The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #41
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEOTMNT View Post
Horrible gamer was to cure i think because he called it frustrating or something which, if your a fan of it there was nothing frustrating about it.
Like Stryker said, you can be a fan of something and still call out its shortcomings. Thinking that just because I like Batman I should drool over the Arkham cities is stupid, how do you not see that? How is walking around in detective mode not frustrating? How is walking super slowly in a sewer or ice not frustrating? How is crawling through a vent every ten minutes NOT FRUSTRATING?
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #42
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
You just don't get Batman.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #43
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
My favorite Batman comic is The Killing Vent.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #44
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
I love that one issue that's entirely blue and orange.
__________________

Last edited by Cure; 01-21-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #45
Turo602
The King of Kings
 
Turo602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 2,931
I've actually thought about an Arkham style game for the TMNT. It fits really well because both franchises are very similar. They both use stealth and they both fight using martial arts. As for the open world idea, the turtles do have vehicles but it's overall pointless to use in a game. And TMNT should just stay away from being a sandbox all together. They need detailed levels with clever level design as seen in both the Arkham games and Splinter Cell Conviction.
__________________
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #46
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,429
I know it'll never happen, but an Arkham City-style TMNT game set in the Mirage TMNT universe would be pretty awesome. Imagine it's set against some kind of Martial Law declared on Manhattan as the Foot Clan is in the midst of a massive free-for-all war with a new faction, perhaps a Chinese Triad... the Turtles in the middle of it all, strategically taking out the power players from each faction while traversing the city (above and below).
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #47
Raph'N'Roll
Hench Mutant
 
Raph'N'Roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 313
Sounds good Andrew, a large section of the city including docks is completely closed off, TV news helicopters flying overhead, if you get caught in their spot lights while roof jumping you'll hear a news report mentioning strange creatures being spotted.
Raph'N'Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #48
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,429
At different points you run into various "bosses." i.e., in the sewers, you have to take out (or down) a crazed Leatherhead to access a certain route through the sewers to get to another part of the city above, or a Cyborg Baxter and his mousers have set up a compound in a building and have set up forcefields that need to be taken out, maybe Savanti is raising all the dead in a cemetery, and so forth, so on until you fight your way to the head of the Chinese Triad, kill him... but then it turns out the real mastermind behind it all is a newly resurrected Oroku Saki at the end, ready and waiting to kick your ass one last time.

Maybe you start the game as Leonardo, and after you beat the game, you can unlock the other brothers. Or they can be interchangeable at certain points in the city/the sewer. Or maybe you just pick one to play and the other 3 back you up as NPCs.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #49
Raph'N'Roll
Hench Mutant
 
Raph'N'Roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 313
Would really like to see what you've described, and it's already been said earlier, all you need are the right passionate people with enough faith and backing from their publisher to let them go all out without restrictions, ie being tied to the nick toon, then it might happen.
But it'll never happen lol, unfortunately.

The closest thing is probably Manhattan Missions for the PC, which for it's day was a decent game.
Raph'N'Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #50
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Sounds like a great original idea except for the part where it's exactly like Arkham City.

Prince of persia movement combined with a decent combat system. I'm telling you.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #51
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist
 
I Crave Pizza No More's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Sounds like a great original idea except for the part where it's exactly like Arkham City.

Prince of persia movement combined with a decent combat system. I'm telling you.
I think that he was trying to show how a TMNT game might successfully use the Arkham City model.

It's clear that you don't like the Batman games, and certainly you're entitled to that opinion, but millions of other people DO like them. I am one of them, and I know next to nothing about Batman. I used to watch the Animated Series in the mid 90s, but that's it. I'm not a Batman fan, but the games are good enough to draw me in.

My problem with the 2K7 movie game was that it seemed absolutely pointless, just running from point A to B, occasionally getting in lame fights and collecting emblems. The whole thing just seemed weak; it tried to capture the magic of a game that came out 20 years earlier but was unsuccessful.

I have no problem with a good button mashing brawler like the old arcade game, or even the 2K3 Konami games. But given the choice between an Arkham City-like treatment of the TMNT or another mindless adventure, I'll take the former.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:43 PM   #52
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,429
Alternately, yeah, a Prince of Persia-type TMNT game wouldn't be awful. Or a Ninja Gaiden (the new ones, not the old NES ones) sort of game, too... I could see that working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
My problem with the 2K7 movie game was that it seemed absolutely pointless, just running from point A to B, occasionally getting in lame fights and collecting emblems. The whole thing just seemed weak
In other words, exactly like the 2K7 movie. A faithful adaptation, then.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #53
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist
 
I Crave Pizza No More's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
In other words, exactly like the 2K7 movie. A faithful adaptation, then.
Haha, maybe. I don't think the movie was bad, but I wanted something better from the TMNT. I blame Laird, who was by then uninspired and seemingly irritated by the familiarity of certain TMNT characters/storylines.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:42 PM   #54
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Just thinking --- what do you think would really keep a projecting like this from taking off the ground? Do you think Nick simply wouldn't allow a video game of this darkness/based so much on the Mirage comics?
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:29 AM   #55
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist
 
Shreddhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Just thinking --- what do you think would really keep a projecting like this from taking off the ground? Do you think Nick simply wouldn't allow a video game of this darkness/based so much on the Mirage comics?
I cant say im very knowledgeable in this , but i would guess that they would see it as an issue of lack of projected sales. I cant imagine that the Mirage fanbase makes up too much of the current video game sales demographics. I think Nick believes its a lot easier to make a game for a younger/new audience because they could sell more copies.
__________________

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:29 PM   #56
LEOTMNT
Thug
 
LEOTMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: upstate
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
I've actually thought about an Arkham style game for the TMNT. It fits really well because both franchises are very similar. They both use stealth and they both fight using martial arts. As for the open world idea, the turtles do have vehicles but it's overall pointless to use in a game. And TMNT should just stay away from being a sandbox all together. They need detailed levels with clever level design as seen in both the Arkham games and Splinter Cell Conviction.
Yeah i believe im beginning to become more aware of some of the drawbacks of a sandbox. Probably wouldn't want to incorporate vehicles either, no. but god id love to fly the turtle blimp around a city haha. At the same time something in a splinter cell environment would be more than satisfying as well! or i believe it was "Kappa" that said tenchu? but that would be great too! Perhaps there wouldn't be enough to sustain a completely open environment for TMNT but i think the levels would have to be made so that multiple approaches can be taken to move forward.

If it was to be set in a open sort of world i wouldn't expect it to be flooded with people on the streets either. perhaps alleys play the dominate location for on street brawls, along with roof tops, particular buildings, and sewer locations. well i suppose any location would be dependent upon which series follows the main line but perhaps they could be interchangeable as seen in the "turtles forever" film. almost like how "Assassins Creed" has venice and florence, you could go to differnet TMNT universes with unique locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I know it'll never happen, but an Arkham City-style TMNT game set in the Mirage TMNT universe would be pretty awesome. Imagine it's set against some kind of Martial Law declared on Manhattan as the Foot Clan is in the midst of a massive free-for-all war with a new faction, perhaps a Chinese Triad... the Turtles in the middle of it all, strategically taking out the power players from each faction while traversing the city (above and below).
This would definitely be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
At different points you run into various "bosses." i.e., in the sewers, you have to take out (or down) a crazed Leatherhead to access a certain route through the sewers to get to another part of the city above, or a Cyborg Baxter and his mousers have set up a compound in a building and have set up forcefields that need to be taken out, maybe Savanti is raising all the dead in a cemetery, and so forth, so on until you fight your way to the head of the Chinese Triad, kill him... but then it turns out the real mastermind behind it all is a newly resurrected Oroku Saki at the end, ready and waiting to kick your ass one last time.
Soo sick yeah that would be awesome on all accounts! perhaps they could flesh out some of the story arcs from the comics and such into missions as well. one of my favorite comics that id love to see incorporated was #45 idr which volume possibly 2-3? but it's with Leatherhead the art was done by Dan Berger but id imagine the thing to do is just take some of the better story arcs and flesh out a mission out of it them. and yes i hate to say it... but perhaps that wouldn't thrive best in a open world but if it was on a larger scale than just pick a level at the menu it just feels more immersive.

if i just wasnt to scale some rooftops all day take awesome screenshots and fights crime and encounter familiar villains, itd be a blast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
... Or maybe you just pick one to play and the other 3 back you up as NPCs.
I think this would be soo awesome but probably a pain to pull off, if not all three NPC's all the time maybe just for a few instances? and perhaps arcs where you can just have one other brother with you as the other two consequently are taking care of other problems. maybe you could run into Raph patrolling the neighborhoods if your not playing as him or what have you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph'N'Roll View Post
The closest thing is probably Manhattan Missions for the PC, which for it's day was a decent game.
i don't think i'm familiar with this game, is there a way to get it still?


Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
I think that he was trying to show how a TMNT game might successfully use the Arkham City model.
Yes thats what i meant, my apologies for improper wording i didn't think people would read it that literal. And i wouldnt even expect it to be exactly the same, there doesn't need to be detective mode or Batman specific game play. clearly i'd want my Turtles to be unique!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
My problem with the 2K7 movie game was that it seemed absolutely pointless, just running from point A to B, occasionally getting in lame fights and collecting emblems. The whole thing just seemed weak; it tried to capture the magic of a game that came out 20 years earlier but was unsuccessful.
So very true, and sad. but i actually believe stryker mentioned polishing it up and if they did and didnt rush it, i think even that could have been an awesome turtles game. Smash up is cool and fun for a bit yeah but i just think we didn't need them wasting time and money on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
I have no problem with a good button mashing brawler like the old arcade game, or even the 2K3 Konami games. But given the choice between an Arkham City-like treatment of the TMNT or another mindless adventure, I'll take the former.
i was just playing Turtles in Time last night, nothing wrong at all with them! but yes that was exactly my point, i love the turtles and i would much rather play something i can waste time and explore around in to some extent than just being thrown in a single level with a possibly rigid structure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddhead View Post
I cant say im very knowledgeable in this , but i would guess that they would see it as an issue of lack of projected sales. I cant imagine that the Mirage fanbase makes up too much of the current video game sales demographics. I think Nick believes its a lot easier to make a game for a younger/new audience because they could sell more copies.
so sad
__________________
T-U-R-T-L-E POWER
LEOTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #57
Hermano Dyvas
Hench Mutant
 
Hermano Dyvas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Also this is a video game thing and I reaaaaallllly hate the "open-world = Good game" sentiment that people have adopted.
I agree with this statement but you're just plain wrong in saying it didn't work for Arkham City. Best new game I played in ages. Game of the year easily.
Hermano Dyvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #58
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermano Dyvas View Post
I agree with this statement but you're just plain wrong in saying it didn't work for Arkham City. Best new game I played in ages. Game of the year easily.
Play Skyrim, Saints Row or Gears 3 please.

Arkham City wasn't even the best game to come out that month. Let's not get crazy here.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #59
TMNT-Leonardo
Hench Mutant
 
TMNT-Leonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Earth
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Play Skyrim, Saints Row or Gears 3 please.

Arkham City wasn't even the best game to come out that month. Let's not get crazy here.
It was the best reviewed game of 2011 averaging in the 9 out of 10 range of reviews. By all means, the game was extremely well received and got relatively little negative feedback. Nothing can change those facts.
__________________
Turtle Power!
TMNT-Leonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:15 PM   #60
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Play Skyrim, Saints Row or Gears 3 please.

Arkham City wasn't even the best game to come out that month. Let's not get crazy here.
I didn't even like the first Gears but I like both of the Arkham games. Going off of that, maybe some people like some things and other people like other things. I know; weird, right?

Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.