![]() |
|
|||||||
| View Poll Results: *hands out tissues and chocolate to all the affected* | |||
| "I cant believe this place. Its all... So Horrible!" |
|
26 | 70.27% |
| "How could you just abandon us like that?!" |
|
9 | 24.32% |
| "Master... I am finished!" |
|
2 | 5.41% |
| Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll | |||
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#41 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
|
so how did you get the preview for the TMNT next week??
__________________
https://www.twitch.tv/turtlepizzapower |
|
|
|
|
#42 | |
|
Super Moderator
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
|
Quote:
Youre free to post. I"m not trying to pick on you, but PLEASE.... We all Know you hate Karai. Almost obsessively. But there are folks here who like her... It'd be like if someone kept posting in the threads about how they hate Donatello, or wanna see UN get killed off. Its just tiresome and wouldnt be fair to you or Any other fan of those characters... |
|
|
|
|
|
#43 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
|
of course donnie was pissed. Shredder killed off all of his brothers, destroyed man kind, and killed his master. Why would he not be pissed. lol.
__________________
https://www.twitch.tv/turtlepizzapower |
|
|
|
|
#44 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nexus: Chasing after the Ultimate Ninja
Posts: 2,731
|
Suit urself, MB *shrugs* I'll remind you guys that when you started to go on and on about something and how tiresome it is. But I am done posting on the topic so don't worry.
__________________
*is an official Drako hater*
|
|
|
|
|
#45 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 858
|
This is by far the darkest episode in the series, and one of the best. It's too bad that this was only a one shot, because I would of loved this arc have at least 3 episodes. They could explain exactly how the Shredder took over and defeated the Turtles. And how Splinter died.
As for the episode we got, wow. I was amazed how dark this episode is. And it's a cartoon for kids, no less! Post-Apocolpytic world. Gestapo like minions. Death and destruction. It was all here. So this is what could happen if the Shredder took over. Wow, I congraduate Laird & Co. for taking the bold move to show this episode. I'm sure it's the most violent and dark episode of a saturday morning cartoon in quite a while. It was really sad to see the Turtles in their old age. But their costumes were pretty freakin' awesome. I was shocked to see Mikey without an arm and Raph with his left eye sewn shut. Leo looked pretty awesome in his outfit. Very Morphesus like, indeed. It really hit home when we learn that both Splinter and Casey are killed in their battles against the Shredder. I hope they go back to this possible future in Season 4 and give us the whole story. This was the first episode in the series where we actually see death. It's not just implied, it's actually shown. The Shredder killed Don's brothers and Stockman & Hun without remorse. And Don killed the Shredder too. By the way, did April kill Karai? Anyway, I know this is just a cartoon but to see these cartoons actually killed feels very, very weird. Again, kudos to Laird for doing such an outstanding job on this episode. Which I believe to be the best of this season and possibly the best of the entire series. Wow.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
#46 | |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New England! :D
Posts: 350
|
Quote:
Tch. I agree. Donnie has every right to be pissed!!! I mean, he's lost everything he's ever know and loved. (besides April... unless ya wanna count her as lost, too, but I won't) Thats gotta make the most mellow of people *turtles* break down at some point.
__________________
ROCK RULES BABY!!! ~Live life to its fullest...or die trying.~ VOTE KLUNK FOR PRESIDENT!... RIP JADE *If you don't teach children four letter words, then they will never learn the meaning of love* My two short fics on the boys (two down, two to go!)... Leonardo -(Stabbed) and Donatello -(His Final Thoughts ) |
|
|
|
|
|
#47 |
|
Outlaw Hero
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Posts: 4,867
|
Uhm, so they are showing more of the Series. Damn, somehow my source of episodes seem to have dried out.
Anyhow: Baxter's going to be fused to hun? How did that happen? And why? Is there any mention of this? The rest is pretty much explained. Thanks guys
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
#48 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
|
Quote:
__________________
https://www.twitch.tv/turtlepizzapower |
|
|
|
|
|
#49 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New England! :D
Posts: 350
|
Yeah, Baxter and Hun are fused at the shoulder... Basically, its Hun in a wheelchair looking all old and Baxter in his lil jar attached to Hun's shoulder. Scared the living daylight outta me when I first saw it... and then I was juss grossed out lol. Hopefully we can get a screen cap of that?
__________________
ROCK RULES BABY!!! ~Live life to its fullest...or die trying.~ VOTE KLUNK FOR PRESIDENT!... RIP JADE *If you don't teach children four letter words, then they will never learn the meaning of love* My two short fics on the boys (two down, two to go!)... Leonardo -(Stabbed) and Donatello -(His Final Thoughts ) |
|
|
|
|
#50 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Cincinnateh, Ohio... WHO-DEY!
Posts: 113
|
I hadn't really wanted to watch this episode again after seeing it Thursday. For one thing, futuristic renditions of characters usually creeps me out big time. For another, I study history history. I love history. I've never really had any interest in futuristic stuff. I think it's why I don't like sci fi.
This episode reminded me of a few things: * First, with Donnie being missing for thirty years. I was really reminded of an episode of Teen Titans (*sigh*, yes, I watch it from time to time and am ashamed) where Starfire was thrown thirty years into the future due to some magic time travel device. And when she met up with the other Titans it turned out that she'd been missing all that time too. The other Titans were spilt up too, and she insisted they all get back together. * Second. 1984. Anyone else read it? Anybody else think Shredder = BIG BROTHER?!! Oh, man, that's what I thought through the whole episode. All the people seem to be brainwashed zombies. >.> Scary scary. * Third, the game Jak II. If the Shredder's rule isn't SO close to Baron Praxis! And the small resistance group...April leaning over that table with maps and plotting was quite familiar. Plus, all the 'Serve the Shredder' messages...except in Jak II you can walk up to the broadcast units and break them...then the cops chase ya. XD I don't know if I can say if this was a good or bad episode, I just know I spent thirty minutes staring at my tv with my jaw hanging wide open. This was dark. REALLY dark. And mayhaps sounding anal, HOW in the heck was this able to air on 4Kids?! Most kids who spend their time watching their Saturday mornings watching cartoons are between 7-11. A bit young to be watching that sort of insane violence! o_o I mean, sheez, almost EVERY main character was killed, or already dead! I was also kinda upset that they didn't have Donnie show any reaction when Leo and Raph got killed. I know there's time restraints, but still...wouldn't it be nice to have him freak out a little more...? Or cry? *cough* Yes. I'm a SICK woman. Methinks Don's gonna give his bros each a BIG hug when he gets home. I've been trying to draw a pic of him hugging Mikey since Thursday, but it's just refusing to come out right so far. Aaaanyways, I've driven myself off topic... /end rant.
__________________
"Wash the windows! Scrub the floors! Save the world! My entire life is work, work, work!"
|
|
|
|
|
#51 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
|
ok, this is my last post. I loved hun in this episode as well. BUT YOU PEOPLE NEED TO STOP BEING SO MEAN. Karazi's post are not repative. Maybe this is why a lot of people leave this place. It is her option. But please have some respect.
__________________
https://www.twitch.tv/turtlepizzapower |
|
|
|
|
#52 |
|
Outlaw Hero
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Posts: 4,867
|
We are not going to have an argument whether Kazari repeats herself or not, this is about the episode. And PizzaPower, your sig is not working,
|
|
|
|
|
#53 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
|
okies. I am sorry, and thanks anarki. I will fixed it. now back on topic. BAXTER FINALLY DIES!!!!! lol
__________________
https://www.twitch.tv/turtlepizzapower |
|
|
|
|
#54 |
|
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
|
Well now i can officially post my comments.
Raph's death just...well you know...that bothered me, as well as Leo's and Mike's but you all know how I am with Raphie....they way they did it was done right, he LOVES Leo, his best friend, they died together. I could see them going to the big turtle pond in the sky that way. At least this is a future that can be changed because Don's sucked back to, hopefully HOME. After all of this, I think the effect on Donnie will be intense. He will become obsessed with creating some tool to finally get rid of the Shredder; if I know him he will do what it takes to keep his brother's from a pretty bleak future and a horrible way to die. Hey least we died fightin' shut up Raph..nobody asked you... Anyways...I think the ep is pushing the limits too. I mean we got people shooting each other, MAIN characters DEAD, violence level was through the roof... And Raph...hugging Donnie with a big fat smile. Love that. Mikey lost his goofiness and was all dead serious(yes his voice was so right too) and Raph's found control of his emotions and wasn't afraid of expressing them anymore. DAmN the ep was good. I can see when Don pops back to Home Sweet Home, he will give everybody a huge hug....I'd like to see their reaction to his story. I think it will bring the team feeling into full effect and they'll all work their butts off to kill off Shredder.
__________________
Last edited by Buslady; 03-19-2005 at 10:48 AM. |
|
|
|
|
#55 |
|
Super Moderator
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
|
A BIG concern for me is how parents are going to react to this. You Know people are going to make a big deal of a cartoon bloodbath...
|
|
|
|
|
#56 | |
|
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
|
Quote:
thats what ruined movie 2...parents whining about it. I'm a mother, Chris saw some of it...he's fine. I think parents in general are so freakin paranoid that an episode of TMNT (or whatever toon) is gonna mess up their kids for ever. Ugh... Get with it people, this world is FULL a horrible violence...it human nature to blow each other up. At least that's what it feels like.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#57 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New England! :D
Posts: 350
|
Well, at least they didnt show blood...they were just dead. Dont think that it showed many scratches on the dead bodies, either... but I'll have to watch it again... It all depends on how the parent feels on violence. Some really dont give a crud, while others will freak out at the idea. Its not like their kids are gonna go their whold lives without seeing any violence... they have to get introduced to it at some point. And people DIE, they dont stay around forever. Its not all pansies in the real world...
Did I just make any sense at all?
__________________
ROCK RULES BABY!!! ~Live life to its fullest...or die trying.~ VOTE KLUNK FOR PRESIDENT!... RIP JADE *If you don't teach children four letter words, then they will never learn the meaning of love* My two short fics on the boys (two down, two to go!)... Leonardo -(Stabbed) and Donatello -(His Final Thoughts ) |
|
|
|
|
#58 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,913
|
Great episode. Although, I hate how everyone suddenly jumped on the I hate Karai bandwagon. Very dark, which suited this episode perfectly. The Hun/Stockman merger was weird, I really thought Shredder would have simply Killed them a long time ago instead of merging them together.
And I do think Leo was bind. When he meet up with Raph, didn't Raph speak first? I'm pretty sure he did. To me it felt like Raph said "Leo?" and Leo was surprised asuming the turtle coming was Mikey until he heard his voice. If Leo could see I think he would have been the one to realize it was Raph first (instead of Raph realizing it was Leo) but only relying on sound he couldn't distinguish between Raph and Mikey. Or I could be completely wrong and he can see fine, and just likes the shades. |
|
|
|
|
#59 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Cincinnateh, Ohio... WHO-DEY!
Posts: 113
|
A parent has EVERY right to keep their kids from watching any sort of violence, weather it be live action or animated. Even for years when I was a kid, my mother didn't want me watching the OLD ninja turtles. Seriously, if I'd been babysitting my little cousins this morning, there's no WAY I would have let them see this episode.
Maybe the world is full of violence, but that doesn't mean the younger generation has to grow up seeing so much of it. I can only imagine how many complaints are going into 4Kids' right now, or how many moms watched the show with their kids today, and aren't going to let them watch next week. I don't think it's human nature for people to kill each other. Man is inherently good, but wars are necessary from time to time to maintain a world peace. Anyways, once again, I end my philosophical/Republican rant.
__________________
"Wash the windows! Scrub the floors! Save the world! My entire life is work, work, work!"
|
|
|
|
|
#60 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,913
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|