The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
RossMay
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 177
Get 'em while they're hot: new TMNT Vol. 1s

Posted today (January 12th), Mirage's site has more TMNT Collected Books Vol. 1 up for sale. Now how quickly will it take for the stock to be cleaned out?

Umm, consolations to those of you who went to ebay.
__________________
http://www.rossmaywriter.com
RossMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Man, just ordered mine. I was so tempted to go to ebay, but now I'm just really happy. I've been about to order several copies, but I didn't in the end. We should let everyone that want it get their copy.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #3
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
Ahhhhh! They would get more up for sale when I have no money...

Any chance these'll stick around till I get taxes back (I think that happens soon anyway)? Yes? No? Maybe?

...Probably not. Grr.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
I would've thought that they'd put a ban on ordering multiple books, as no doubt that's where some folk will buy from and sell them off at extortionate prices. Maybe a two book limit? Not that it really bothers me, as I already have mine. And I guess i'll be holding onto my extra copy for a wee while longer now, as reckon I won't get much for it now
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:53 PM   #5
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,187
I normally don't do stuff like this since I know alot of TMNT fans want this... but I was one of the first people to sell my extra on ebay and my dumb ass put a "but it now" for 30 bucks. You can imagine how thrilled I was to see the other listings about a week later.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:16 PM   #6
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Yeah dude, that's pretty bad. Well, at least you've got your own copy.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:50 PM   #7
Brodie
Certified Teacher
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bizarro Metropolis
Posts: 6,495
Oh man, I thought I'd never grab one. I thought about it for a few minutes, and just ordered. 38 bucks was more steep than the initial 29, but way better than the 90-200 or so I saw it going for on ebay.
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #8
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
I agree with everyone. Don't be a douche.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #9
Brodie
Certified Teacher
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bizarro Metropolis
Posts: 6,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
I agree with everyone. Don't be a douche.
Totally. I was talking to TheCure about this. I'd much rather let someone else have the opportunity to get the book at a decent price, from the source, rather than getting shafted on ebay.
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #10
DK2
Stone Warrior
 
DK2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 621
I'm surprised that Mirage somehow got some more. Wonder where these came from and how many are available? They seem to be letting people have no limits on how many they can get. My brother ordered one cause he missed out on this.
DK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:53 AM   #11
A little *too* Raph
Stone Warrior
 
A little *too* Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 561
Sweet! I just grabbed a copy, I have been looking for this for a long time. Plus I had a paypal credit that I had forgotten about so I only paid like 9 bucks for it
__________________
- "You're a claustrophobic"
- "You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy"
A little *too* Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:04 PM   #12
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
I was just wondering, this is not a second printing, right?

I assumed it isn't, cos Dan didn't mention it on the site, but I'm curious about where those came from.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:13 PM   #13
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oculus Orbus View Post
I was just wondering, this is not a second printing, right?

I assumed it isn't, cos Dan didn't mention it on the site, but I'm curious about where those came from.
They may not be denoting print numbers on these. I just looked at my "first print" copy that I got at SDCC the day they came out, and it doesn't say "first print" anywhere on it.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:28 PM   #14
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
They may not be denoting print numbers on these. I just looked at my "first print" copy that I got at SDCC the day they came out, and it doesn't say "first print" anywhere on it.
So, does it mean that they could have had a "second" print on the way when they ran out of the first one?

Also, I've heard about a hardcover of those. Do any of you guys have it?
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:17 PM   #15
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oculus Orbus View Post
So, does it mean that they could have had a "second" print on the way when they ran out of the first one?
I suppose it is possible, but without a print denotation you would never know the difference. Unless they actually changed something in the book. But somehow I doubt they would go through the trouble what with Mirage being in a ramp down mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oculus Orbus View Post
Also, I've heard about a hardcover of those. Do any of you guys have it?
There is no hard cover of this particular collected book. You may be thinking of this book which came in both a hard cover and soft cover version:

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/books/hardcover.htm

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/books/volone1988.htm

Both of those books are significantly more expensive than the 2009 collected.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:00 PM   #16
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/books/hardcover.htm

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/books/volone1988.htm

Both of those books are significantly more expensive than the 2009 collected.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ninja-Turtles-TM...item1c0f2c41df

This kinda pissed me off, can't believe I missed it.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:22 AM   #17
DK2
Stone Warrior
 
DK2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 621
This isn't a second print. They can't do one even if they could 'cause of the franchise sale. I wrote to Dan asking where these came from. It was from the initial print run that got lost as you'll see in my email I posted.
>
>> I saw the news bit on the site about the extra copies available for
>> the TMNT Collected Book 1 '09 printing. How did you guys get more?
>

> A warehousing error. We told Brenner to send us the remaining copies
> of the books in the fall of last year - but our rep there was fired
> right at that time, so the books were never sent and that fact got
> lost in the shuffle. So we thought the copies we had warehoused in
> Massachusetts were all that were left and then we found out a few
> weeks ago that there are still a bunch in storage at the printer.
>
>> You guys didn't print anymore right?
>
> Right.
>
>> Thats one of those stipulations from the franchise sale, no trades
>> to be printed.>


> Correct - which guarantees that these are the actual first (and only)
> printings of that edition. Mirage isn't going to risk a major lawsuit
> just to print a few more copies of a trade paperback.
>
> Cheers!
> Dan
DK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:31 AM   #18
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
well that puts that to bed. Thanks DK.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:40 AM   #19
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Thank you everyone, that's perfectly clear now!

As for the hardcover thing, Archon, I knew about those you showed (and seen them go for crazy money on eBay), but I've probably been misinformed about the 2009 Book.

Thanks a lot!
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:39 AM   #20
prescribeddrone
Foot Soldier
 
prescribeddrone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 115
I hope copies last for another 3-4 days. Must get to the bank....
prescribeddrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.