The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 12:41 AM   #41
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
PL'd also nitpick the part where it says, "Turtles pull with all there strength" and tell them to correct, "there," with "their."
They made that same spelling mistake TWICE. OH, THE AGONY!! >_<
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:30 AM   #42
TobTurn
Foot Soldier
 
TobTurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 153
Okay, they need Peter Laird or Eastman on this. Seriously. Or just bring a decent writer of serious movies/shows (Action or adventure, NOT comedy).

To me, this looks pretty lame.
'WE DID IT!'?! - No, stop.

Like someone else said earlier, it really does sound like the 4Kids mini-series. Without the corrections Laird made.

Stockman looks pathetic, and I really get the feeling they're gonna make him white. But we can't tell at the moment, obviously.

The way they defeat Stockman is the exact same way the '03 Turtles defeated him in Return to New York part 3. (He came back immediately after that, btw. I'd say: make this new Stockman badder-ass than the '03 one, but according to these storyboards, they're not gonna do that at all).
Can't they think of something original?

The dialogues disappoint me, and the grammar isn't that good either. I suck at grammar, but I could easily point it out in these storyboards. Their and there. Really?

It's also really cliché, how Mike comes running to the other turtles wanting to tell them about Stockman's weapon but then gets interrupted by that exact thing. Again, can't they think of something original?
We've seen that joke soooo many times, I'm extremely tired of it. And I'm probably not the only one.

I'd prefer the Turtles calling Splinter actually 'Splinter' or maybe even 'Father'.
Not 'Sensei'. They're supposed to be family.

They should change this: 'Like sensei said: Don't fight the machine, fight the guy inside the machine.'

To this: 'Like Splinter said: Don't fight the machine, fight the guy inside it.' (IMO this flows a lot better).

And if it's meant to be symbolic or with a deeper meaning, maybe:

'Like Splinter said: Don't fight the mask, fight/reach the person behind the mask.'

This means if someone acts like something he's not to defend himself or out of fear or something, reach out to the person he really is. And then the turtles interpret this as 'fighting the guy in the machine.' (My English-skills are not fully developed, nor will they ever be, so these dialogues may sound a bit weird in English.)

'And one thing we know about bad guys...' > 'And if there's one thing we know about bad guys...'

When the missile attacks, they just go lay on the ground. Would be cooler if they actually dodge and jump away, like ninja.

Some dialogue by Baxter would be really neat when he's searching for the Turtles. He could be saying they should show themselves, and calling them 'mutant FREAKS!' or something.
Just offending them would be good.
Or something like 'Come out, come out, wherever you're hiding! I want to PLAY!'

When he makes the angry face, he could threaten the Turtles, and saying they won't be able to hide forever or that they will never defeat him. That would make the sneak-attack a lot better.

I wanna see dialogue by Stockman when he gets attacked, hopefully that'll be there. Also dialogue by the Turtles while defeating Stockman.

As I made clear before: 'We did it!' is really lame.
Also it doesn't make sense. Stockman isn't defeated, is he? He just fell. They could make the StockmanPod break it's legs, though. But just falling shouldn't defeat him.
Then again, these are just storyboards. Nothing detailed, I'm just talking about what I can see RIGHT NOW.


I'm disappointed. They're gonna have to make A LOT of changes to make me satisfied.

Last edited by TobTurn; 06-27-2011 at 03:39 AM.
TobTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:45 AM   #43
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
You people are SO hard to please. I really didn't expect to be practically the only one holding my judgment for the ACTUAL SHOW.

& as far as simplicity goes, need I remind you this program is being made with children in mind?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:30 AM   #44
TobTurn
Foot Soldier
 
TobTurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
You people are SO hard to please. I really didn't expect to be practically the only one holding my judgment for the ACTUAL SHOW.

& as far as simplicity goes, need I remind you this program is being made with children in mind?
Children are really not that stupid people think they are. ATLA was made with kids in mind, and that became a huge succes. And that show is NOT simplistic. It really does have deeper meanings, and a LOT of children can point those out.

Here in The Netherlands we have a show called 'Huis Anubis', which other countries bought from us. In the UK it's called 'The House of Anubis', I believe. It's pretty dark (In The Netherlands that is, in the UK not so much) and not simplistic at all. And still, children get it and love it.

It's being made for children, not idiots that don't understand anything.
TobTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:07 AM   #45
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
*head esplode*
Can I retire from the fan base? Please?

I mean seriously can we wait until a fully animated, recorded episode is released before we decide that this isn't worth our time? Do we have to take a colossal dump on unfinished work?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 06-27-2011 at 05:00 AM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:35 AM   #46
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
same sentiment here, jester....)

don't forget that these are just storyboards and we don't have any information on how accurate they are on this stage of the PROCESS yet...
another thing is:the things you, tobturn, suggest baxter to say while he is looking for the turtles seem so old to me, too that I just have to laugh, man....I mean common, that ain't original either, amigo!!!...

actually I don'T want to take part in any of this conversation, I just felt very sympathetic to jester here...
so, go on, forget about my stuff...
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:35 AM   #47
TobTurn
Foot Soldier
 
TobTurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
*head esplode*
Can I retire from the fan base? Please?

I mean seriously can we wait until a fully animated, recorded episode is released before we decide that this isn't worth out time? Do we have to take a colossal dump on unfinished work?
Most people here just give their opinion about the storyboards and what we've seen already, what's wrong with that? I'm not saying the finished product will be awful. No one is saying that, as no one knows.
TobTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:57 AM   #48
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
^ Calm down guys.... Its just a stoyboard...... Jester, please dont leave the Forum !!! We need you!

Im so happy and excited to see first work coming!!!

Storyboard:
Storyboard or graphical script is a set of illustrations shown in sequence with the aim of serving as GUIDE to understand a history, to PREVISUALIZE an animation or to follow the structure of a film BEFORE being realised or filming themselves. Storyboard is essentially a great series of emblems that order the narration of the facts of a film. It is used like PREVIOUS PLANNING to the shooting of scenes and sequences; in him one determines the type of frame and the angle of view that is going away to use. It as guide serves the director; however, he can detach and segment his shooting without strictly following the order logical of the plot.

[Mod Edit: Links removed by request of the original uploader.]

WE DID IT!!!!

I it!!
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:50 AM   #49
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
I saw the storyboards. I just want to say that I'm excited! I did see the grammatical errors, but I knew what was supposed to be written. Also, these are storyboards. These can change anytime. The turtles look great, Baxter looks great, but I'm still waiting for Splinter and Shredder! Also I really don't have a problem with Leo saying, "We did it!" I have a feeling this is not the end of the story. Somehow, Baxter is going to come out of that robot with a weapon in hand, and Raph is going to say, "You were saying, Fearless Leader?" Then that's when the turtles take out their weapons to fight the evil scientist. If some things are taken from previous TMNT incarnations, I can't say that's unoriginal. I say it's cool because it's TMNT, and we are familiar with whatever is used. Still, I would have loved to see the storyboards for the show when the turltes are using their weapons. They didn't even use them here. I'm just hoping it's not like the original movies where they throw pizza or cold cuts at the bad guys. Hopefully, this generation likes to see characters use some sort of weapons. Kids shows have changed today, especially since the 2k3 series will be on Nicktoons.

I'm having hope that this show will be a mix of the OT and the 2k3 series: Some silly comedy, with serious action and adventure.

Also, how can I meet this storyboard artist? I have a lot of questions I'd like to ask him.

After looking at this, I must say, it is not the Donnie Show. It's just one scene. Besides, Leo had a big role in this layout. I wanted more Mikey and Raph, though. Still, I can't wait!
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:05 AM   #50
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Baxter's suit kinda looks like a mouser, in a way.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:41 AM   #51
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
damn people are really hard on this new cartoon. be happy we are even getting one and they are just story boards. they are also on my site just in case the links ever go bad for whatever reason.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:34 AM   #52
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I hope someone saved them, because it looks like they've been yanked!
Huh, I kinda figured it was too good to be true! Yeah, I go ahead and download those things at first opportunity.

Sadly, though, I guess this means we probably won't be seeing anymore TMNT uploads by Andres Alvarez anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
*head esplode*
Can I retire from the fan base? Please?

I mean seriously can we wait until a fully animated, recorded episode is released before we decide that this isn't worth our time? Do we have to take a colossal dump on unfinished work?
H8terz gonna hate! Come to think of it... that would make a good name for a villainous gang in the new TMNT cartoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
lmao. Some good points. Stockman looks like a great, Volume 2 inspired design, The story for this episode hasn't won me over yet.
Remember that this was just a "pilot" which means it may not ever become an actual episode. IIR, the fans who saw this said that this was just a test run to get a feel for the characters.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 06-27-2011 at 08:47 AM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:49 AM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
They made that same spelling mistake TWICE. OH, THE AGONY!! >_<
I guess the Nick storyboard artists can't spell.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #54
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 737
I love that some people are tearing apart the grammar and dialogue on these storyboards. Having done storyboards in the past, that's exactly what they are - storyboards. Dialogue will be scripted and may or may not match what's on the boards.

I think the boards look fine. Also, the show seems to be evolving a lot more of the "wacky" aspect that I was afraid it wouldn't have. I was an early naysayer on this whole project and had no intention of following it, but I have to admit the more I see, the more I like it.
cartoonistaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:59 AM   #55
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
I know that you guys saw this a couple of days ago, but I was offline and so...I'm just now catching up.

Having said that, I now decree that all Mondays should start with turtle storyboards. That...was damn entertaining. I too laughed at the Mikey bit.

Well done, people! I can't wait to see the finished product!
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:30 AM   #56
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
First storyboard I have seen and already they've got Mike running around like a goof
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:18 AM   #57
Oniri
Foot Soldier
 
Oniri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 151
I enjoyed the storyboard and Mikey's bit was funny.

The one thing I will say to folks who aren't satisfied right now (which a lot of folks have said already), it's a storyboard and an unedited one as far as I can see. As someone who was an intern who had to scan, rescan and tweaked storyboards, I can second cartoonistaaron's comment.

These things get changed, added on and cut a ridiculous amount of times. Storyboard artists, the director and the production department (and whoever else I am forgetting) will probably fuddle with this in one day more than they'll change their underwear in one week (assuming they change their underwear every night. I don't know, I'm rather cleanly).
__________________

Check out my fanart! http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=31376
Oniri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #58
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower View Post
damn people are really hard on this new cartoon. be happy we are even getting one
I really hate this statement. So just because we're getting a crappy cartoon I should be happy there's even one at all? I would sooner be happy if we had none at all than to have this. I would be happy if the whole thing were scrapped; redesign the turtles, redone in traditional animation; not CGI, and no lame dialogue cheers of "We did it!" I'm reminded of Dora the Explorer with that line. Should we cue the dance?
__________________


Last edited by Leonardo Mystic; 06-27-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #59
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mystic View Post
I really hate this statement. So just because we're getting a crappy cartoon I should be happy there's even one at all? I would sooner be happy if we had none at all than to have this. I would be happy if the whole thing were scrapped; redesign the turtles, redone in traditional animation; not CGI, and no lame dialogue cheers of "We did it!" I'm reminded of Dora the Explorer with that line. Should we cue the dance?
I was just thinking the same thing about the "We did it!" line. However, I'll disagree with you about the animation. CGI makes certain things look realistic. The turtles look amazing. I don't want this show scrapped. I did not like the TMNT in traditional animation as much as I liked them in CGI form. So I have some hope in this project.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #60
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mystic View Post
I really hate this statement. So just because we're getting a crappy cartoon I should be happy there's even one at all? I would sooner be happy if we had none at all than to have this. I would be happy if the whole thing were scrapped; redesign the turtles, redone in traditional animation; not CGI, and no lame dialogue cheers of "We did it!" I'm reminded of Dora the Explorer with that line. Should we cue the dance?
You are soooooo tired.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.