The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2015, 06:03 PM   #41
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Let's steer back on topic then. How I think it will end? Here's the possible scenarios imo:


1) It won't end. They leave it open ended, April won't choose anyone and leave it ambiguous. It's up to us how to interpret it however we want. So Capritello is going on till the end of time..
2) April chooses Donnie. Sure Casey's gonna be crushed but he'll get over it. There's many other girls for him at school.
3) April chooses Casey. This might destroy Donnie once and for all, but like any teenage crush, he'll get over it in time.. maybe. It's not like he knows other human girls, and it's not like there's other mutant girls around. Unless Mona Lisa suddenly pops in or something. Or Venus (God forbid).
4) April chooses neither. She's had enough and rather set off into the sunset with Karai.


Hmm.. I pretty much go with option 1 or 2 at this point.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:13 PM   #42
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Why are you guys speculating about two underage teenagers having sex? April and Casey are 16 in this show, why on earth would you think two 16 year olds would have sex?

Um, because 16-year-olds DO??!! And Casey's 18. Hmm, I suspect a Romeo&Juliet law going into effect here....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
.........You serious...?

SH*t, look who I'm askin'. I MUST be loopy.

I know, right?! I LOL'ed so hard I almost choked!


Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Hoho! It's funny because because most people start having sex around 16!

Yup. That's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Because, uh... Eh, just look up the statistics.

Seriously, this was sarcasm right?

Now the show will go real modern and have them end up teen parents with a squirming Kraang baby.

I love that idea. Let's go with that!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Thanks for the mental image, Indigo - now I'm imagining a birth scene similar to something out of Prometheus. That puts the "uck" in YUCK.

Funny, I was thinking more like that scene in MIB where J delivers the alien baby.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I can't imagine the childbirth with April popping out a tentacle monster out of her vagina..

Well, there's our tentacle-porn trope ref....
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:15 PM   #43
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
There's many other girls for him at school.
No there aren't, they're all Kraangerized, half Kraang April may be the nearest thing to a normal human girl he will now know in that city.

Or...
5) She chooses neither and someday picks some other guy post-show in the future.
6) She chooses neither and remains single, since straight and single is also an option.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:32 PM   #44
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
I'm in favor of the choosing Karai option, myself. Which will shock absolutely nobody here, I know.

But there's no way they'll do that, cuz, y'know... kid's show. And with that in mind, I really don't see them being brave enough to canonize a mutant/human relationship, so I think Donnie's out of luck.

Gargoyles did it, but I never got the impression that a lot of kiddies watched Gargoyles (correct me if I'm wrong... I always felt that the fandom was predominantly teens and adults). TMNT would be a different ball of wax.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:14 PM   #45
aliena
Hench Mutant
 
aliena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
... did they do the nasty?

Or we're just looking too deep into this. [pfft deep. Get it? Haha.. I'll shut up now xD]

Ah, we're forgetting Splinter is also there in that small pizzeria shop, so it's not really possible for anything of the sort to happen, right? He can even listen to the tiniest noise, so..
I was thinking along the lines of a kiss or maybe he tries to kiss her and she shoves him away and blurts out she wants Donnie, but sex is okay too since that seemed to be what Casey had in mind.

I'm beginning to think another option might be in play, the dreaded off screen romance where they show us nothing, but it happens and they briefly talk about it and then they are a couple before it drops off the face of the Earth. Not cool writer dudes, not cool.

You guys totally make my days so much brighter.
aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:38 PM   #46
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
Actually, 'teens having sex' isn't as common as it's assumed to be. I read somewhere that it's about 50% or more that are still virgins at 17, so unless somebody lives in an especially promiscuous area, most of those teens will be more focused on grades and surviving school then they are on getting laid. Plus most moms and dads would have their heads if they got knocked up\ knocked up somebody, so there is also that.

Seriously, 'most teens are sexually active' is a myth that needs to die. It's only the 'tee hee, I lost my virginity at age 15 because I think it makes me kewl!' folks that are sorely invested in that notion.

Anyway, I think April's going to go with Donnie. It's the way they seemed to be leading, so if they throw a curveball and have a Casey x April, I will be sorely surprised.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:42 PM   #47
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
To be fair, if you're a guy it DOES make you cool. It's actually literally the ONLY thing that makes you "cool", at least to every other guy in school.

I don't make the rules, I just report 'em.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:47 PM   #48
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Seriously, 'most teens are sexually active' is a myth that needs to die. It's only the 'tee hee, I lost my virginity at age 15 because I think it makes me kewl!' folks that are sorely invested in that notion.
This is a map of teens who have had sex with each other at a midwestern school. This is just one school. It's not a myth.

__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:49 PM   #49
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
If that was my high school you'd need a whole other set of colored dots just for the teachers who were nailing the students.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 08:23 PM   #50
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan
 
DarkFell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 2,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Now the show will go real modern and have them end up teen parents with a squirming Kraang baby.

Why not..let's have it be shown!
Knowing Nickelodeon, they wouldn't show that and even if that was a deleted scene, it wouldn't make it past the cutting room floor...
__________________
Quote:
“In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two are a law firm, and three or more are a congress.”

~ John Adams

Last edited by DarkFell; 02-01-2015 at 08:29 PM.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:54 PM   #51
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
^^^ Sort of like that half-alien Maggie baby from one of the Simpson's Tree House of Horror episodes. That would be cool, but I know it ain't gonna happen
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:59 PM   #52
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan
 
DarkFell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 2,008
Heck I remember that episode. Funniest part was when they went on Jerry Springer.
Sorry if I fumbled up your thread some more.

--Oh god I could watch this GIF forever..--
__________________
Quote:
“In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two are a law firm, and three or more are a congress.”

~ John Adams

Last edited by DarkFell; 02-01-2015 at 11:17 PM.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 04:59 AM   #53
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
So CyberCubed's misinformed ideas about teen sex aside, Casey and April totally had sex. Obviously they won't outright state it on the show but the hints are there, two teenagers out in the middle of nowhere for months with their roommates constantly going off on their own adventures for hours to days, of course they're having sex! It's arguably what Donnie is worried about every time they're left alone!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:19 AM   #54
Amaranthus
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: West-Flanders, Belgium
Posts: 1,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Um, because 16-year-olds DO??!!
I don't.
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM   #55
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
And I didn't. And knew a bunch of others that didn't either. It's far more common then people suppose.

Anyhoo, I'm strongly betting April and Casey didn't, likely because she doesn't want that complication and also because she probably doesn't want to risk getting pregnant and passing along her hybrid 'condition' to the next generation.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:59 AM   #56
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior
 
Tarris Vaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Cullompton, Devon
Posts: 505
I have to say it would be kind of surprising - though I can see there might be the possibility of it, I dont think it would have escaped everyone else's attention the way they are acting around each other would have changed for that long .

I think that look is more to do with boosting Casey's side of the will they/won't they triangle than anything concrete. Its just posturing to throw off the viewers
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:03 AM   #57
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
And I didn't. And knew a bunch of others that didn't either. It's far more common then people suppose.

Anyhoo, I'm strongly betting April and Casey didn't, likely because she doesn't want that complication and also because she probably doesn't want to risk getting pregnant and passing along her hybrid 'condition' to the next generation.
What, they don't have condoms in Northampton?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:08 AM   #58
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior
 
Tarris Vaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Cullompton, Devon
Posts: 505
Quote:
What, they don't have condoms in Northampton?
Even if they did, would you trust Casey Jones?


edit...

that might be a little harsh - but given that the local store was run by a guy who hadnt slept in years and wasnt even expecting people to come to the store... well I cant imagine that'd help either

ANYWAY....

I honestly think that the only thing the new episode did was even up the odds a little. We've had a lot of Donnie/April moments recently, implying the relationship - if it ever was going to happen - was aiming in that direction. That look between her and Casey has just thrown a spanner in the works and returned it to an open question.

Lets face it, the honest answer to the threads question is Who knows?

Last edited by Tarris Vaal; 02-02-2015 at 10:14 AM.
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:49 AM   #59
RandomtasticFantasy
Random Punk
 
RandomtasticFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarris Vaal View Post
Even if they did, would you trust Casey Jones?


edit...

that might be a little harsh - but given that the local store was run by a guy who hadnt slept in years and wasnt even expecting people to come to the store... well I cant imagine that'd help either

ANYWAY....

I honestly think that the only thing the new episode did was even up the odds a little. We've had a lot of Donnie/April moments recently, implying the relationship - if it ever was going to happen - was aiming in that direction. That look between her and Casey has just thrown a spanner in the works and returned it to an open question.

Lets face it, the honest answer to the threads question is Who knows?
This. Anytime there is any progress in the poorly written slock, they back pedal the heck out of it and make April look indecisive or like she is flat out leading the two of them on.

It always felt like it was Casey, with Donnie being the third wheel. The only reason it has gotten more annoying now, is that when Donnie was willing to back out, April reeled him back in, then there were a lot more legit Don/April moments this season, with her liking Casey being flat out ignored or shot down. Which was jarring, considering season two pushed April and Casey to the point the love triangle seemed one sided from Donnie's end.

At this point, I just want it to end because the writers are horrible at writing it, to the point I would cringe if it was a Donnie-centric episode because it was bound to be more love triangle/April obsession episode. It arguably became the core trait of his character, which is horrible. They have thankfully toned it down so far this season, with Leo pulling Donnie to focus on more important things and I hope it stays that way.

I do believe, however, that they are going to pull a Friends and drag it out all the way to end of the series, constantly pulling B.S. along the way to keep it going.
__________________
Under construction.
RandomtasticFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:28 PM   #60
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
At this moment April likes both boys as close friends and she is confused about who she loves more.

In Northampton she could freely express her feelings for Donnie because there was no one around Casey and the other Turtles.

However now that they are back in the city she knows having a relationship with Casey would be considered more proper by her father and the rest of the city.

For example when Donnie was trying to confess his feelings to her during the invasion. April cut him off because one saying such things was like he was giving up in a 'well since we're going to die anyway, I might as well let you know how I feel about you.' And two her father was in the room and he was already wound up as it is with the invasion. We don't know how he would react to having a mutant turtle expressing his feelings for his daughter, but odds are he would not be happy about it.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.