![]() |
|
|
#41 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
|
I, however DO count Battle Toads as a direct knock off. I don't know if it actually was to have 4 members (I somehow remember reading an early concept used in Nintendo Power saying there were 4... or at least one of the names was changed.
It also didn't help that the unsold cartoon series had a slacker that talked almost exactly like Mikey, and that one was a technogeek. I have to say, there was some potential in a cartoon series for Battle Toads, but other than the obvious cloning of the Turtle character personalities (at least with 2 of them) the series suffered terrible animation and drekky dialogue.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here] |
|
|
|
|
|
#42 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
|
I can't believe you all are forgetting the most important of them all...
(hmm video isn't working, so check out the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Cl7AM9Fdc |
|
|
|
|
|
#43 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,356
|
Well, that was a show-within-a-show. So was basically parodying the concept as a series watched in that 'universe'.
On a similar note could say the same of one in Fairly OddParent's Movie "Channel Chasers", when Timmy goes by the credits for a cow-related series that is obviously parodying TMNT. |
|
|
|
|
|
#44 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ALABAMA
Posts: 104
|
Like Jon said, that was a show within a show. I'm only counting original comic books, cartoons , or video games based on or inspired by the turtles.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#45 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 80
|
When I was a kid Biker mice from Mars was my favorite show and it is still great at least with finnish dub where they have really funny stuff to say sometimes even dirty stuff.
Oh and one episode had TMNT parody where Carbunkle had a machine where he could make comicbook/tv characters real and Limburg started to look what villains would powerful enough to beat the Biker Mice and first he watched show with two normal turtles who had orange and red bandanas and Michelangelo : " "licorice pizza yummy" Raphael: "Yuck" Limburg stated: "too slow" |
|
|
|
|
|
#46 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
Original
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#47 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 80
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#48 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
Prätkähiiret
They're called "Prätkähiiret" in Finland http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pr%C3%A4tk%C3%A4hiiret.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#49 |
|
Space Knight
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
|
Don't forget
- MIAMI MICE - HAMSTER VICE - GNAT RAT - GERIATRIC GANGRENE JUJITSU GERBILS - CYBORG GERBILS - NAIVE INTER-DIMENSIONAL COMMANDO KOALAS - BUCKY O' HARE (always seemed more like Space Usagi parody to me) And the Snaliens rocked! I still have those toys in my toyboxes with my Turtles! I got them on my birthday in '93 along with all the TMNT III figures at KayBee. It also snowed that day, rather deeply, so it was special. Also, this pic reminded me of the Snaliens:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#50 | |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: washington state
Posts: 193
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#51 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
Punk Frogs
Even the Punk Frogs is like a TMNT rip-off (even if it's in the same series).
|
|
|
|
|
|
#52 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
|
Quote:
VINNIE: Don't call us dudes! Call us Bros. "Dudes" is for slimey reptiles.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here] |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#53 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 35
|
The Genetically Altered Adolescent Karate Cows from The Fairly Odd Parents TV movie Channel Chasers.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#54 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
|
I was too disappointed they didn't actually do anything but show the credits on that one. There was some real potential for something funny. I guess they didn't have enough time to do anything with it.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here] |
|
|
|
|
|
#55 |
|
Guest
Posts: n/a
|
I never liked any of the TMNT rip-offs. They were all rubbish.
The only series I enjoyed that was anything like TMNT was ThunderCats. And it's not a rip-off because ThunderCats first aired on 1985 where as TMNT aired on 1987. |
|
|
|
#56 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nope.avi
Posts: 825
|
does the koopa bros from mario count as a tmnt knockoff!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#57 |
|
Detoxed Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,180
|
Well a few of those aren't real rip-offs.
I mean TMNT started the anthropomorphic superheroes and most shows had them but many were totally different and only similarity is that they are Oh and my favorite parody is the Teenage Mutant Ninja Cavemen from Dinosaurs |
|
|
|
|
|
#58 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pao Pao Café
Posts: 1,264
|
Battletoads no doubt. That game gives me near-aneurysms and I still love it!
Then again, I ran into a brick wall when I was in 3rd grade
__________________
"I'll be what I wanna do." |
|
|
|
|
|
#59 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
|
A double joke, since Dinosaurs was founded on the exact same type of animatronics that was used in the movie.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here] |
|
|
|
|
|
#60 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vermont, USA
Posts: 721
|
Quote:
I've wanted one of those since Dinosaurs first started airing.
__________________
THE DARKNESS AGE IS RETURN!
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|