The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 05:56 PM   #41
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Uh, no. They better be two American street punks. One is black and the other is white.
.............Why does it matter?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:07 PM   #42
Huzzah
Mad Scientist
 
Huzzah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Independence, Louisiana
Posts: 1,124
^ Political correctness
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:10 PM   #43
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
^ Political correctness
No I meant that they absolutely have to be black and white according to cubed'.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:22 PM   #44
Jeff
Stone Warrior
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: I heard the sewers in Connecticut are nice.
Posts: 579
i've said this in the flaming carrot thread, but i dont see any characters that viacom doesnt own appearing in this series.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:33 PM   #45
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior
 
zaktheneutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
If Usagi appears, that'll be awesome. I've always liked him, so I think that'll be great. I don't mind Bebop and Rocksteady coming back, though I think it would be cool to make them Purple Dragon members instead of Shredder's henchmen.

And, Cubed, I think Stan's more concerned with his wife's illness so he has enough to think about right now.
I'd like that too if they were Purple Dragons! Their gang in the OT, before they mutated, was based on the Purple Dragons so I'd say it's not a farfetched idea.
__________________
"We strike hard and fade away.....into the night."

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:56 PM   #46
Sewer Sirens Podcast
Hench Mutant
 
Sewer Sirens Podcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: America
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
What if Bebop's Mohawk is magenta instead of purple.


THE HORROR!
Hahahaha, that's hilarious.

Anyway, if that TMNT fan site guy cooked up the Usagi 'fact' for fun or site hits (which all evidence points to), that is really...really disappointing. I've commented on his site, asking where he got this so called fact, and am waiting for an answer. But if anyone would know if Usagi's in the show, it's Stan Sakai.
__________________
Grady
Sewer Sirens Podcast

[email protected]

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens

Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast

Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com

Last edited by Sewer Sirens Podcast; 03-20-2014 at 08:20 AM.
Sewer Sirens Podcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:09 AM   #47
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I'm disappointed that Usagi isn't appearing and that this guy got his so called "facts" wrong.

And I don't give a sh*t what color the mohawk is. As long as they're in the show, it's all good to me.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:37 AM   #48
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,796
Since this is proven false this thread should be locked.

We already knew about rocksteady and bebop anyway.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:02 PM   #49
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist
 
shredder orokusaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,518
There was no reason for this thread to be created. Bebop and Rocksteady were already confirmed and people posted about then on official season 2 thread.
__________________
I AM THE SHREDDER!!!!!
shredder orokusaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #50
Warboss74
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 230
Stan Sakai said Usagi wasn't going to appear in the Nick show at a panel at a recent con in Baltimore. (I think kt was in January because thdy had copies of the Usagi Yojimbo tribute book available) The video is up on YouTube.

Mr. Sakai is still doing Usagi, but he put the book on hiatus to do 47 Ronin. He's got a five part Usagi mini-series titled Senso that's coming out over the summer before returning to the main Usagi book.
Warboss74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:31 PM   #51
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Uh, no. They better be two American street punks. One is black and the other is white.
What if they're both black? They could be two mutated Africans, and the markings are from their clan/tribe.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:01 PM   #52
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
What if they're both black? They could be two mutated Africans, and the markings are from their clan/tribe.
No, I like it that Rocksteady was white and Bebop was black. Back in the 80's it showed that white and black people can be friends. I realize that's not a big deal now though.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:06 PM   #53
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
No, I like it that Rocksteady was white and Bebop was black. Back in the 80's it showed that white and black people can be friends. I realize that's not a big deal now though.
BUT MUH eighties
__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:43 AM   #54
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,117
Okay, now that we know that Usagi isn't confirmed, where else does it say that R&B are confirmed? Because if there is no official source, I refuse to believe it.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:54 AM   #55
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
I think Usagi deserves his own series, What they should do is bring him into an episode of the Nick series, And then create a spinoff series with Usagi Yojimbo.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:14 AM   #56
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
where else does it say that R&B are confirmed? Because if there is no official source, I refuse to believe it.
R&B gets Action figures released in the Nickelodeon toy line, as reported from the UK Toy fair thread.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:23 AM   #57
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
R&B gets Action figures released in the Nickelodeon toy line, as reported from the UK Toy fair thread.
Plus that one dude found them in his work computer a long, long time ago as figures. We found out about Rahzar, Robotic Foot Soldier, the LARP Turtles, Biotroid, and a whole heck of a lot more before we even knew they were showing up in-show.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:27 AM   #58
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
R&B gets Action figures released in the Nickelodeon toy line, as reported from the UK Toy fair thread.
Those are rereleases of the toy line based on the 80s toon. I need a link or a picture of some sort.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:10 AM   #59
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Those are rereleases of the toy line based on the 80s toon. I need a link or a picture of some sort.
No they're not.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:32 AM   #60
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Those are rereleases of the toy line based on the 80s toon. I need a link or a picture of some sort.
No they're not.

I've seen the new Nick Bebop & Rocksteady, mock-ups were on display at UK Toy Fair. I know I'm not an official source, but you'll have to take my word for it.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.