The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 06:23 PM   #41
Iroh
Stone Warrior
 
Iroh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 546
So, what are your thoughts on the weapons change for Don and Mike? I believe Don is going to be more lethal due to having a Yari. Mike on the other hand will be more of a long distance attacker instead of the close range attacker he is now with the nunchaku. To use the kusari-gama effectively, you will need some space between you and your opponent in order to protect yourself by swinging the chain around. The kama part is only used for close quarter combat in order to get out of sticky situations. So, I believe Mike's combat techniques will change dramatically.
Iroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #42
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Well they still have a bo & chuck, we'll see how that works.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #43
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
I hope the new blades do make a difference. They will probably won't use them to slash human foes but perhaps on some inanimate objects; similar to the way Leo used is katana in 2k3.
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:01 PM   #44
Iroh
Stone Warrior
 
Iroh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
I hope the new blades do make a difference. They will probably won't use them to slash human foes but perhaps on some inanimate objects; similar to the way Leo used is katana in 2k3.
Yeah. Don or Mike will probably use their weapon to either hang or nail someone to the wall while fighting. Mike will be caught swinging over large gaps between buildings also.
Iroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:27 PM   #45
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Well they still have a bo & chuck, we'll see how that works.
I'm glad you noticed that, Powder. Mikey and Don look like they have their traditional weapons, but blade attachments to use for slicing. I'm guessing that's what I've seen.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #46
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
I'm glad you noticed that, Powder. Mikey and Don look like they have their traditional weapons, but blade attachments to use for slicing. I'm guessing that's what I've seen.
You sir, are correct! I'm very interested to see how often they switch between them, if they really do at all.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #47
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl212 View Post
NYCC never gets anything kool like that !!
Neca did TMNT NYCC exclusives two years in a row if memory serves... And The Mirage artists usually had exclusive prints whenever they went...so I wouldn't say never...
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:44 AM   #48
The Moose
Random Punk
 
The Moose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 19
Hi everybody,

I'll definitely be there at Comic Con this year and was really looking forward to being at the events surrounding the Turtles. Is there any way possible that I could get two tickets for the Mutation in Progress event. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would have responded about it sooner, but I just found out.

Thanks,
Tim
The Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:58 AM   #49
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moose View Post
Hi everybody,

I'll definitely be there at Comic Con this year and was really looking forward to being at the events surrounding the Turtles. Is there any way possible that I could get two tickets for the Mutation in Progress event. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would have responded about it sooner, but I just found out.

Thanks,
Tim
Sorry Tim, I'm pretty sure this goes for everyone here that had tickets to give...We had to submit our guest lists last Wednesday.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:00 AM   #50
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Might be able to get one on site still, though....right Steph?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:02 AM   #51
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Might be able to get one on site still, though....right Steph?
yup. Or I think you might still be able to win them from @TMNTMaster on twitter. Don't quote me on that.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #52
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
yup. Or I think you might still be able to win them from @TMNTMaster on twitter. Don't quote me on that.
I'm curious to see what might happen
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #53
Scanderson
Hench Mutant
 
Scanderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 304
I was fortunate enough to secure two tickets to the SDCC TMNT Preview event for my daughter and me. This will be a highlight of my 5 days at Comic Con, for sure!
Scanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #54
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanderson View Post
I was fortunate enough to secure two tickets to the SDCC TMNT Preview event for my daughter and me. This will be a highlight of my 5 days at Comic Con, for sure!
How old is your daughter? I've been told you have to be 13 to attend, which is very disagreeable to me. I'm trying to get confirmation otherwise.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #55
Scanderson
Hench Mutant
 
Scanderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
How old is your daughter? I've been told you have to be 13 to attend, which is very disagreeable to me. I'm trying to get confirmation otherwise.
I am learning the same thing and checking into it. That would really be too bad. My daughter is 12.
Scanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:43 PM   #56
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanderson View Post
I am learning the same thing and checking into it. That would really be too bad. My daughter is 12.
From what I can tell, the 13 thing just has to do with "collecting information," so I don't know why that would keep someone under 13 from attending. I should have confirmation sometime tomorrow. Arg.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:45 PM   #57
Scanderson
Hench Mutant
 
Scanderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
From what I can tell, the 13 thing just has to do with "collecting information," so I don't know why that would keep someone under 13 from attending. I should have confirmation sometime tomorrow. Arg.
Fingers crossed!
Scanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:49 PM   #58
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'm attending but they better be plying me with alcohol if it's going to be a cartoon/toy bonanza.

God dammit.
I suggest you bring some hard licqour....
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:16 PM   #59
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
So, anyone gonna give us live updates from this tomorrow?
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:54 PM   #60
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Depends on what I'm allowed to share and if I'm allowed to take pictures or video. I only have so many hands!
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.