The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #721
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Those figure designs look a LOT better than what we've seen from the actual show.

DAMN !!!

Why did I have to like these? Now even if I end up hating the show there's a good chance I'd get the figures.

Quote:
2k12 line: I love how these look so far! The turles are awesome! By the way, I’ve noticed about Don not having the gap teeth. Still, I wonder why the basic turtle figures don’t have eyeballs
Maybe it was hard to maintain quality with eyeballs and gap. Personaly I like the pupiless look better than what I'd imagine they'd look like with pupils and definitely would prefer a gapless Don. The original playmates figures looked nothing like the cartoon version and people still bought 'em.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #722
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost
 
Plasticplayhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 2,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Has this Nick Storage Shell pic been posted yet?
Yeah those are most def the 10 inch turtles. You can tell by the toes and heads. I still like the 6inch scale classics and nick lines. Yeah the super nice paint aps may not be there, but ill fix that and have them looking just like the promo
__________________
Want to see more of my custom figures?
http://plasticplayhouse.deviantart.com/
Plasticplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #723
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
I did some investigating, and I have it on good authority that this:



Is the real deal. The discrepancies you may notice are because not *all* the figures on display, particularly the ones in packaging, are the final product. But the ones photographed against white definitely are.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #724
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Fantastic pictures. I'm so glad we finally get to see those, along with the shredder and splinter figures...

The final figures for the boys look pretty good. the third toe really doesn't bother me. I just wish they didn't all have the same manic grin like we saw in some of the 2K3 box art.

April looks closer to high school age, which I'm pleased with. She looked too young in the original designs.

I know some people are freaked out by Splinter's color design (which I agree, it's quite a departure from what we've seen before), However, one theory could be that Splinter is a 'fancy rat', which can have Badger-type markings. (look at the two pictures on the bottom of the page).

AS for his actual design...

*packs up her sketchbook and slinks away*



~Machias
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #725
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist
 
Ninja Tiptup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I did some investigating, and I have it on good authority that this:



Is the real deal. The discrepancies you may notice are because not *all* the figures on display, particularly the ones in packaging, are the final product. But the ones photographed against white definitely are.
That is very good news.

First I thought I'd just go for the classics line (though I'm a bit turned off by the shell being flexiable as others have been) but seeing some of these Nick series figures has me just as much or even more interested in buying some of them.
__________________
It's weird to be normal, and it's normal to be weird.
Ninja Tiptup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #726
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee View Post
AS for his actual design...

*packs up her sketchbook and slinks away*



~Machias
Less slinking, more sharing!

ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #727
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I did some investigating, and I have it on good authority that this:

Is the real deal. The discrepancies you may notice are because not *all* the figures on display, particularly the ones in packaging, are the final product. But the ones photographed against white definitely are.
Rose, I very much hope you are right about that. But I do have my doubts. Those figures just look too good to be coming from Playmates. However, the ones with the bland paintjob and dinky, uncolored weapons are pretty much what I expect for a $8-$10 Playmates toy.

But I hope I am wrong.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #728
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Columbus Indiana
Posts: 688
!!!!!
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #729
Timmetry
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 292
Love the new figures, don't care for the sound fx ones, hate the classics. I'll definitely get a set of the four turtles based on the new designs.
Timmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #730
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Is the real deal. The discrepancies you may notice are because not *all* the figures on display, particularly the ones in packaging, are the final product. But the ones photographed against white definitely are.
Despite everything being leaps and bounds ahead of past products, I find that extremely hard to believe.
I doubt that Playmates would ever even attempt to sell figures with paint jobs that nice.
If I'm wrong I'll eat pizza with a gross topping on youtube. Quote me on that.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #731
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Despite everything being leaps and bounds ahead of past products, I find that extremely hard to believe.
I doubt that Playmates would ever even attempt to sell figures with paint jobs that nice.
If I'm wrong I'll eat pizza with a gross topping on youtube. Quote me on that.
Anchovies, pickle juice and cinnamon.

Double dare ya!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #732
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Well I suppose Splinter COULD be a mismarked Dalmation or Husky....But he looks more like a badger. *lol*
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #733
Foot Soldier Clang
Hench Mutant
 
Foot Soldier Clang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Big Apple, 3am
Posts: 456
I might be the only one here who likes the storage shells . I've lost too many turtle weapons over the years. Its nice knowing I'll have someplace to put them.

Also, I love the classic Foot Soldier figures (obviously, they're great), but I was never too fond of the weapons they came with. I hope they get blasters or something this time around.
__________________
My Collection
Foot Soldier Clang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #734
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior
 
METALHEAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: san benito texas
Posts: 734
my question is... are the tmnt tv series figures gonna be the same size as pervious tmnt or are they gonna follow along the size of 4inch like GIJOE, MARVEL UNIVERSE, THE NEW THUNDERCATS SERIES?
__________________

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #735
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALHEAD View Post
my question is... are the tmnt tv series figures gonna be the same size as pervious tmnt or are they gonna follow along the size of 4inch like GIJOE, MARVEL UNIVERSE, THE NEW THUNDERCATS SERIES?
The article says that each Turtle will vary from 4.25" to 4.75".
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #736
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot Soldier Clang View Post
I might be the only one here who likes the storage shells . I've lost too many turtle weapons over the years. Its nice knowing I'll have someplace to put them.

Also, I love the classic Foot Soldier figures (obviously, they're great), but I was never too fond of the weapons they came with. I hope they get blasters or something this time around.
You're not alone, man. I think it's pretty cool they're bringing the storage shells back, besides its only on the ten inch turtles (as far as I can tell).
I think the only reason there's some dislike floating around is because people thought it was the classics line that featured them.
I agree about the Foot Soldier weapons too. Weapon changes aside, I hope more than anything we at least see the figures. That'd be awesome.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #737
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
I support the "Storage Shell" feature as both practical and a play-value bonus!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #738
Timmetry
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 292
If the figures look like this:



I will buy them without a second thought. The design is awesome and the paint is amazing. Unfortunately, I've got a feeling that they will wind up more like this:



Bah, first image won't show but you all know the good looking figure and I'm too tired to mess around with it to get it to work.
Timmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #739
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Regarding the weapons coloring, the original 2k3 figures came with very nicely detailed (for the time) weapons. So I wouldn't be surprised if we got the nice looking weapons and vividly painted turtles.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #740
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Can I offer an observation. That figure looks like it may be the 4" version. The ones with the better paint jobs look "bigger" some how...maybe I'm nuts. BTW where'd that picture come from?

EDIT: Oh...here:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ght-new-286540

Further edit: wait...3 minute clip. Come on Viacom...share.

EDIT: One more...when did we get the name "Sewer Heads" and where can we return it for a better nick-name?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 02-01-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.