The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2011, 06:14 AM   #41
Hermano Dyvas
Hench Mutant
 
Hermano Dyvas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermano Dyvas View Post
I'm sorry to ask, but who's Lin?
Any one know?
Hermano Dyvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:02 AM   #42
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermano Dyvas View Post
Any one know?
She was one of the leaders of the Shredder loyalist's from Tristan's "Gang Wars Saga".
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:49 AM   #43
Hermano Dyvas
Hench Mutant
 
Hermano Dyvas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
She was one of the leaders of the Shredder loyalist's from Tristan's "Gang Wars Saga".
Now I remember, I had forgotten her name, thanks!
Hermano Dyvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #44
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist
 
Mr._Mutant_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hob View Post
Tristan he must not have known you were doing it. Or at least that's the only thing I could think.
Yeah, I didn't know who was writing it, I only knew that IDW was including the TMNT in Infestation, but that makes me even more excited for it.

I really dug Tristan's Tales comics, and it's good to see that IDW is looking to past TMNT writers, I think that shows a certain commitment to the fandom that they aren't ignoring creators from TMNT's past.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:06 PM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
I guess in every universe Baxter will always have his Mouser robots, even if they technically didn't need to do this plotline again this time around.

I wonder if they'll get more than a one shot appearance.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:25 PM   #46
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I guess in every universe Baxter will always have his Mouser robots, even if they technically didn't need to do this plotline again this time around.

I wonder if they'll get more than a one shot appearance.
Stockman's hunting Splinter. What better time is there to bring in rat-hunting robots?
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:13 PM   #47
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I guess in every universe Baxter will always have his Mouser robots, even if they technically didn't need to do this plotline again this time around.
It would seem weird if Baxter didn't have Mousers in some form.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:44 PM   #48
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I guess in every universe Baxter will always have his Mouser robots, even if they technically didn't need to do this plotline again this time around.

I wonder if they'll get more than a one shot appearance.
There is a strong hint to their appearance on Dan Duncan's cover of #6 and they are shown outright on his cover of #8, so that's at least 2 appearances.

I also hope that Baxter will continue to refine his mousers and robotics, so that he's not just a one-trick pony. Perhaps move from miniature swarming robots to larger one-on-one robots like those seen in City At War or Volume 2. Those almost looked like giant mousers, anyway! Of course, there is the danger of redundancy in which Baxter just keeps bringing new robots and the whole routine gets old, so hopefully there would be a balanced approach to it... I already like that this iteration of Baxter not only dabbles in robotics, but various other scientific pursuits at StockGen.

Last edited by Matches Malone; 12-18-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:08 PM   #49
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It would seem weird if Baxter didn't have Mousers in some form.
I agree. The two are inseparable, at least in my opinion. I love those mousers. V.1 #2 really made them strikingly badass. As a kid watching the OT I thought they were no big deal, then I read the comics as was like..."oh wow, the Turtles could have been chomped alive by robots..." Pretty gruesome, and a formidable threat.

What's different than V.1 #2 mousers I wonder? It seems that these mousers can fire something judging from the cover, but I wonder what else...
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:23 PM   #50
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,396
I was wondering if IDW was going to do something offbeat with them... maybe making Baxter's "Mousers" into microscopic nanites or nanobots that terminate rats from the inside out or something.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #51
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I was wondering if IDW was going to do something offbeat with them... maybe making Baxter's "Mousers" into microscopic nanites or nanobots that terminate rats from the inside out or something.
That's a pretty cool idea.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #52
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
while I cherrish new alternative ways to entertain the audience I highly hope they avoid ANYTHING with nanotechnology this time around...man, I feel this technology is being done to death in the turtles universe with the nanomonster(which I liked) or the nanobots of lord dregg in the ot or the shredders nano robots in the ot before that....there was even a tales issue with them, right?...I am in awe of the possibillities that lie ahead with research on nanotechnology in real life but I just can't stand this thing all over again
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
So I am not getting how all these other TMNT villain cameos will exist in Infestation. Is it like a whole glimpse into alternate universes or something? Or is it IDW's take on the characters appearing for one or two panels?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #54
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I am not getting how all these other TMNT villain cameos will exist in Infestation. Is it like a whole glimpse into alternate universes or something? Or is it IDW's take on the characters appearing for one or two panels?
It's a multiversal spanning event; cameos are bound to happen and not mean a thing in the long run except that other universes exist.

Heck, there could even be a cameo to the Mirage universe.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:44 AM   #55
TobTurn
Foot Soldier
 
TobTurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 153
A Bishop-cameo? That's awesome! I'm hoping for characters from the OT too. And a certain other character.
TobTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:27 AM   #56
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior
 
Metropoliskid41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tundra
Posts: 886
I'm really excited for Infestation, really can't wait to see what surprises and cameos we have pop up if they open the multi-dimensial can of worms.
__________________
-------------------
Metropoliskid41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:37 AM   #57
Grimlock
Hench Mutant
 
Grimlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Behind you
Posts: 393
Has the Eastman variant been revealed yet for this issue?
__________________
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:09 AM   #58
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Do you guys think one of the Turtles, or Splinter perhaps, will be injured? The blurb says not everyone will leave safely...I bet Splinter is captured like in Mirage #3...it would be a good intro to Krang's "base" or whatever. The Turtles gotta storm it to save him. Maybe?

I don't think one of the Turtles are going to be injured just yet, they were just reunited and to take one of them out of the game so early on would really hinder the team aspect too quickly.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #59
Abnormal Freak
Stone Warrior
 
Abnormal Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 779
If Duncan continues to draw as well as he does on the #8 cover and improve further, he may become one of my favorite Turtles artists. Definite promise and a huge step up from the previous stuff he's done.
__________________
Abnormal Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:30 AM   #60
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost
 
Plasticplayhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 2,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermano Dyvas View Post
Is it just me or does Duncan's style seem to get better with each issue. The cover with the mousers looks great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
His faces and shells (the plastrons, namely) have improved considerably.
Yes his style has improved by HUGE leaps and bounds compared to the first 4 issues. I am starting to see what Kevin has apparently been seeing all along. No more ugly turtles!
__________________
Want to see more of my custom figures?
http://plasticplayhouse.deviantart.com/
Plasticplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
infestation


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.