The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2007, 12:32 PM   #41
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranigmaFreak View Post
We're not weird!

BTW, I went around today on other forums flamming people who complain about the lack of Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady in the new movie.
Awesome. What other forums have you been to?
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:24 PM   #42
Raph'N'Roll
Hench Mutant
 
Raph'N'Roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 313
Quote:
TerranigmaFreak:BTW, I went around today on other forums flamming people who complain about the lack of Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady in the new movie.
Speaking of Rocksteady and Bebop, a couple of students walking beside me after coming out of TMNT last night said " maybe Rocksteady and Bebop will be in the sequel, athough they're not cool" I thought that was funny.

As for TMNT fans being weird, well I'm sure some of us are lol, but being a fan of Turtles ain't the slightest bit weird.
Ignorant people view them as a kiddie craze, so the older you are, the more weird that this type of person will think you are, but sod their opinion, if someone can't accept my TMNT fandom, well that's their problem.
The Turtles have been apart of my life for so long now that their almost like a long time friend, and a really great one at that.

Last edited by Raph'N'Roll; 03-24-2007 at 10:33 PM.
Raph'N'Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:00 AM   #43
Ra
It's my desire?
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In your pants.
Posts: 4,441
Question: Are we weird?
Answer: Yes. Yes we are.

Well, not WEIRD weird, but that really nice weird. We are true fans, and our exploits in life are fun to look at. Nearly every turtle fan I have met has been nice, took things with good humor, excepting to the abnormal, and just generally good people, if not, kind of childish. Then again, to a "normal" person who is caught up in one of our Ninja Turtle rants, we are as weird as the come
__________________

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:16 AM   #44
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
When I've been telling some people I'm going to see the tmnt movie, they give me the weirdest look and say.."but..it's a cartoon! for kids!" It's funny and seems as if they put it on the same level as if I were going to see a new Sesame Street or Barney movie.
Also, one of the buddies I went with's coworkers gave him flak for going to see a "kids" movie.
I admit I'm a little weird, but only in the sense that I'm different than most other people...I feel out of place in a sports bar but comfortable at a comic book convention....
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:43 PM   #45
Bad Guys Lover
Hench Mutant
 
Bad Guys Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 268
I`m maybe a little "weird" person, but I don`t find weird loving TMNT. And you know what people, screw everybody who don`t understand us!
Bad Guys Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:31 PM   #46
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
yep weirdos the whole lot of you...so says sam the eagle!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:32 PM   #47
Leonardo_
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 813
Whohoo, I got my turtles-mousepad today. I purchased it by ebay.
I only showed it my mother, because my dad would make stupid comments, so I stopped showing him my turtles-stuff.

I am sure he would think that I am weird...
__________________

Leonardo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:34 PM   #48
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo the 2nd View Post
Whohoo, I got my turtles-mousepad today. I purchased it by ebay.
I only showed it my mother, because my dad would make stupid comments, so I stopped showing him my turtles-stuff.

I am sure he would think that I am weird...
yeah my father always though me collecting ninja turtle figures mint in the box's was stupid untill now when he sees how much money I'm making off them on ebay.
He was like damn I wish I'd have bought some of those now!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:41 AM   #49
TheAnimatedSeries
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 158
I respect the TMNT as being interesting characters and the TMNT universe in general is worthy of fandom, but I mainly adore them because every day that I'm not in the early 90's a growing darkness takes more and more of my soul away, and bathing in thoughts of the Turtles helps to remind me of better days and keeps me from giving into that final solution. I cant be alone on this!
TheAnimatedSeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:45 AM   #50
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Everybody's weird.

We're just weird together. And (for the most part) we're a NICE weird, so I'm proud to call myself a weirdo!! Who better to be weird about than an honor-bound, loving family?

(This, of course, is completely different than being a PSYCHO-WEIRD. We don't need that.)
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:02 AM   #51
heretic888
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dawn View Post
Everybody's weird.
Yup.

"Weird" just means your interests and priorities fall outside those of, say, 60% of the general population. Many of the things I spend my time doing --- TMNT, D&D, martial arts, read philosophy, study psychology, listen to alt-rock, etc --- would also be classified as "weird". I'm fine with that. I never pretended to be "normal".

By the way, the polite term is "eccentric".
__________________
"Ninpo began as training to become a moral people and to learn to endure in whatever social condition one is in; to know and accept one's fate, and to live for human beings and all other creatures. The person who masters all of these is a Ninja." (Masaaki Hatsumi)
heretic888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:28 AM   #52
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Everyone IS weird. I wear my TMNT t-shirt once in a while, and most people think it's cute, even at work (I wear it under a dressy blazer). But then when I wear it to the TMNT movie, a 30-something guy, who's the one who organized the group going to the movie (all his idea), sees my shirt and suddenly decides, "oh, that's way too geeky." Rather rude, now that I think about it. Not to mention hypocritical. I can tell he really likes TMNT and probably would have liked to talk about the movie, which he liked, but apparently he had to save face. Can't have too much fun, see, makes you weird. He did invite me to a game of pool after, but nah... too late, dude.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:43 PM   #53
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris View Post
Everyone IS weird. I wear my TMNT t-shirt once in a while, and most people think it's cute, even at work (I wear it under a dressy blazer). But then when I wear it to the TMNT movie, a 30-something guy, who's the one who organized the group going to the movie (all his idea), sees my shirt and suddenly decides, "oh, that's way too geeky." Rather rude, now that I think about it. Not to mention hypocritical. I can tell he really likes TMNT and probably would have liked to talk about the movie, which he liked, but apparently he had to save face. Can't have too much fun, see, makes you weird. He did invite me to a game of pool after, but nah... too late, dude.
I agree people just need to let go and stop caring what the rest of the world thinks of them. It'd be a much better place.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:46 PM   #54
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission
 
Spike Spiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: At my desk drawing something
Posts: 2,365
Exactly! When I would talk about TMNT at school two years ago, I was ridiculed and laughed at. Now the people who teased me are hyped about the movie simply cuz it's "cool" IMO.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:10 PM   #55
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
Nothing wrong with being weird, as long at it:

A) Makes you happy
B) It isn't hurting anybody

This reminds of a bumper sticker I saw a long time ago:

"You laugh because i'm different. I laugh because you're all the same." lol always loved that quote.

Damn proud to be a TMNT fan
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:47 AM   #56
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission
 
Spike Spiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: At my desk drawing something
Posts: 2,365
Hey I saw someone wearing a t shirt with that quote recently.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:12 AM   #57
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphroehler2003 View Post
Nothing wrong with being weird, as long at it:

A) Makes you happy
B) It isn't hurting anybody

This reminds of a bumper sticker I saw a long time ago:

"You laugh because i'm different. I laugh because you're all the same." lol always loved that quote.

Damn proud to be a TMNT fan
Amen, I'll have to add this to my facebook quotes. That is me, dead on.
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.