![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 294
|
How will the love triangle be resolved?
I know a lot of fans are getting tired of the whole love triangle thing going on and on, and would love for it to do something at this point. So I'm wondering what everyone thinks will happen to conclude the April/Donnie/Casey love story. There are a few ways to go...
April picks Donnie and they attempt to have a relationship, but it falls apart and ends for good. April picks Donnie and they have a relationship until the end of the series, with lots of ups and downs to keep it going. April picks Casey and they attempt to have a relationship and it lasts until the end of the show. Or April doesn't pick either one of them and the writers simply drop it without any explanation. (This is probably what will happen) What do you want to happen to conclude this triangle? I guess I should also ask what the conclusion to Leo and Karai will be as well. Last edited by aliena; 01-31-2015 at 07:43 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
At this point I would prefer that she just settles it with the both of them, picks no one and they both back off. Casey is of course the more likely choice, but after all the past versions I'm kind of bored of the April/Casey pairing.
Donnie doesn't necessarily have to somehow stop having a crush on her, but I wish the show would dial it back to a subtle, small crush that the viewer is aware of but he's not hotly trying to pursue her. Hell, bring a 'Nick original' (human... or hell, half alien like her lol) male character into the picture that she falls for, if she has to fall for anyone. (At least it would be a guy for once who's added as a love interest. lol) I mean, it could work in the long run... generally April and Casey end up together, but doesn't mean it happens now. Maybe she'd finally notice him that way as adults, but not this soon. Now what will the show probably do...? Maybe drag it out until the end and leave the final episode with a love triangle cliffhanger. (And thus many tv sets and other devices were promptly broken.) |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
trash
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
|
I'm also a little tired of April/Casey being the default. Truthfully, I'd prefer that she doesn't choose either of them. Or if she did, have Donnie mature a hell of a lot and then she chooses him later down the track. For now, I'm really sick of the whole thing. Love triangles as a plot device have become so overused in the last few years; it's hella boring.
__________________
![]() Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions). |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
|
I find the crush more amusing when referenced than annoying at this point. The only time I can think of where I did cringe over it was Chinatown Ghost Story, but only at the beginning. The ep as a whole was hilarious.
That aside, they'll probably drag it out and leave the ending ambiguous so that the viewers can decide whom April chooses or doesn't choose, meaning she could choose neither one of them and run off with Hun! lol. That would be a twist. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Annalist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
|
Of any television/film series, I think 2K3 handled romance the best. April and Casey grew from friend-of-a-friend to friend to good friends to lovers. Donny always had a crush on April, but it was subtle and he never really acted on it, yet you could easily see it and understand it.
Now, I will say that 2K3 had the worst (modern) version of Casey Jones, as they portrayed him as a total idiot and klutz. For me, I've never seen anything improve on the Mirage Volume 1 Casey Jones. From psychopath to maturing work-in-progress who finally settles down...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Cullompton, Devon
Posts: 505
|
Given the effort that has gone into it so far, I would expect Donnie / April in some way rather than April / Casey. That said, I would expect it to end either one of two ways;
* Last episode of the series, as the dust is settling from the big climax, April says something to Donnie that pretty much confirms a choice to pursue a relationship with him - followed by an affectionate hug, hand hold or possibly kiss (though I have my doubts on that). It closes the story arc, but so late into the show no one has to write about what happens next. or * Something happens to April just prior to series end. She may or may not confirm that she cares for Donnie, but circumstances have evolved that prevent them ever being together (she becomes a psychic being, is trapped in another dimension, is whisked off to outer space, etc, etc). The viewers get an emotional farewell, but there is no chance of any relationship follow through and the writers dodge the bullet. I can appreciate that a lot of opinion may prefer she choose no one or Casey, but given all the effort in getting the will they/wont they thing this far, I would think that if the show actually did that, it would come across as a real anti climax - why bother leading us on that long if it wasn't going somewhere? |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 157
|
^ I kinda like the second option, if April and Donnie does happen. It's really bittersweet.
But at the moment I can't see April and Donnie happening, especially not after that look she gives Casey in the newest clip. She's been friendly to Donnie, but nothing that was ever as flirty as she's been with Casey at times. I see the love triangle ending the same way it did in the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Quasimodo understands Esmeralda and Pheobus have fallen in love and it breaks his heart. He's sad, but he rises past it, accepts it and gives them his blessing in the end. |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
|
I think the producers have some idea as to where they are wanting the love triangle to go and where to resolve it. But that doesn't mean they aren't going to milk it for as long as possible.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 | |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 294
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
What if, like the character from X-men she's uncannily similar to, Phoenix, she dies tryna save her homies leaving two love struck dudes behind who out of respect to her, resolve their conflict?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: My house
Posts: 266
|
I was honestly expecting a sort of parallel of the Teng Shen love triangle to be brought in at this point. That was the only reason why I liked the idea of Casey coming in and hopefully seeing Donnie's darker side revealed. Now with Casey being the jerk and Donnie being the possible winner, it just seemed like a missed attempt at some real character development.
I also had the idea that if April and Donnie did hook up after they saved her dad and the human race, Kirby would be against April being with him because...well, I'd assume this dude would have had it up to his eyeballs in mutants and aliens at this point.
__________________
"Question: Do you like penicillin on your pizza?" |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 | ||
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
|
Quote:
But if April choose Donnie and we get to see the relationship then I own somebody fanart.
__________________
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#14 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
|
Quote:
So far a good portion of the agression has been coming from Donnie's camp in the triangle. Which could one of the reasons Leo is not letting April come with them while they were going on that vision quest and also while they are scoping the city looking for Karai. Because Donnie wouldn't be able to do the growing and focusing he needs to do if he is worried about April. Or worried about what April and Casey may be doing. Another reason is that he is protecting her because her DNA is needed for the retromutagen. And he has a hard enough time looking after his brothers without having to look after her too. For the triangle thing yes it's easy to assume that Donnie will be Hamato Yoshi's role and Casey Oroku Saki's. But Donnie has had to be diverted from stepping down paths the Shredder has before. So the roles could be reversed and Donnie could be taking the role of the Shredder in this farce. At this point April is still confused about which boy she actually likes as a friend and which one she loves. Given this series habit of referencing and giving nods to other things in popculture. I can see a "Empire Strikes Back" Reference. So for sake of plausablity...Perhaps there is a moment where Donnie surrender himself (to the Foot, to the EPF, to whatever villain)for the sake of his family. April doesn't want this to happen, but their is nothing she can do about it. So as Donnie is being lead away she says the words "I love you." Donnie pauses smiles in her direction and says "I know." Last edited by victory_angel; 01-31-2015 at 11:04 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: College Town, USA
Posts: 157
|
I would much rather see April end up with Donnie than with Casey, at least for now. As fumbling and somewhat inept and over the top as Donnie's efforts have been, he does seem to genuinely like April for just being April. He's awkward as heck, but at least everything that comes out of his mouth isn't innuendo, and he doesn't try to pinch/grope/oggle April. Right now, he's just the overall much more mature option, and I think that he'd be healthier for April than Casey.
I think it'd be cool if they kind of framed their relationship like the did Robin in Starfire's in the Teen Titans movie. Have April and Donnie get together and have a pretty healthy relationship for a while, and then just leave the show like that. Then the fans can decide whether or not they might have stayed together, while at least having everything kind of resolved.
__________________
100% Jellybean and proud!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
|
I don't like the way Donnie is around April.
.......same with Casey but he's less possessive about it. (which isn't saying too much) and if neither get her it would be toward the very end meaning...this love triangle would still be going... so my best solution is to just have Casey and April get together and leave the turtles out of it. Donnie is better off without April.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 | |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 294
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,039
|
Let's just put a bullet in "Apriltello" and dump it in a volcano already, it hasn't really gone anywhere for two seasons and a third. The closest thing to progression is Donnie slowly understanding it's not going happen, only for those baby steps of progression to be undermined rather quickly...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
|
One, two, three,
Not only you and me. Got 180 degrees and I'm caught in between. Countin' one, two, three... Casey, Don and April. Getting down with 3P, everybody loves... UHH*moans*! A unison of a human; a half-mutant, half human; and a mutant turtle. Imagine that. |
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Independence, Louisiana
Posts: 1,124
|
Frankly every time Donnie seems to move on, April screws it up. She's selfish and enjoys the attention from the two. I've never been a Casey/April supporter mostly because it happens because they are the only two humans the Turtles regularly hang with. Heck in the Mirage comics I believed the short lived relationship between Casey and Gabrielle was more believable. I also don't really care for Turtle/Human relations anyway.
The easiest way to fix it all is to just drop the triangle, let both guys just get sick of April's incessant need for attention and both jointly move on. If necessary introduce a female mutant or two. Mona Lisa, the physics student would make a decent match for Donatello of he wanted to move on, that's right I'm not a Raph/Mona supporter, introduce Ninjara for that. |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|