spent $60 million on the purchase and probably another $40-$50 million simply on producing the 26 episodes so far and all the advertising campaign to go along with it.

People always like to be doom and gloom, this series is obviously *at the minimum* going to last as long as the 4kids series did, (7 seasons and around 150 episodes), but if we're really lucky it'll come close to the OT's 10 Seasons and might be the first show to hit the milestone 200th episode.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:15 AM   #4410
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Cubed, buddy, Nick could pour as much money as the combined national debt of several small nations, and if the series doesn't find an audience they aren't gonna keep pumping cash into a bomb.

Again, we're not trying to be naysayers, but there is a happy medium between, "This isn't what I grew up with, it is 'TEH SUCK!!!!'" and your, "It'll last until the flying spaghetti monster brings about an era of prosperity and delicious garlic bread!"
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:16 AM   #4411
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Cubed, buddy, Nick could pour as much money as the combined national debt of several small nations, and if the series doesn't find an audience they aren't gonna keep pumping cash into a bomb.
Airing on Nickelodeon in a prime timeslot (11am on Saturdays, most kids are up by then), alone will make it a success. The toys and advertising will do the rest.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #4412
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Airing on Nickelodeon in a prime timeslot (11am on Saturdays, most kids are up by then), alone will make it a success. The toys and advertising will do the rest.

Time slot has as much to do with success as the amount of samollian thrown at it, good sir.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:31 AM   #4413
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Airing on Nickelodeon in a prime timeslot (11am on Saturdays, most kids are up by then), alone will make it a success. The toys and advertising will do the rest.
If I ever have a building I need to knock down, I'm using your head as a f*cking wrecking ball.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:54 AM   #4414
PAAATE
Stone Warrior
 
PAAATE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Nick owns TMNT 100%, it's not a co-production. They spent $60 million on the purchase and probably another $40-$50 million simply on producing the 26 episodes so far and all the advertising campaign to go along with it.

People always like to be doom and gloom, this series is obviously *at the minimum* going to last as long as the 4kids series did, (7 seasons and around 150 episodes), but if we're really lucky it'll come close to the OT's 10 Seasons and might be the first show to hit the milestone 200th episode.
Yes, I look forward to season 10 and the 200th episode.

I mean, at that point Nick will probably pump a billion dollars into the show, air it six times a day for best exposure and renew it until 2145.
__________________
I'm a member. I forgot about it, so now I'm a remember.
PAAATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:07 AM   #4415
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant
 
HerpDerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 488
Turtles ring the closing bell at NASDAQ:




TMNT take over Times Square:

HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:22 AM   #4416
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
Just watched the new comic. I liked seeing raph beat him. Shows hes the best.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:35 AM   #4417
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Hi can you post a link to the comic books please???
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:57 AM   #4418
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
here you go, buddy!,
http://www.nick.com/shows/ninja-turt...es-comics.html

by the way:INCREDIBLE turtles/ghostbusters drawing!

just read thisnew issue myself..they are so well done, its so much fun getting these..I know bobby said there were no plans at this moment to ever collect these but I surely wish some way or anothe wewill be getting a chance to buy those!...hey-by any chance are these new books from the new show anythinng like this?are they comics or plain written stories?and what are they called actually?i have troube finding anything like that online..

Last edited by marcelangelo; 09-15-2012 at 05:05 AM.
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:27 AM   #4419
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
here you go, buddy!,
http://www.nick.com/shows/ninja-turt...es-comics.html

by the way:INCREDIBLE turtles/ghostbusters drawing!

just read thisnew issue myself..they are so well done, its so much fun getting these..I know bobby said there were no plans at this moment to ever collect these but I surely wish some way or anothe wewill be getting a chance to buy those!...hey-by any chance are these new books from the new show anythinng like this?are they comics or plain written stories?and what are they called actually?i have troube finding anything like that online..
Oh thank you, but I cant view them here in the UK, ill have to wait till they are up on the UK Nick
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:30 AM   #4420
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
wow, really?I know that because usually all nick materialis region blocked for me, too(living in munich, germany), but these wor fine with my cpu..try it, compadre!)
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.