The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2016, 02:42 PM   #6001
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I definitely am, though, to the point that I've had dreams (or nightmares, I guess) of this exact thing happening for a few years now. He got out a couple times in year one & I've been a nervous prick ever since. People around here don't give a damn, they kill all matters of life with their cars to such an extent it seems deliberate, pairing that with the alarming amount of stray pitbulls in the area, it'd be a lost cause were he to venture out. I don't need this stress, maaaaan.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:45 PM   #6002
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
The love we feel for our pets, eh?

I dunno, I guess try using some ingenuity and putting up a makeshift fence for now? That's what I would try.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:53 PM   #6003
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Yeah, that's the plan. Gonna go to Lowes ASAP & see what I can jerry rig to keep him in a confined area of the yard, be it stakes with tarp or some kinda mini-fencing. We have a few neighbors that fix this sort of thing for a living, so we're hoping somebody can assist us. Dunno how realistic it is, but it's all we've got.

Before this happened, we called a guy to come give us an estimate on some work (as this seemed an inevitability) & he gave me bad vibes so we didn't end up getting anything done. He was inattentive, disrespectful to my mother, & extremely pushy about getting the job. He called twice a day in the weeks following. Last week a few boards were randomly damaged in just such a way that it was a perfect "door" for my dog. I patched it. Two days later the patch was destroyed. I patched it again, then another hole opened up right by it. I patched that, too. Then we wake up to find a huge amount of the thing just torn down, & we can't help but feel like this asshole came by & ****ed with it thinking that we'd call him to fix it, & that is even more worrisome. Can't prove anything, confrontation would be unjustified, I'm just left feeling fear, anger, & a total loss of power given I have neither the funds nor skill to repair it. I

It's just one of many things here deteriorating. The house/fence/etc. was all made brand new for us when we moved here 8 years or so ago, yet it's all in sh*t shape. Made with cheap material by careless people. All the parties responsible cease to exist, there isn't even anyone to sue or complain to.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:01 PM   #6004
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Damn, man. Not much one can say besides I hope it all works out for you in the end. I wouldn't know what to do in those situations, either.

You know what helps? Dog cuddles.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:08 PM   #6005
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Before this happened, we called a guy to come give us an estimate on some work (as this seemed an inevitability) & he gave me bad vibes so we didn't end up getting anything done. He was inattentive, disrespectful to my mother, & extremely pushy about getting the job. He called twice a day in the weeks following. Last week a few boards were randomly damaged in just such a way that it was a perfect "door" for my dog. I patched it. Two days later the patch was destroyed. I patched it again, then another hole opened up right by it. I patched that, too. Then we wake up to find a huge amount of the thing just torn down, & we can't help but feel like this asshole came by & ****ed with it thinking that we'd call him to fix it, & that is even more worrisome. Can't prove anything, confrontation would be unjustified, I'm just left feeling fear, anger, & a total loss of power given I have neither the funds nor skill to repair it.
Dude, call. If he's part of a company and not just some solo dude in a truck, you can absolutely get that taken care of.

Or call the police; that sounds like enough to get a police cruiser by a few nights at least.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:23 PM   #6006
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
I hope your dog stays safe Powder.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:48 PM   #6007
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Dude, call. If he's part of a company and not just some solo dude in a truck, you can absolutely get that taken care of.

Or call the police; that sounds like enough to get a police cruiser by a few nights at least.
Was a "solo dude in a truck" not part of a legitimate business. & again, I have no proof, merely paranoid suspicion which comes with being such a negative person. Expecting help from cops is a joke, they don't come out here. My neighbor & I had some ordeals with meth addicts trying to ram through our fence, shots fired & all that, they didn't come out for an hour & a half. There's always some BS happening, I hear shots & screams almost daily, they don't care about us. That aside, there are a bunch of dirt roads & trails around my property, where it'd be easy for some sleazoid to do some quick f**kery, so even if they had a minor presence it wouldn't do much good. It's all just a big waste of time.

I live in a bad area. You either face trouble head-on with a weapon, or you accept getting sh*t on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Damn, man. Not much one can say besides I hope it all works out for you in the end. I wouldn't know what to do in those situations, either.

You know what helps? Dog cuddles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I hope your dog stays safe Powder.
Thanks guys.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:22 PM   #6008
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Was a "solo dude in a truck" not part of a legitimate business. & again, I have no proof, merely paranoid suspicion which comes with being such a negative person. Expecting help from cops is a joke, they don't come out here. My neighbor & I had some ordeals with meth addicts trying to ram through our fence, shots fired & all that, they didn't come out for an hour & a half. There's always some BS happening, I hear shots & screams almost daily, they don't care about us. That aside, there are a bunch of dirt roads & trails around my property, where it'd be easy for some sleazoid to do some quick f**kery, so even if they had a minor presence it wouldn't do much good. It's all just a big waste of time.

I live in a bad area. You either face trouble head-on with a weapon, or you accept getting sh*t on.
Stay safe. Wish I could do more.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 07:19 PM   #6009
Katie
Just...way too serious.
 
Katie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: purgatory
Posts: 3,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Wow. That sounds like me back in high school. I had over a dozen myself, both males and females. Of course, I was trying to breed them, and my local pets stores were very good about keeping their containers clean and the fish were all quite healthy. Had to give it up when I moved away from home because of lack of space for it. But I would love to have room to start raising them again.
I used to breed as well, but it was a hassle to find homes for the hundreds of fry I'd have. It was ok money, but I think it'd turn my nice sress reliever into another stressful part of my day.

Well, I have 14 now...damn my sucky willpower and a poor dying baby with very curable finrot. At least once I get them they don't cost me to keep up. I have a sh!t ton of fish meds and food, so new ones are never trouble...I just need to stop looking.
__________________
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:34 AM   #6010
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost
 
ProactiveMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,266
I donated blood on Friday, and just as the nurse was sealing up the bag to take it away, the clamp failed and the blood went all over the place. I was in a reclining chair four feet of the ground, so there was nothing I could do but watch a cluster of blood-bank people try to clean my blood up off the floor. It went everywhere too; all over the pedestal, on the agitator, and on the nurse's shoes.

The worst part was that they brought a couple of other donors through the door as this was going on, and they looked horrified. I'm not squeamish so it didn't bother me, aside from the fact that I'd just wasted a bunch of time (and blood), although I felt a little dejected seeing them freak out about something that was a part of me up until very recently.
__________________
ProactiveMan!
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:50 PM   #6011
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
It's hard enough for me to simply get a blood test without getting light headed and needing to sit around a bit, I think I'd have really passed out at that point.


Grind... So this scary ass storm that came through. Enough so that I shut the computer down, which I don't often do (edit: and by the sound of it I may be doing it again...) I don't know if it was fueled by a shot of straight line winds or wtf that was, but the wind and rain was creepy weird and saw a big piece of the neighbors big, tall old tree across the road come down. Through the rain, at first I was afraid the whole thing went, but looks like it just lost a big limb/section... Think it was an upward facing limb though, the top looks a lot thinner now from what I can see over their bushes. Ran over to take a peek when the rain let up for a min, think it may have taken out portions of a smaller tree or two, and a small pine-looking tree/bush either lost a piece or split. Feel for them when they get home from work shortly.

Hope it's okay enough to leave the rest alone. Would suck to have to lose one of the old trees here.



So there's power out all around the area, other trees of of course, some flooding. And a freight train sitting across a road (as seen by my sister on her way home) with a couple cars separated and according to my sister people out pointing, so a train car may have ended up off the low track that crosses the road.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-18-2016 at 03:39 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:29 PM   #6012
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
I haven't been feeling well since last night.

Mostly headache and stomach-sickness. Felt really nauseous during my class this morning. Now I'm probably dehydrated and need water...but drinking that hasn't helped much either. It is also 'shark week'...so that might be a contributor.
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:38 PM   #6013
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Id say that is a very strong possibility. I have that issue a lot during "shark week". Along with insomnia and hot fladhes/night sweats so i feel ya Utie.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 12:31 AM   #6014
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
I just have sleep issues in general.

Most of which involving getting far better sleep during the day than at night.
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 04:11 PM   #6015
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
It seems we share a few things in common. I am a night owl with insomniac tendancies who sleeps better during the day.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:17 PM   #6016
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist
 
thundermaster612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Ninjago City
Posts: 1,214
I was ONE SINGLE DAY LATE! to a ToysRUs deal where you can get a free Bionicle Quake Beast. I checked today, 0 Quake Beasts. So I asked and THEY SAID THE DEAL ENDED YESTERDAY AND THEY WERE ALL GONE. ToysRUs' around the country are doing this sort of thing for Quake Beast cause he's the least selling out of all of the new wave. I only had 1 flaw with him and I did want I different beast but I'm not saying no to getting a free one. Dammit ToysRUs. No wonder everybody hates working for you. Even though those employees I found were talking to each other and laughing and having a great time...

Also the cops today are starting to act like the Vahki from G1 Bionicle. Meant to be law fulfilling do-gooders but instead they just kill the people who need help. So which team do we need? the Toa Metru, the Avengers, or the Ninja Turtles? (And I only added Avengers because their supposed to be some sort of modern day superhero team)
__________________
thundermaster612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:21 PM   #6017
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
I hope the dog situation turns out well, Powder. I wouldn't be able to let my pet roam outside the house without watching him or her if I had one.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:21 PM   #6018
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Any time I take Tums it makes me poop all day.

Oh, & Thanks snake! I made this post the same time as you, it seems. Been walking him ever since. One of our neighbors is supposed to come by sometime in the next few days to assess the situation, dunno what'll come of it though.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:54 PM   #6019
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
It seems we share a few things in common. I am a night owl with insomniac tendancies who sleeps better during the day.
I'm not even sure if I'm a true insomniac. At least not yet. Pretty sure I've just screwed up my circadian rhythm by sleeping through the day.
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:40 PM   #6020
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
I guess that depends on how long it has been going on or if it is afrequent occurrance. If either answer is yes then yup you're an insomniac.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.