The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2019, 04:12 AM   #581
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
I think there's more things then just "show bad", cause Rise isn't a bad show, it's pretty darn good and of what I've seen it seems to be pretty popular among kids and teens.

Instead. Action figures is a dying thing, kids stops with them younger and younger and it's become more of a nostalgia collector thing. Toys r us is dead as well as other large toy store retailers around the globe, and Playmates might be careful not to flood a semi-niche marked with too much stock like they did with some of the 2012 waves and movie figures.

And maybe Playmates is aware that their Rise figures isn't all that great either, so they keep the flow on a minimum, cause those Basic Turtles figures looks pretty awkward.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:23 AM   #582
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior
 
BlueKatana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 652
Yeah, I can’t believe it’s been about six months since I found the Battle Shell wave and no new basic figures since. And people still seem to be having trouble finding that wave.
__________________
You know I got your back...just like a Turtle Shell!
BlueKatana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:54 AM   #583
Browne762
Foot Soldier
 
Browne762's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueKatana View Post
Yeah, I can’t believe it’s been about six months since I found the Battle Shell wave and no new basic figures since. And people still seem to be having trouble finding that wave.

Still have yet to see any Battle Shells in my area. I looks at 6-8 Targets or Walmarts depending on the week.
Browne762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 12:57 PM   #584
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior
 
BlueKatana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browne762 View Post
Still have yet to see any Battle Shells in my area. I looks at 6-8 Targets or Walmarts depending on the week.
That’s terrible.
__________________
You know I got your back...just like a Turtle Shell!
BlueKatana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 01:30 PM   #585
drewizzle88
Stone Warrior
 
drewizzle88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Wow, that's pretty neat. I might move forward with my plan on buying the basics to use their torsos for customizing the BS figures.
A friend of mine picked up battleshell Mikey and his head doesn't fit on the regular torso like Leo's did. Wanted to share before you bought them all.
__________________
drewizzle88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 05:45 PM   #586
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Thanks for the heads up
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 06:56 PM   #587
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,185
I want a Rise Leo not made by Playmates.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:00 PM   #588
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
I want Rise Turtles Revoltechs so badly. It'd be perfect for the Amazing Yamaguchi line for non Marvel and DC entry, they're already branching out with a new Optimus Prime
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:06 PM   #589
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I want a Rise Leo not made by Playmates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I want Rise Turtles Revoltechs so badly. It'd be perfect for the Amazing Yamaguchi line for non Marvel and DC entry, they're already branching out with a new Optimus Prime
God, please, I need it.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:53 PM   #590
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
all battle shells in stock on walmart.com for around $9, except leo who stays around $20 for some reason. but yes they are hard to find, and the baddies from that wave.

Not expecting revo or other import versions of the Rise characters. Would be a shock to me.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:50 AM   #591
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Is Rise showing in Japan? Import toys depends on the popularity of the show I guess, we did get Revoltechs of the 2012 figures and Bandai did SH Figuarts of the FW (retro stock art) Turtles
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 06:59 AM   #592
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
I haven't seen any product restocks all year. Nothing has gone completely empty, but even in stores that are down to 2-3 figures have sat that way for months.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:14 AM   #593
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,185
In my country Rise turtles never even came, some stores still have shelfwarming 2012 stock.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:18 AM   #594
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Same. I’ve not seen a single Rise product on the shelves. We have at least episode 1 dubbed in Norwegian. But stores that do have TMNT is petty leftovers that no one bought in 2012’s toy line heyday
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:30 AM   #595
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
I can't speak for everywhere in Europe, but Rise of the TMNT toys never made it to Spain nor France.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:11 PM   #596
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Battle Shells finally showed up at my Walmart. Had a weak moment and went ahead and got Leo. The proportion differences compared to the basics is... interesting. I do like Leo's head sculpt better on it and the eyes look less... I dunno, over-medicated?

Love the little throwing knives as the mystery gear. (Is this random or do they all get the same, I wonder?) About this limp sword though... lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:54 PM   #597
Sobble
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Galar
Posts: 125
Thumbs up Rise Lego sets

I know mega constroxs or whatever it is has the rights to TMNT but I saw the trailer for a new Lego series Nickelodeon has so I'm just gonna make this up in my mind knowing this won't be real

But what if rise Lego sets came out

I think I whould want sets like

The shellraiser
The shell hog
and the technodrome (IF THE TECHNODROME WILL EVEN EXIST IN RISE)

So yeah what do you think and what should I add

Idk if this is the right thread though
Sobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:57 PM   #598
Sobble
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Galar
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I want a Rise Leo not made by Playmates.
I think I'm flooding thread but https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m866...CABEgJot_D_BwE
Unless you don't want a kids meal toy and want a figure you chould buy at anytime and have many points of articulation this is the closest I got to a rise leo not made by playmates
Sobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 04:21 PM   #599
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior
 
DevilSpooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Portugal
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobble View Post
I know mega constroxs or whatever it is has the rights to TMNT but I saw the trailer for a new Lego series Nickelodeon has so I'm just gonna make this up in my mind knowing this won't be real

But what if rise Lego sets came out

I think I whould want sets like

The shellraiser
The shell hog
and the technodrome (IF THE TECHNODROME WILL EVEN EXIST IN RISE)

So yeah what do you think and what should I add

Idk if this is the right thread though
LEGO had the rights for TMNT before and it flopped hard, don't expect them to waste money on the property again any time soon.

And no, I do not believe this is the right thread for it.
__________________
Life at best is bittersweet
DevilSpooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 04:27 PM   #600
Sobble
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Galar
Posts: 125
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
LEGO had the rights for TMNT before and it flopped hard, don't expect them to waste money on the property again any time soon.

And no, I do not believe this is the right thread for it.
Thanks for the reply though
Sobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2018, action figures, playmates, rise of the tmnt, toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.