The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2015, 05:13 PM   #641
BlueKatanas
Foot Soldier
 
BlueKatanas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post

Maybe it's just me, but one thing that makes the turtles look cool in the 2k12 series, physically, is their gear. I love their bandages, and the fact that most of theirs in the Vision Quest were either white, gray, tan, or off-white is different from the ones they typically wear on the show. I wanted to see that in the figures, but instead, we get nothing. It's just left unpainted. The worst part, it's not like Bebop where he has lines on his suit not painted, but it isn't that noticeable. As for the turtles, we immediately see those bandages not in white, not in grey, but in the color of their skin. That's a crime.



But if you ask me, I'm more excited in buying an Ellen Ripley from Alien than I am for Serpent Karai.

I agree, it is disappointing, considering how cool they looked in the episode. I still think the toys look great though, and have great play value.

I can't wait to find the Neca Ripley figures, they look awesome!
__________________

My Collection Thread: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=49928
BlueKatanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:31 PM   #642
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEENAGE-MUTA...item3cf1e67284

Someone besides DVD has Stockman Fly
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:18 PM   #643
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior
 
zaktheneutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 913
http://m.ebay.com/itm/261756441343

http://m.ebay.com/itm/261756450575

They have Karai and Mikey Turflytle too.
__________________
"We strike hard and fade away.....into the night."

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:50 PM   #644
nellyp
Stone Warrior
 
nellyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 545
with the quality of the paint on those figures i doubt anyone is in a hurry to pay that much for these.
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:06 PM   #645
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist
 
lonewarrior20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: pekin,IL
Posts: 1,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
didn't they try to do the same with tigerclaw last year?

i'll wait til they show up at the stores.
__________________
Join my Patreon to help production for my Tmnt/GIJoe fan-comic
https://www.patreon.com/cw/lonewarrior20



"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:32 AM   #646
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
I'm doing something wrong !!!
That Karai sold for 10x what I paid.

Please, do NOT pay that kind of cash. You are just being ripped off. I hasten to mention, not by me.

Once I get my packaged figures, it is a sure sign that they are ready for transport to the US market. Therefore they can be at most 8 weeks from the shops.

Change of heart. If anyone wants Karai, or any other figure (Mikey Turflytle for example) I'll sell you one for $30.00

Seriously though, I couldn't do that, and the local sellers here are NOT doing that.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:31 AM   #647
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
wow, that Karai got sold for around 300NOK, retail price for TMNT figures in Norway is at cheapest 99.90NOK, and even then some of the figures ain't worth that prince.

Someone really wanted that Karai fast as possible
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:18 AM   #648
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
I got my painted StockmanFly today.
First up, a subtle side by side:

Then the figure ;

And a close up:

So basically the detailing really is all there. I'm totally loving this painted version.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:20 AM   #649
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Forgot to paint his mustache though.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:47 AM   #650
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
I didnt notice the tash.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:53 AM   #651
Freeman
Hench Mutant
 
Freeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Sebastian - Spain
Posts: 480
And it happens again.

Both me and my girlfriend were super exited for how well Turflytle Mikey turned into the action figure after watching the first promo pics, but the you see the final product and only want to cry...

These could be the first figure I'd purchase just to open, get it repainted and put back into the blister the best possible way, but at the same time doing so would only make me more angry with Playmates...
__________________
Long is the way of learning.
Endless the way of perfection.
Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:34 AM   #652
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
I had to do this one.

DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:01 AM   #653
joefsas
Stone Warrior
 
joefsas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dorset, uk
Posts: 690
I know which one i prefer.
I think playmates efforts recently have been piss poor!
__________________
WANTED: S.H.FIGUARTS LEONARDO BANDANA TAIL PIECE!
joefsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:15 AM   #654
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
The paint looks great on the opened Baxter your art student did fantastic, the only thing missing is the moustache being painted.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:43 AM   #655
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
It's sad that a figure that's almost 30 years old knocks the spots of a new one in terms of paint, sculpt and accessories. Just goes to show how far Playmates have fallen...
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:44 AM   #656
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior
 
zaktheneutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 913
Looks great! It's crazy what a little effort and paint can do to a figure...hint hint Playmates.
__________________
"We strike hard and fade away.....into the night."

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:57 AM   #657
Super Goku
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
It's sad that a figure that's almost 30 years old knocks the spots of a new one in terms of paint, sculpt and accessories. Just goes to show how far Playmates have fallen...
I agree for the most part. I'm also disappointed that Playmates Toys doesn't make the packaging fun anymore. I bought the original cartoon Triceraton action figure recently, and I'm impressed with the art work on the packaging, and Playmates Toys making jokes about the accessories and the description of the character card. The old toy line was just more fun, and Playmates Toys seemed to have fun with it.
Super Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:34 AM   #658
Actionfigures4teens
Thug
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
The paint looks great on the opened Baxter your art student did fantastic, the only thing missing is the moustache being painted.
Also missing being painted, is the collar of the shirt. The collar around his neck should be white.
Actionfigures4teens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:20 PM   #659
atreyu2112
Foot Soldier
 
atreyu2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 236
I posted my disappointment on the Playmates Toys Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/PlaymatesToys

Look for "Posts to page"

Go ahead and add to my post, or post your own frustration. It's there for the world to see. Maybe they'll take notice and at least fix the lack of detail on the Mystic Turtles for future production.
atreyu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:45 PM   #660
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior
 
METALHEAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: san benito texas
Posts: 734
huh. so his hair is painted? didnt think it would be. thought it would be unpainted once they release it. if that is the case, then i'm okay with this. all i need is to paint his tash, his neck collar white, some brown paint here and there, paint in the house, mouth, teeth. i can work with that. this kinda makes me a little more...relived i dunno about you all but i'm okay with this
__________________

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.