The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which do we save first, the world or the English language?
AHH! That is a BIG COCKROACH!! 11 17.46%
He Has a SAW?! THE COCKROACH HAS A SAW! 14 22.22%
Smells like a butt sandwich... 12 19.05%
Kraang is on the diet known as gluten free. Kraang has already lost thirteen Kraang units... 26 41.27%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #41
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Personally, this was my least favorite episode so far. It wasn't a good follow-up to TCRI at all.
I'd rate it similarly to 'turtle temper' -- though maybe slightly better.

I don't have anything against raph-centric episodes (growing up he was always my favorite turtle), but so far they aren't ranking very well for me. I'm interested in rewatching it another time or two, but I don't predict it being a staple amongst my frequently watched episodes. I will say that the last few minutes where Raph decides to overcome his phobia was pretty awesome.

Note to nick: when using raph as a centerpiece for an episode, can we please have him doing more than trying to overcome some weakness? First it was his temper/anger (in 'turtle temper') and here it was a fear of cocroaches. All the other brothers seem to have more developed personalities than this.

Anyway. 8 more episodes in season 1 which is quite a lot. I absolutely love these 26 episode seasons!

Last edited by Zulithe; 03-15-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #42
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
this episode might have had nothing to do with the plot

but it was FUNNY!!! XD
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #43
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I gotta say this is definitely my least-favorite episode. I didn't care at all for the roach mutant, and we still haven't gotten any new information on the Kraang.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #44
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I actually REALLY liked this episode. For me, it's high up on the list, and I'm not even really a Raph fan. In fact, in most universes, I end up liking him least (or tying with Mikey for last place). I just thought it was hilarious, and Chong is/was a badass mutant, haha. Lots of action, no breaks in the fun.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,794
The roach mutant (Chong? Scumbug?) itself was fine. Its just nothing really happened besides a big fight.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #46
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
it was nice to see Raph being the vulnerable one for a change :3

I'm starting to think Mikey's his favorite brother >:T
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #47
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite
 
Lethal Lullaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,816
This episode was fun. I liked the cockroach better as Donnie's pet. (it was kinda cuter) Poor Raphy.
Lethal Lullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #48
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
Wasn't feeling this one. Probably would have enjoyed this more if I didn't wait two weeks for it... Looking at another 2 week wait. Oh well, I'm not gonna dwell on it.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #49
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,794
This episode didn't really have many jokes compared to the past few. Only a few lines amused me.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #50
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Wasn't feeling this one. Probably would have enjoyed this more if I didn't wait two weeks for it... Looking at another 2 week wait. Oh well, I'm not gonna dwell on it.
plz say thats not happening again
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #51
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I did like the fact that they were eating something other than pizza for a change. As a guy who's addicted to Ramen noodles, I thought it was a nice touch.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #52
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar Yuffie View Post
It was okay.

I'm a bit bummed out Don never told me how he got the Shellraiser working again, and the cockroach is gross.
I really want to know how he pulled that off as well.. Especially since we saw the pink lines that signaled the power cell energy running through the vehicle.
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #53
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
I saw it again! XD it was funnier the second time!
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #54
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior
 
TheJ-manTurtleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 646
True, this episode didn't do much plot wise, but it was SO funny!!
It felt very much like a OT episode, and so many Terminator references!!
__________________
Hey Man! It's The J-Man!

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #55
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,794
Wasn't really too much like an OT episode. That show would have spent more time doing like two subplots at once rather than just fight a mutant all episode.

Really goes to show you how times have changed. Reminds me how in current superhero cartoons most of it is spent on fight scenes yet you go back and watch B:TAS and the fight scenes are brief and there's more emphasis on the story.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #56
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Wasn't really too much like an OT episode. That show would have spent more time doing like two subplots at once rather than just fight a mutant all episode.

Really goes to show you how times have changed. Reminds me how in current superhero cartoons most of it is spent on fight scenes yet you go back and watch B:TAS and the fight scenes are brief and there's more emphasis on the story.
but that happens in this TMNT too..... it's just this episode was action-packed based on the terminator reference. "it came from the depths" didn't have alot of fighting in it for example
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #57
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,794
I wonder why the mutagen gives some mutants the ability to talk and others not. I thought it had to be because they were human prior, but that doesn't work because:

- The Turtles can speak and weren't humans prior

- Leatherhead, Pidgeon Pete can speak and weren't humans.


Yet some mutants like Chong here cannot speak.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #58
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I wonder why the mutagen gives some mutants the ability to talk and others not. I thought it had to be because they were human prior, but that doesn't work because:

- The Turtles can speak and weren't humans prior

- Leatherhead, Pidgeon Pete can speak and weren't humans.


Yet some mutants like Chong here cannot speak.
well....Pigeon Pete mutated with human DNA.....Chong mutated with...well machine.... so I'm guessing thats the reason he can't talk.
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #59
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I did like the fact that they were eating something other than pizza for a change. As a guy who's addicted to Ramen noodles, I thought it was a nice touch.
Oh, yeah. I didn't really notice that detail. That's what happens when Leo cooks I guess! He seems to be more in touch with their Japanese heritage so it's only natural that he would cook something like ramen! That and it's dead easy to make (he's probably not that much of a cook :p)
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:18 PM   #60
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I did like the fact that they were eating something other than pizza for a change. As a guy who's addicted to Ramen noodles, I thought it was a nice touch.
I literally groaned aloud when I saw the ramen. I haven't been eating anything but that for a bloody fortnight. Last thing I wanted to see was ramen again.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.