The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 03:27 PM   #41
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher Classic View Post
But the teeth! Those pointy teeth!

Anyway, have the Utroms ever been referenced as even having a gender, outside of this case?

And no points for the "incident involving the Utrom ambassador's wife." (FF)
Eh...they may be like worms, which are hermaphroditic in nature.

Someone should ask Peter Laird

Never seen a female Triceraton either.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]

Last edited by ***First of Two Latin Kings***; 03-11-2010 at 03:41 PM.
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:37 PM   #42
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku_CJJ View Post
Eh...they may be like worms, which are hermaphroditic in nature.

Someone should ask Peter Laird

Never seen a female Triceraton either.
It's possible they're like Pratchett's Dwarves, and have no sexual dimorphism. Both sexes look like one gender.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #43
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher Classic View Post
But the teeth! Those pointy teeth!

Anyway, have the Utroms ever been referenced as even having a gender, outside of this case?

And no points for the "incident involving the Utrom ambassador's wife." (FF)
I seem to remember an Utrom conversation in vol 4, one saying that he misses his partner and kids, and the other saying that he doesn't blame him, he's seen holovids of his family. Just had a quick look to see what issue its in, but alas, I can't find it.
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #44
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Hijacking my topic again since I read #14 today. I like how Leo was such a dick toward the cyborg and seemed irrespective on the well-being of Don by exclaiming they should leave it there to die. Everyone expects Raph to be the badass to hide his emotions through anger and passion but that's simply untrue. In this issue Leo was playing the badass who really mourned his brother but felt he couldn't be bothered by any display of outward emotion since he's the leader. To show such would be a sign of weakness.

And Raph officially taking up the mantle of the Shredder and heading up the Foot Clan is more awesome than I imagined it would be. I had always wanted to see how this aspect of the story played out and so far it's better than I imagined! The part where Tony's guy knew it wasn't Saki behind the mask was cool since no one seemed to care who it was, not even Tony, all they knew was the fookin' Shredder was back!

I felt the truce between the Foot and the Mafia was a little hollow since Raph simply promised to kill Tony if he attempted to grab Shadow again, but then again there were massive casualties to both sides so it did benefit both sides.

Don being trapped in the astral plane is certainly interesting since he was always the one who had the hardest time accepting a spiritual natue and always wanted a reasonable explanation for things. And him being the demon "terrorizing" Bat-Splinter was something I didn't expect, to be honest. I didn't want to spoil it for myself with the how of Don's surviving and Splinter's cure (well, I do know Splinter's cure, but I digress).

I'll never understand why the true version of the Turtles (ie. comics) isn't more popular...
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:31 PM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I'll never understand why the true version of the Turtles (ie. comics) isn't more popular...
A lot of people simply don't read comics.

I am a huge Batman fan, but I don't actually read the Batman comics. I read summaries online so I can keep up with what's going on in the Batman comics, but I don't actually own them and read through them myself. I simply don't have time or money to buy 1,000+ Batman comics to see what's going on.

Even though Mirage TMNT is only like....150 comics, (its probably less than that if you ignore the non-canon issues) its still not something an average fan is going to go after.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:12 AM   #46
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by discordiatookie View Post
I seem to remember an Utrom conversation in vol 4, one saying that he misses his partner and kids, and the other saying that he doesn't blame him, he's seen holovids of his family. Just had a quick look to see what issue its in, but alas, I can't find it.
That's in Volume 1, Issue 4 when the Turtles break into the TCRI building to find out more about their origin and ultimately find Splinter.

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/four/pg27.htm
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #47
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
That's in Volume 1, Issue 4 when the Turtles break into the TCRI building to find out more about their origin and ultimately find Splinter.

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/four/pg27.htm
Ha! For some reason I had it in my head that it happened in vol 4 - either in the jungle or around the time of April's operation / bomb going off. I were way off there...
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:24 AM   #48
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
I moved em to the "Mirage 'Volume 3' (cont)" era on the list. I think they work better there from a narrative stand-point, too, rather than immediately after Berger's "Leatherhead Trilogy". Otherwise, the Turtles kinda went a reaallly long time without seeing Leatherhead.

But yeah, the final placement does sorta depend on how the Image conclusion plays out, I guess.
Actually, Razorback from "Sometimes They Come Back" came outta those stories and Raph recognizes him there.

So they have to be before Image. Feasibly, those two stories could take place right after "To Serve and Protect", but i'll let you decide.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:33 AM   #49
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Actually, Razorback from "Sometimes They Come Back" came outta those stories and Raph recognizes him there.

So they have to be before Image. Feasibly, those two stories could take place right after "To Serve and Protect", but i'll let you decide.
D'oh! How could I forget about that!?

Hmmm... Now that DOES make a problem. Because now it HAS to take place before Image Volume 3, meaning there's no way around Leo completely forgetting about the adventure.

I moved them back to their original placement for now. Tristan actually put "World's Deadliest" there in the first place, which is why I was reluctant to move it the first time (figured he'd know best of all where his own stories belong).


I guess its just one of those things that can't be No-Prized.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #50
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,191
Well if it went after "Serve and Protect" then Leo would be more likely to lump all that in with the gang wars.

Weak, but it's all I got lol.

I guess you could run it by Tristan again and see if he can come up with anything new.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 03-15-2010 at 09:51 AM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:52 PM   #51
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
D'oh! How could I forget about that!?

Hmmm... Now that DOES make a problem. Because now it HAS to take place before Image Volume 3, meaning there's no way around Leo completely forgetting about the adventure.

I moved them back to their original placement for now. Tristan actually put "World's Deadliest" there in the first place, which is why I was reluctant to move it the first time (figured he'd know best of all where his own stories belong).


I guess its just one of those things that can't be No-Prized.
Where are you getting the bit with Leo's memory from, out of curiosity, is it in reference to the Image stuff?

I'd always seen World's Deadliest as coming early on in the piece. LONG before the gang wars. Razorback didn't have the bio-tech going on then.
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:24 PM   #52
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
Where are you getting the bit with Leo's memory from, out of curiosity, is it in reference to the Image stuff?
Yeah. In Image #17 he's talking to himself while running through the sewers "blah blah blah, last time we saw Leatherhead, Dan Berger blew a transmat device in his face, I think he's pissed".
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:06 PM   #53
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Just read 17 tonight, and I commend Gary's writing yet again because for the first time ever I found myself disliking Leo. He was such a dickhead toward Mike regarding his writing! It seemed like Leo was facing the fact that he basically no longer had a group to lead anymore and didn't want to accept that. I'm glad he learned some humility on the last page, heh.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:20 PM   #54
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
Where are you getting the bit with Leo's memory from, out of curiosity, is it in reference to the Image stuff?
It was an earlier discussion. Obviously he didn't "forget" the Tales issues with Leatherhead because they hadn't been written yet. As I said, simply "no-prizing" it.


We were talking about, if Image Volume 3 were reinserted into Mirage continuity, how it would create a continuity error since Leo's last memory of Leatherhead was TMNT #45, not any of the Tales issues that took place afterward but before Volume 3.

So yeah, the best "no prize" anyone could come up with was, "Well, I guess he just forgot about those adventures..."
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:09 AM   #55
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Perhaps the mind**** the Turtles experienced at the end of Volume 2 created a minor lapse in the recollection of memories. Leo didn't recall what exactly happened with Braunze until some time after.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:14 PM   #56
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Just read #18! Boy, Leo sure must have been on an adrenaline rush to be so casual about his new stump by the end of the book, then again he may have been too busy berating Casey for the reward money to pay attention lol!

Where did the MIB come from? They just descend on Don out of nowhere it seemed.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:40 PM   #57
turkishproverb
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Muppet labs...HELP!
Posts: 756
You know, it just occurred to me that Dr. X in V3 could help explain the move of the Utroms in V 4.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Sakai. Making a deal with Saki has COMPLETELY different implications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
But me, Grimlock, love Raphael! He cool, but rude!

I suspected.
turkishproverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:08 PM   #58
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Nvm, I found out.

Last edited by Venom; 04-25-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:09 PM   #59
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
You know, it just occurred to me that Dr. X in V3 could help explain the move of the Utroms in V 4.
You been readin' the Image conclusion scripts?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:44 PM   #60
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,191
Ooooh, anymore hints laying around?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.