The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2015, 12:53 AM   #41
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Yep. All 3 together. Same with the Shredder Mutants (well...2 together in that case. 4 Armed Clone is AWOL).
I find it ironic in the 4kids line they made the 4-armed Shredder clone and the lobster one....and they skipped/never made the small one.

Yet in the Nick line they make the small one and lobster one...yet skipped the 4-armed one.

Like what the hell? Why does Playmates purposely leave off one of the 3 Shredder clones? I might just buy the small one and put it with my 4kids Shredder clones.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:54 AM   #42
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist
 
shredder orokusaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,518
Do you think that they might use the IDW orign for the triceratons and Fugitoid? Neutrinos are mentioned in the Danger oft he ooze game this means that they are coming to the show.
__________________
I AM THE SHREDDER!!!!!
shredder orokusaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:01 AM   #43
spookycookies
Stone Warrior
 
spookycookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NEPA
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I find it ironic in the 4kids line they made the 4-armed Shredder clone and the lobster one....and they skipped/never made the small one.

Yet in the Nick line they make the small one and lobster one...yet skipped the 4-armed one.

Like what the hell? Why does Playmates purposely leave off one of the 3 Shredder clones? I might just buy the small one and put it with my 4kids Shredder clones.
I can see Shrimp & Crab being a two pack like the rep said, but Goro Shredder being his own figure in a later wave.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:02 AM   #44
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
I can see Shrimp & Crab being a two pack like the rep said, but Goro Shredder being his own figure in a later wave.
This. Shiva-Shredder's too big to pack with another Shredder.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:47 AM   #45
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
We now also have confirmation on Commander Mozar, the Triceraton.
What? Where?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:10 AM   #46
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
What? Where?
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=396&itemid=24238
• Fall release includes: Monkey Brains, Mondo Gecko, Atilla, Savage Mikey, Napoleon Bonafrog, Dark Beaver, Dire Beaver, Dimension X Turtles, Mozar the Triceraton, Mutant Shredders and Fugitoid
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:29 AM   #47
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
We get a Savanti figure, but no Renet?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 07:40 AM   #48
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
We now also have confirmation on Commander Mozar, the Triceraton.
And the news keeps getting better. Too bad we didn't get a look at the toy.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 07:45 AM   #49
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Mozar was mentioned line what? One time in the Mirage books? I'm gonna chalk this up as another 2k3 reference
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:54 AM   #50
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
We get a Savanti figure, but no Renet?
Girls don't sell, remember?
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:00 AM   #51
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Mozar was mentioned line what? One time in the Mirage books? I'm gonna chalk this up as another 2k3 reference
In case he has a robot arm, then it's a 2k3 reference.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:03 AM   #52
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Awesome news. I admit, I didn't like the Turtles in Space arc from the 4Kids series, but I have faith that the Nick team will do a good job with this, so I'm stoked.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:12 AM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Wasn't Mozar the main general Triceraton in the 4kids series? The one with the metal arm who fought the Turtles the most?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:26 AM   #54
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
That will be great if Mozar shows. Finally an end in site to to the overused OT stuff!
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:33 AM   #55
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
Wasn't it said that the Kraang stuff would wrap up this season? (I could be totally off on this)

If so then the TMNT going back to Dimension X, Fugitoid and the Triceratons could be the end of season 3? Leaving Shredder and the Foot to be dealt with in season 4 maybe?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:46 PM   #56
Papenbrook
I'm leaving. Goodbye. :)
 
Papenbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: No comment -_- ...
Posts: 2,754
No. I wanted the show to be more original.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:37 PM   #57
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist
 
shredder orokusaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,518
Μοre original? Βut it is already enough original. It has lot of new characters including Tiger claw Chris Xever Kraang e.t.c It has more original stuff than 2003 and 87 elements. IDW also has Bebop Rocksteady Krang and Hun but this dosent mean that it is not original
__________________
I AM THE SHREDDER!!!!!
shredder orokusaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:44 PM   #58
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Kraken View Post
No. I wanted the show to be more original.
What does that even mean?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:28 PM   #59
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
What does that even mean?
I think he/she means that the show should focus on making original content instead putting mandatory characters and story lines from old TMNT shows,movies, tv and in this case the original comic book.

Now I will admit that I am on the fence when it comes to having complete original content vs re using characters and story lines but making some tweaks and changes.

I mean we really want to have some of those things revisit because they have such iconic moments that stay with us to this very day.

And I would be lying if I said that I wouldn't care if we never get to see fugitoid, Renet, Usagi Yojimbo, Neutrinos, and story lines like The River, Exile to NorthHampton, Return to New York and City at War, because the greatest excitement to have as a fan is to see old ideas turned a new.

There are even times when we want characters and story lines to remain same beat per beat because we, the fans, really liked what was done originally and any thing change will fell often feel unnecessary to us only. I think this reason why episodes like "The Good, Bad, and Casey Jones" and "Invasion part 2" are hold in such high praise because they have scenes that are straight up homages to the movie and Leo micro comic book.

However I think it important to have new content and I think one of the riskiest things to do with establish franchise is to make new content in it and I applaud writers that has the balls to do such as that because making new content can be really intimating if fans cry foul when they having see "character X" yet.

But when those risks pay off, more fuel is add to the mythos and keeps franchise from dying.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 02-15-2015 at 04:23 PM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 07:33 PM   #60
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
I think he/she means that the show should focus on making original content instead putting mandatory characters and story lines from old TMNT shows,movies, tv and in this case the original comic book.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
However I think it important to have new content and I think one of the riskiest things to do with establish franchise is to make new content in it and I applaud writers that has the balls to do such as that because making new content can be really intimating if fans cry foul when they having see "character X" yet.

But when those risks pay off, more fuel is add to the mythos and keeps franchise from dying.
Problem is though is that TMNT has a lot of fans right now demanding straight homages to the OT and certain 'mandatory' plotlines each iteration, making writers afraid to deviate from these which ends up having everything feeling kind of samey. There is a lot of things the Nick show could have done, but people wanted certain characters come hell and high water, and so interesting OCs were shoved into the background (like Xever) to make way for Bebop and Rocksteady. (I'm going to give B and R a chance, but they better be way different then those annoying and moronic guys in the OT.)

People don't want change. They want to see the OT over and over again. They want endless straight cameos of the OT, they want tons of 80's references, and whenever possible, they want Turtles Forever-like wrapping up to a series so they can have the OT cameo some more. I know it sounds like I don't like the OT, I do, but it's starting to lose it's specialness for me by being demanded for by other fans again and again and thus overused so much.

If they can get away from that and be open to not having to see certain characters every time, then we could get so many more new characters and storylines that would expand beyond the comfort zones. Otherwise the writers are being bogged down by this endless demand for more sameness, and it's getting to the point of constricting the series.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
future mirage influence, new characters


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.