The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 09:18 AM   #41
Mona_Lisa
Stone Warrior
 
Mona_Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph_tha_Dude View Post
He did. I just had to be a smartass for someone.
He was asking for it,Lol!!!!


I'm really excited about the Nick. Turtles! I sort of wish April was older, but its not a real big deal to me.
I don't mind at all that Donatello has a crush on april. As others have said, In the first three movies they all had a crush on her.... I mean, they are GUYS and this was the first girl they'd ever talked to!!!! It makes since they would have a crush on her.
__________________
Mona_Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #42
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
There's the Terror Bears

I'd love to see them appear in the new TMNT show
Terror Bears d be a good reference or cross over.

i can see mikey d go " can we keep them can we keep them?" n hug his fav terror bear to sleep.

raph n casey d get a load of cool punch bags for themselves too. it d be so funny to c big guys like raph n casey horsing around with violent bears.

don d be busying studying bear samples that got beaten n teared apart by raph n casey.

i like it when casey joins the turtles to do this n that together with them coz its like they got 1 more bro. a human version of raph around.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #43
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Batman Begins is dark and high profile. Hell, compared to the 1960s TV show, Tim Burton's Batman was dark and high profile. High profile meaning widely marketed, widely seen and widely respected in its time.

I think the way to pull that off with TMNT is probably to make a movie that takes more or less the tone of the Mirage comics, and introduces the Technodrome, Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang. That way, the general public will get the elements they expect, in a context that introduces to them the tone of the original comic. I've heard lots of people say of the first movie "yeah, it was cool, but I wanted to see the Technodrome". So I'd say the smartest thing is to deliver that chocolate, with a nice creamy center of emotional realism and well done violence.
Couldn't agree more. I've been saying the same thing since 2005. I never focused on the technodrome being included, but heck, why not?
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #44
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Yep, actual college books used as animators' curriculum in the Art Institutes. I don't know the titles to either of them (I'm a video photographer, not an animator), but each book used one of the respective cartoons as reference throughout the entire thing.
Wow, that's really cool. Someone should get some pages up on this site; I'd love to see them.

I totally believe it though. B:TAS was groundbreaking on several levels, and certain episodes of the 4Kids Turtles had amazing fight choreography and weight.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #45
thelouisguy
Hench Mutant
 
thelouisguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montréal
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Turtle View Post
but not that dark...?
The Turtles should be dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
You have a way with words, heh.

But yes there is a decent parallel.

Mirage Comics : Batman/Detective Comics
Fred Wolf Cartoon : Adam West Show
Archie Adventures Comics : Silver Age Batman Comics
Live Action Triology : First 3 Movies
Next Mutation : Batman & Robin (movie)
4kids Cartoon : Batman TAS
Fast Forward : Batman Beyond
Nickelodeon Cartoon : Brave & The Bold/Beware The Batman
IDW Comics : New 52 Comics

It gets a little muddled beyond that, I guess the 07 movie could kinda be the equivalent to "The Batman".
Great parallel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Still hoping Turtles can get a "Batman Begins" trilogy.
Yes!
thelouisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #46
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona_Lisa View Post
I don't mind at all that Donatello has a crush on april. As others have said, In the first three movies they all had a crush on her.... I mean, they are GUYS and this was the first girl they'd ever talked to!!!! It makes since they would have a crush on her.
They're not warm blooded, mammal, human guys. They're turtles. Turtles lay eggs, and don't have the instinct and biological imperative of getting attracted to humans. To say that it makes sense for them to be attracted to a human seems a bit of a stretch to me. It's Nickelodeon's property (they bought it, fair and square), and they can do whatever they want with it (even if it goes against the ground rules Peter Laird laid down for the 2k3 show and 2k7 movie), but I wouldn't go so far as to say it makes sense. Then again, it wouldn't be the first example of interspecies attraction. Fred Wolf had a thing between Mikey and a Neutrino from Dimension X, and I don't remember the details, but I think Archie had some kind of romance between Raphael and Ninjara (who was some kind of anthropomorphic fox). Maybe the mutagen contains humanoid (or in some cases neutrinoid or vulpinoid) hormones.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #47
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I know this video is all about Batman, but the way Bob describes the 90's Bat-fanboys and their view of Batman, struck me as something someone could pull a parallel from concerning the TMNT:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...visited-Part-4
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #48
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
TMNT Movie 1 = Batman 1989

Ninja Turtles reboot = Batman Begins
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #49
thelouisguy
Hench Mutant
 
thelouisguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montréal
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
TMNT Movie 1 = Batman 1989

Ninja Turtles reboot = Batman Begins
One can only hope.
thelouisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #50
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelouisguy View Post
The Turtles should be dark.


Great parallel.


Yes!
i agree the turtles r dark but not that dark coz they got each other, their bros. batman's alone.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #51
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Turtle View Post
i agree the turtles r dark but not that dark coz they got each other, their bros. batman's alone.
Yup Batman is totally alone with his Butler Alfred Pennyworth, Dick Grayson, Tim Drake, Damian Wayne, Barbara Gordon, Stephanie Brown, Ace. Justice League, Outsiders, Batman Inc.

So alone, brooding alone... Yeah.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #52
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
friends, even best buddies are different frm bros you grow up with. one day u got ur own bros u ill understand.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #53
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Turtle View Post
friends, even best buddies are different frm bros you grow up with. one day u got ur own bros u ill understand.
how about sons?

Damian Wayne is Bruce's son. Also most of the Robins are either wards or adopted.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #54
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
but that's different frm bros. u dont hav bros u wont understand wut im saying. one day u got ur own bros u ill understand.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:18 PM   #55
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
How can you "got ur own bros"? As you said, you grow up with "bros"....you can't acquire them as adults.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #56
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
u can get ur own bros by asking some frm ur parents or colon urself.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #57
Genesis
Stone Warrior
 
Genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Maybe the mutagen contains humanoid hormones.
Actually... I have a rather extensive hypothesis about that. Most people accept that the formation of the ooze was all just a big mistake, from the Utroms crash-landing on Earth to the accidental exposure of an unknown mixture of discarded chemicals to a series of irradiated waves. However, I feel that there may have been ulterior motives behind the Utroms' earlier, crude experiments.

The ooze seems to do little more than make organisms larger and (usually) bipedal. It might be possible that prior to the technology of the Utroms' exosuits being available (let's forget for a moment that they had no problem making them in 2k3's feudal Japan), the Utroms had interest in making themselves more humanlike in appearance. It's some interesting speculation to say that maybe there were some Utroms who didn't expect to make the transmat to get off the Earth and instead conducted experiments to make themselves - in essence - human.

For all we know, the ooze could have been developed (accidentally or otherwise) by just studying humans, and the radiation was as accidental as is generally considered canon.

There's one other thing that the ooze does, though. It rapidly enhances the intelligence of its subjects (Tokka and Rahzar notwithstanding). It might be that the ooze was considered (by some presumably impatient Utroms) for use on indigenous humans to potentially help them develop the technology the Utroms needed for the transmat's development more quickly.

In either case, assuming all my assumptions are at all valid, one can assume that the leaders of the stranded Utroms forbade its use for anything but a swift disposal, and we all know the story from there.

Last edited by Genesis; 07-18-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:57 AM   #58
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Actually... I have a rather extensive hypothesis about that. Most people accept that the formation of the ooze was all just a big mistake, from the Utroms crash-landing on Earth to the accidental exposure of an unknown mixture of discarded chemicals to a series of irradiated waves. However, I feel that there may have been ulterior motives behind the Utroms' earlier, crude experiments.

The ooze seems to do little more than make organisms larger and (usually) bipedal. It might be possible that prior to the technology of the Utroms' exosuits being available (let's forget for a moment that they had no problem making them in 2k3's feudal Japan), the Utroms had interest in making themselves more humanlike in appearance. It's some interesting speculation to say that maybe there were some Utroms who didn't expect to make the transmat to get off the Earth and instead conducted experiments to make themselves - in essence - human.

For all we know, the ooze could have been developed (accidentally or otherwise) by just studying humans, and the radiation was as accidental as is generally considered canon.

There's one other thing that the ooze does, though. It rapidly enhances the intelligence of its subjects (Tokka and Rahzar notwithstanding). It might be that the ooze was considered (by some presumably impatient Utroms) for use on indigenous humans to potentially help them develop the technology the Utroms needed for the transmat's development more quickly.

In either case, assuming all my assumptions are at all valid, one can assume that the leaders of the stranded Utroms forbade its use for anything but a swift disposal, and we all know the story from there.
That's an interesting take on it. However, my observation was around the idea of turtles being attracted to mammals, which I don't remember happening in the Mirage comics and 4Kids series, which are the only places where I remember the mutagen explicitly having anything to do with the Utrom. I don't know what the explanation for the mutagen will be in the Nickelodeon series, though (the Utrom hasn't been announced, though the Kraang has, which might just be an Utrom splinter group - no pun intended - for all I know). I wasn't talking about the Utrom-made mutagen. I was talking about the mutagen from the Fred Wolf/Archie universe(s), the TGRI ooze from the live-action movies, and whatever ooze they've got in the upcoming Nickelodeon version.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:42 AM   #59
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Turtle View Post
but that's different frm bros. u dont hav bros u wont understand wut im saying. one day u got ur own bros u ill understand.
I have two brothers and a sister, I think I know of family ties and bonds
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:55 AM   #60
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I have two brothers and a sister, I think I know of family ties and bonds
Furthermore, having "bros" has nothing to do with a story being dark. Four brothers running around killing their enemies isn't automatically less dark than one guy running around trying not to kill his enemies.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fred wolf series, mirage


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.