The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #41
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,463
I give up.

Seriously.

If anyone has an extra after managing to snag two, send me a PM. I've been trying to get this book ever since it came out.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #42
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
If anyone has an extra after managing to snag two, send me a PM. I've been trying to get this book ever since it came out.
Same here. I just want the book, why does it have to be so f**king hard?
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:39 PM   #43
nimrod
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 185
Got my refund. Foiled again.
nimrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #44
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
It's a shame they can't print more because of the buyout. Really terrible deal.

So Mirage honestly thought they had 800 copies in and now realize they had zero. They did not even do inventory to check what they had on hand before offering it for sale?

Terrible business. With Mirage closing up shop by the end of May, they'll probably sell the rest of their catalog to mycomicshop.com or other online comic retailers, because this is obviously coming to an end.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:29 PM   #45
prescribeddrone
Foot Soldier
 
prescribeddrone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 115
GODDAMNIT!

I just got an email saying they gave me refund due to it being out of stock!



:sigh:
prescribeddrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:49 PM   #46
Navin Johnson
Stone Warrior
 
Navin Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 544
Wow, I must be one of the lucky ones, I recieved mine a few days ago.
I ordered it the day RossMay posted it. Did anyone else order it that day
and not recieve one.
__________________
Lord loves a workin' man
Navin Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:55 PM   #47
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
Wow, I must be one of the lucky ones, I recieved mine a few days ago.
I ordered it the day RossMay posted it. Did anyone else order it that day
and not recieve one.
I did. I was checking the Mirage site, clicked the "refresh" button, and the book was available. Ordered straight away. I posted in this thread seven minutes after RossMay, having already ordered it.

I believe I was one of the first, but still, I'm not getting it. Really, it's not fair.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:01 PM   #48
RossMay
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 177
I blame Andrew.
__________________
http://www.rossmaywriter.com
RossMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:27 PM   #49
lilmotto
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oculus Orbus View Post
I did. I was checking the Mirage site, clicked the "refresh" button, and the book was available. Ordered straight away. I posted in this thread seven minutes after RossMay, having already ordered it.

I believe I was one of the first, but still, I'm not getting it. Really, it's not fair.
This doesn't seem fair. I ordered on the 13th. And mine shipped yesterday. I ordered more the next day but that was refunded.
__________________
I list items on ebay frequently:
http://shop.ebay.com/lilmotto/m.html...1&_from=&_ipg=
lilmotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:41 PM   #50
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Going from Dan's post they got ~24 books in (3% of 800 = 24) so maybe they sent those books to the first 24 people who ordered.

I got the last "official" copy Mirage had in stock, and I ordered mine the second or third week of November, so that gives you an idea of how long they've been out of stock at the office.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:56 PM   #51
Vivi
Mad Scientist
 
Vivi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ninja HQ, Moon
Posts: 1,076

Didn't know anything about this until I got the refund note in my email today.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:27 PM   #52
Brodie
Certified Teacher
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bizarro Metropolis
Posts: 6,495
This is insane. I was getting edgy about not getting shipping info, but after posting I got a shipping confirmation...Then I read this.

As of this, I'm assuming shipping confirmation means my copy exists...

But I'm really sorry to those who weren't able to get their copy. Hopefully if people ordered more than 1 and got more than 1, they'll be willing to help out other people on the drome.
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:58 PM   #53
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Without an exorbitant nominal fee.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:06 PM   #54
DK2
Stone Warrior
 
DK2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 621
OMG. I ordered for my brother on the 12th. I got the shipping confirmation today. So am I still getting it or not?
Well the book is rare again. Remember Dan said not even 3%, so it may be less than 24 copies. So the print run is probably back to what I thought it was. Must be around 1000 or less copies printed. So Mirage barely gets another 20 or so copies? Thats gotta be odd still to get from the printer. Bad go on Mirage for listing the book to sell before they got the stock. Oh well.
DK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:45 AM   #55
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Man, I really don't understand why I won't get my copy. Don't get me wrong guys, I'm glad some of you managed to finally do it, but for what I've seen here I probaly ordered first. I did it just a few minutes, maybe seconds, after the book was again available.

I've already written to Katie and to Dan telling them about it, just in case it was an error or something, but they haven't answered yet. But you know, I'm pretty sure that I won't get it.

It's so frustrating.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:15 AM   #56
lilmotto
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oculus Orbus View Post
Man, I really don't understand why I won't get my copy. Don't get me wrong guys, I'm glad some of you managed to finally do it, but for what I've seen here I probaly ordered first. I did it just a few minutes, maybe seconds, after the book was again available.

I've already written to Katie and to Dan telling them about it, just in case it was an error or something, but they haven't answered yet. But you know, I'm pretty sure that I won't get it.

It's so frustrating.
Did you select the international book? (the one with international postage?) If I had to guess they probably don't want to fill out the customs forms etc.
__________________
I list items on ebay frequently:
http://shop.ebay.com/lilmotto/m.html...1&_from=&_ipg=
lilmotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:15 AM   #57
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmotto View Post
Did you select the international book? (the one with international postage?) If I had to guess they probably don't want to fill out the customs forms etc.
I did. The international order was $50 instead of $38, and that included shipping. I have ordered from them before, and as long as you don't order any merch, you get your stuff just right. Shippings are expensive, but the price for international orders of this book included the shipping cost.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:41 PM   #58
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Okay, so people need this and that 'rainy day' I spoke about has come. I'm £35.00 over my bank limit,(seriously, how the hell do they think anyone can go six weeks without a pay, over christmas?!) so i'll probably get hit with a charge and i'm getting a crappy wage tomorrow (i'm on commission, and we just went through the quietest time of the year).

Now this went for $50 US shipped to europe? I'll sell my spare for $75 US. Its got a crease going down the spine, which was there when I got it, and if that seems a bit expensive? I'll chuck in a bookplate, the same one as this. First one to PM me wins, and if noone does, i'll stick it on ebay... (Paypal only please, and its that price, shipped, anywhere.)



**UPDATE** It's gone
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection

Last edited by discordiatookie; 01-28-2010 at 01:19 PM.
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:57 PM   #59
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
With Mirage closing up shop by the end of May, they'll probably sell the rest of their catalog to mycomicshop.com or other online comic retailers, because this is obviously coming to an end.
eBay is the current plan, I believe.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:58 PM   #60
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Man, I am really glad I pre-ordered this book back when it first went up for pre-order last year. I could not imagine going through all the crap some of you are going through to get this thing.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.