The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 08:25 AM   #721
LUCKFF
Hench Mutant
 
LUCKFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Posts: 429
Random TMNT Lego

ON TRU WEBSITE!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=search

Whats up with this? Haven't seen any announcements for this. Anyone?







__________________

LUCKFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:44 AM   #722
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCKFF View Post
ON TRU WEBSITE!
Whats up with this? Haven't seen any announcements for this. Anyone?
Oh nice, hadn't seen pics of that yet!!

Hmm At first I thought this might be part of the new Juniors line (easier to build sets for younger builders), but now I'm not sure...

Looks good!

*edit* at first glance the minifigs look identical to past figures which makes the set less interesting, other than the robotic foot soldier. However, Shredder is in purple here (in the other set he's in a reddish-purple)

Also the face printing is different on both turtles... but it's hard to tell without comparing them

Last edited by Zulithe; 02-16-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:45 AM   #723
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist
 
SS Kakarot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,067
Wow, where did that come from all of a sudden?
Looks very nice indeed!
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:43 PM   #724
Veedubguy83
Hench Mutant
 
Veedubguy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 264
could be another TRU exclusive.
Veedubguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:08 PM   #725
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Oh nice, hadn't seen pics of that yet!!

Hmm At first I thought this might be part of the new Juniors line (easier to build sets for younger builders), but now I'm not sure...

Looks good!

*edit* at first glance the minifigs look identical to past figures which makes the set less interesting, other than the robotic foot soldier. However, Shredder is in purple here (in the other set he's in a reddish-purple)

Also the face printing is different on both turtles... but it's hard to tell without comparing them
Looks like both Raph and Mikey got a new expression. That set looks awesome, and I bet Lego gets a Shredder lair out in stores before playmates
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:08 PM   #726
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Image gallery for the second wave of sets shown at Toy Fair:
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=21932
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:43 AM   #727
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
So frustrating... the new Shredder's Lair qualifies for the Buy 1 Get 1 50% off LEGO promo at TRU right now, but it's not in stock anywhere

anyway, i have a 20% off coupon I just got from TRU by mail... I hope I can find this set in stores soon and use it on it.

Anyway, the new LEGO TMNT sets at Toy Fair said "April" on them... so that means they could show up at LEGO retail stores in mid-to-late March.

My local LEGO store got the 2014 Star Wars sets in about a week ago and those aren't technically out till March either.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:15 PM   #728
I Like Turtles
Random Punk
 
I Like Turtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 21
Damn, that Shredder Lair looks awesome!!!!
I Like Turtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:29 AM   #729
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Damn these new sets look amazing! Definitely must buys for me
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:36 AM   #730
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
not feeling any of the new nick sets.. will get some of the movie sets though, the lair looks good.
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:42 PM   #731
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
The minifigures are the real draw for the new Nick sets. But I do like the T-Sub.

I don't care what I think of the movie though, I agree I will get the movie TMNT LEGO sets too. There's sure to be some cool stuff in there.

Anyway here are some of my personal highlights from what was shown at Toy Fair:

Karai & Leo (check out that new hair piece!)
Spoiler:


Kirby Bat
Spoiler:


Leatherhead & Sub. Get a load of those LEGO pegs on his arms!
Spoiler:
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:58 PM   #732
bjd624
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
Heh, I was just thinking about reusing the guard for Bebop.

Anywho, here are some of my concepts to test out general parts and how they look.

http://i.imgur.com/rUpTTCE.jpg

Top row: King Lionheart (most just Chima Lion), Usagi Yojimbo (creepy face, thanks Voldemort), Scaletail (will look amazing in all green), Sargent Bananas, Groundchuck (needs more red), and Merdude

Bottom row: Chromedome, Elite Foot (waiting on a new bandanna and a gray hat), 4-armed Shredder, short Shredder, Claw Shredder - I plan on replacing the other two Shredder's with the same head as 4-arms (and eventually make a 2k3 Shredder).

Wingnut and Rocksteady will be Chima figures, but I don't have those parts around. Casey Jones was entirely made of pieces I needed to buy.
I would love to see a follow up on these as Bebop Rocksteady & Casey are some of my favorites..
bjd624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:35 PM   #733
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Good look

Good look at the snow truck and the Foot three foot figures two with sword other unknown turtles and april looks great
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x83th...outu.be&t=2m7s

Also pictures

Spoiler:
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:53 PM   #734
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
heres better look at lego movie pics https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:34 PM   #735
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmikey23 View Post
heres better look at lego movie pics https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1
An entire new thread and multiple posts, including this one, in existing threads wasn't enough?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:09 PM   #736
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Shredders lair looks awesome!
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:39 PM   #737
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,460
Big Rig Snow Getaway includes Karai, two Foot Soldiers, Leo, Raph and April.

Turtle Van Taketown has Mikey, Raph, Vernon & Foot Soldier.

Turtle Lair Invasion has Splinter, Leo, Donnie, Shredder and two Foot Soldiers.

I saw these sets at Toy Fair, the figures are very detailed and have new heads and shells. The new shell goes up and around the back of the head giving the figures a bulkier, larger look (which will be great for a Slash or Tokka custom).
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:19 PM   #738
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Just to ad this to this thread

samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:21 AM   #739
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
I would love to see a follow up on these as Bebop Rocksteady & Casey are some of my favorites..
I'm waiting on a few orders from Bricklink to arrive with all my extra parts - and the newest Chima sets don't get released until the 1st so I have to wait to get Rogon's head for Rocksteady.

Once they're complete, I'll be sure to share them (along with the "recipes").
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:19 AM   #740
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
jestergoblin: You don't have a LEGO retail store nearby? All of the March 1st sets have been in stock in retail locations for over two weeks. I know because I've already bought most of them!

Though I did save a lot of stuff for March, since there is a REALLY good free minifig promo with any $75 purchase (Martian Manhunter, never before released in minifig form)



BTW can you identify the head and other pieces you used for your custom Casey? I have seen a lot of different takes on him and I'm trying to decide which parts I should bricklink.

I really hope we get a LEGO Nick Casey minifig in the next wave of sets. I'm hoping they include an unpainted face (with a smile showing his missing teeth) and a removable mask w/ hood on it as his 'helmet'
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.