The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2016, 05:44 AM   #5721
Etsyturtle2
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: stuff
Posts: 1,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew View Post
MsMarvelDuckie I feel bad for you, so I made you and your hubby a drawing.
http://i.imgur.com/V4hetRm.png

Edit: The words are hard to see on the shirts, but they say "Pop Culture T Shirt"
I love that.

My gear grinder is lack of supplies and money for certain tasks I hope to accomplish. Then, when I get money, It goes to paying off my debt or savings. Another one- I got a box of Nature Valley granola bars. It was a pack that had both peanut and almonds flavors in it. When I opened it, it was all peanut! It offended me.
Etsyturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 06:56 AM   #5722
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etsyturtle2 View Post
I love that.

My gear grinder is lack of supplies and money for certain tasks I hope to accomplish. Then, when I get money, It goes to paying off my debt or savings. Another one- I got a box of Nature Valley granola bars. It was a pack that had both peanut and almonds flavors in it. When I opened it, it was all peanut! It offended me.
Thanks.

I hate nuts in granola bars. The only one I really like are Quaker's Chewy Dips or their peanut butter chocolate kinds.
On the topic of "healthy" snack foods, I personally feel that trail mix is M&Ms and pretzels with obstacles. Who wants peanuts and raisins when you could have M&Ms and pretzels?
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 10:30 AM   #5723
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Aw, Duckie, that sounds awful. I hope things are all okay again very soon and he feels better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Well, you can but hope that one had a camera on it, and he'll be ending up with a ticket...
Wish it did, but it's near home and an intersection I know well and I know that one doesn't, sadly. Bet he/she knows it, too.

Stupid thing is, there is a police station right on that corner. >.> Well. I guess that's no deterrent at all.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Etsyturtle2 View Post
When I opened it, it was all peanut! It offended me.
Might kindly send a short complaint to the company via their website. They might send you a coupon for a free box to make up for it.

Plus, if it's not just a fluke it might help them know to check out their machinery to see if something isn't working right.



Edit: Just looked up their contact page and noticed the "age" section to fill out has a selection of age groups to pick from... the first being age 1-6. Those are some precocious 1-year-olds! (Can they even eat the stuff?? lol) Yet they just gave up on the adult age groups and lumped many together as "over 35." lol

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-08-2016 at 10:36 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 06:19 PM   #5724
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew View Post
MsMarvelDuckie I feel bad for you, so I made you and your hubby a drawing.
http://i.imgur.com/V4hetRm.png

Edit: The words are hard to see on the shirts, but they say "Pop Culture T Shirt"

Thanks! He really liked the pic and said thank you. He said it was sweet for someone who doesnt know him to do that. He's back home again, after tests, a sonogram on his heart, and a bunch of pills to help get things back to normal. Doing better now.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:19 AM   #5725
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
No problem.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:01 AM   #5726
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
I feel you guys! I'd need about 10 thou for what I want though. The guy whose site I libked also does custom work, and I have in mind a pair of matched sabers (like cavalry swords) with silver handles in the shape of a nude female elf with arms stretching up to hold a round moonstone slice "moon" for the pommel. Amethysts in the eyes, and a handguard like twining ivy vines. They said it would be AT LEAST that much due to size and materials.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:48 AM   #5727
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
Being really into a show and realizing a character vanished. I've been rewatching Call the Midwife and realized there was a I character I'd completely forgotten about. She just up and vanished. And it's really frustrating because I don't even recall them saying where she went. Where did you go, Jane!?
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:02 PM   #5728
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
Finals and final projects.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:50 PM   #5729
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Being really into a show and realizing a character vanished. I've been rewatching Call the Midwife and realized there was a I character I'd completely forgotten about. She just up and vanished. And it's really frustrating because I don't even recall them saying where she went. Where did you go, Jane!?
I feel you. He didn't vanish, but when L from Death Note died I was super sad and mad.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:12 PM   #5730
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew View Post
I feel you. He didn't vanish, but when L from Death Note died I was super sad and mad.
Why I feel that the Live-Action adaptation is better then the Anime and Manga.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:14 PM   #5731
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
Took vacation this week since yesterday was my birthday. Well I'm f*cking sick now and will probably be sick all week...
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:25 PM   #5732
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
The trouble with this particular character disappearing is that she really did just vanish from the story. It doesn't help that she was a very shy and quiet woman. I'm assuming she married (very, very vocal) Rev. Applebee-Thornton and they went off together to whatever he was working on, but I don't seem to recall them saying where they went.

Call the Midwife has a weird habit of having secondary characters come and go, sometimes two or three times, before cutting them out completely for whatever reason.

Can Chummy just...please come back??? I miss her!
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:41 PM   #5733
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Why I feel that the Live-Action adaptation is better then the Anime and Manga.
There's a live action version?
Didn't know this, I wonder how Ryuk was handled.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:15 PM   #5734
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew View Post
I feel you. He didn't vanish, but when L from Death Note died I was super sad and mad.

Yeah, I vastly preferred him to his two "replacements". It took both Near and Mello to finally catch Light, when L did better all on his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Why I feel that the Live-Action adaptation is better then the Anime and Manga.

I concur! The ending was SOOO much better!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew View Post
There's a live action version?
Didn't know this, I wonder how Ryuk was handled.

Yup. It's in two parts. And Ryuk and Rem were AMAZING in CG in it!
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:19 PM   #5735
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Yeah, I vastly preferred him to his two "replacements". It took both Near and Mello to finally catch Light, when L did better all on his own.




I concur! The ending was SOOO much better!





Yup. It's in two parts. And Ryuk and Rem were AMAZING in CG in it!
Just saw pictures. Ryuk was freaking amazing looking! I'm wanna see these, let us consult the Internet!
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:48 PM   #5736
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew View Post
I feel you. He didn't vanish, but when L from Death Note died I was super sad and mad.
I stopped watching the show after he died tbh

He's what made it good
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:55 PM   #5737
Electric
Epic Hiatus
 
Electric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Finals and final projects.
I feel you there. Wish you the best of luck!
__________________
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:28 PM   #5738
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
When she never liked you at all and wants your best friend over you.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 04:21 AM   #5739
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
I stopped watching the show after he died tbh

He's what made it good
I watched the whole series on Netflix. But L was the best character.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:45 AM   #5740
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew View Post
I watched the whole series on Netflix. But L was the best character.
Coincidentally, I was rewatching it last week.

...But again I stop when L dies. lmfao, in my world, Death Note's anime ends when L dies. My brother does this with Bambi [he stops the movie before his mother dies] so that it never happens in the story.

Clearly, my family has healthy problem management skills. :V
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.