The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 07:19 PM   #501
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Its ashame this didn't come up earlier in the week, coulda got one've the guys to record Rob Paulsen saying "It's Cybercubed.... again!" in his Raph voice. Y'know, for the facepalm animated meme thingy....
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:24 PM   #502
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
What was the question again? And remember they can't say much.
Yeah dude, ask it again. Ill answer what I can.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:46 PM   #503
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
A meme is born:

Thanks to Oldmanwinters for the music cue.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:47 PM   #504
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So the Turtles aren't social outcasts living in the sewers anymore? Ugh, why did they have to put them in school?

Its like they're making it like those other superhero teenager shows like Kim Possible or the like.

Ugh, I can just see Mike taking a test and sneaking out the window to fight some baddies. I'm not a fan of the Turtles getting girlfriends either.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:50 PM   #505
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
A meme is born:
Spoiler:

Thanks to Oldmanwinters for the music cue.
I attribute all credit to Godzfire, who ripped and remastered it from Konami's files.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:51 PM   #506
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
That is insane!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:01 PM   #507
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
A meme is born:
Spoiler:

Thanks to Oldmanwinters for the music cue.
This is amazing! I favorited it just to use in my everyday internet interactions when people do stupid things!
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:03 PM   #508
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
By chance did y'all get to hear the new intro/theme song?

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:06 PM   #509
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
A meme is born:
[snip]
Thanks to Oldmanwinters for the music cue.
Rockin'! Thanks!
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:15 PM   #510
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
If Nick wants another digit they need to migrate that sucker north and make it a tail! Man, they should've had some more of us there.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:15 PM   #511
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
By chance did y'all get to hear the new intro/theme song?

-ms
Nope. Sorry dude. I was hoping for that too.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:00 PM   #512
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
I can't help but ask this question to the folks who attended the Nick production:

"Did you think the voice actors of April and Casey sounded appropriate?"

I figure these are the only two main characters left since everybody has commented on Mike, Raph, and Splinter's VAs.


My apologies, if this has already been addressed.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:20 PM   #513
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
Joe -

I for one am glad to hear your opinion on the material you saw on your trip. What little I've seen that has already been released publicly I can't stand. It isn't the Turtles I know. The 4Kids' series before FF I love most and is my favorite, but I like the first movie and TMNT 2007 too.

Even if we are in the minority, I won't blindly accept or "get used to" such dramatic change when the original formula hasn't been wrong for 25 years. Until I see some sort of equally as dramatic improvement, I can not give support to this new show.

Because I can't "love" every single thing about the Turtles, that should not make me less of a fan than anyone else.
__________________

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:24 PM   #514
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Well, don't be too quick to condemn the entire thing.

Come on everyone, I know some like to immediately jump to the worst conclusions about things with this fandom. Don't start committing sepukku over this yet. We've only seen like half-of-one percent of what they have in mind... They could surprise you.
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:24 PM   #515
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
LMFAO WHAT THE F*CK IS SO DRAMATICALLY DIFFERENT?

Jesus Christ, they added a toe and some gause. Get a goddamn grip.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:24 PM   #516
Turo602
The King of Kings
 
Turo602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 2,931
I really had high hopes, but now I have really low expectations for this show. I can't watch something that doesn't look good. It's what draws the viewer in. Not "Oh well this looks like it has good story, voice acting, and action." It's "Damn, this looks great, let's see if the voice acting, story telling, and action are just as good." So sorry Nick, as of now I am disappointed. I have lost lot's of interest in this show and hope it could still be saved with the more news we get.
__________________
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:30 PM   #517
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
LMFAO WHAT THE F*CK IS SO DRAMATICALLY DIFFERENT?

Jesus Christ, they added a toe and some gause. Get a goddamn grip.
Yeah. Nobody seems to be allowed to say what actually is different beyond a toe, a couple hidden blades, and the handwraps that I like so much!
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:30 PM   #518
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
There's a difference between "loving" every aspect of the franchise and seeing them all as different varying interpretations, good or bad. "Respecting" them is probably more apt.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:31 PM   #519
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
I have no problem with people disliking anything, heck I can't stand certain part of the Turtles franchise, but it seems odd to me to completely write off the series without even giving it a chance or having seen almost anything.

I love One Piece, the first time I saw it I thought the character designs were odd and I didn't really like the animation, but the story drew me in and after a while I grew to love Oda's style. Sometimes different isn't bad.

If you watch the first episode next year and you hate it, that's perfectly fine (who knows I might, I hope not but I can't tell) but it's really hard to judge 100% either way without having anything concrete to base your opinion on!
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:37 PM   #520
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Exactly. We (and that even included the selected few who know a little bit more) don't know what may change in the interim. Everyone just chill out and take a deep breath. Heck, maybe what Joe and the others saw as big minuses will be fixed by 2012.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.