The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 11:16 AM   #741
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
It's set in Vol 1, issue 1.
Yoshi is not Splinter in the comics, that was something they made up for the toon
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #742
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Ohh, I see. So, how do we know when exactly Turtles Forever takes place for the Mirage turtles? I mean, how can you tell what "Volume" they're in during the movie? (Sorry, I'm kind of a Mirage N00b.)
don't feel bad, so am i. i also wonder as well. i don't think it was pinpointed exactly when this movie takes place in any timelines
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:50 AM   #743
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
It's clear that this is the very first issue for the Mirage Turtles as The Shredder isn't dead yet. You read that right. Shredder was offed in the very first issue. It's a good bit more questionable at what point in their adventures the OT Turtles were involved.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:56 AM   #744
Teddy
Hench Mutant
 
Teddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
It's set in Vol 1, issue 1.
Yoshi is not Splinter in the comics, that was something they made up for the toon
For real? So Yoshi and Splinter are two different characters? Ok, so I'm more clueless than I thought... I'm an Archie girl.

Good to know I'm not the only Mirage n00b around here, though. *nudges TMNT_25*

EDIT: I didn't know about Shredder being offed in the first issue, either! My mind has officially been blown.
__________________
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:56 PM   #745
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
It's a good bit more questionable at what point in their adventures the OT Turtles were involved.
Nah, definitely after season 10.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:59 PM   #746
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
EDIT: I didn't know about Shredder being offed in the first issue, either! My mind has officially been blown.
I was in that mind-blown seat when I first heard too LOL. I grew up on the old toon and movies, I didn't even have the Archie comics to go off of. All my Mirage knowledge was gleaned from Wiki, till I came here.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:15 PM   #747
DK2
Stone Warrior
 
DK2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 621
I laughed about the Mirage TMNTs timeline from TMNT #1 Vol.1 I knew that the whole time when I watched it. But with the other Turtles interfering with Mirage Shredder, dumping garbage at him for the time being, are we to assume the Mirage Turtles/Prime will still eventually fight Shredder to the death again? It was just a little delay for now or for another day? Its just on a technical note the Mirage canon/continuity has been messed with for a bit. Things'll go back to to their original intent in their timeline? I'm being nitpicky about this point.
DK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:43 AM   #748
ShreddedSplinter
Mouser
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13
After watching the 2003 from start to finish, I have to say that it would have been really cool if they had included Baxter Stockman, both the old show & the new show versions. They could have gotten some great jokes out of that.

Also, in the scene where The 80s Turtles have to save April, there is one thing I would change. I think the joke itself is awesome, but I think instead of having mutant bananas & pizza monsters, does anybody else think it would have been cooler if they had villains from the original show? They could have had Rat King, Leatherhead, Slash, and other villains, as they appeared in the old show, show up and attack April. The joke of having the Turtles randomly save April is still in tact, and you would have gotten another cool little nostalgia moment out of it too.
ShreddedSplinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:28 PM   #749
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
so, ok for the Mirage Turtles it was set somewhere during the very first issue; for the OT Turtles, possibly season 10 (though i doubt it cause the animation for seasons 8-10 ain't the same as what was in Turtles Forever); but what about the 2K3 Turtles?
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:55 AM   #750
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Well, birthyesterday boy said the OT was "definitely after season 10". While I can't think up a decent argument against that, I think that's a lame possibility. Heck, The Technodrome was saying "temporal anomally" in its introductory scene, so that suggests it did some time traveling to get there. However, their description and its illustration of how they ended up fighting the PDs doesn't accurately line up with any official OT adventure we know.

For the 4Kids Turtles, this takes place after BttS and probably after the semi-planned yet unproduced Shredder Wars season. This is why Serling (and Khan, to a lesser degree) vanished without so much as a mention but the Turtles' lair was still decked out with 2105 tech and Splinter wasn't still a pile of computer data bits.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #751
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
It's set in Vol 1, issue 1.
Yoshi is not Splinter in the comics, that was something they made up for the toon
To be totally specific, after page 23 and before page 24. I really can't believe there are turtle fans out there who haven't read issue #1... it's up for free on the official site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK2 View Post
But with the other Turtles interfering with Mirage Shredder, dumping garbage at him for the time being, are we to assume the Mirage Turtles/Prime will still eventually fight Shredder to the death again? It was just a little delay for now or for another day? Its just on a technical note the Mirage canon/continuity has been messed with for a bit. Things'll go back to to their original intent in their timeline? I'm being nitpicky about this point.
It doesn't mess with Mirage continuity at all, it just created an alternate time-line. Another "branch universe", as it were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Heck, The Technodrome was saying "temporal anomally" in its introductory scene, so that suggests it did some time traveling to get there. However, their description and its illustration of how they ended up fighting the PDs doesn't accurately line up with any official OT adventure we know.
So what? The OT ended in 1996, so if the OT characters all came from anywhere between 97-2008 it's still a time jump to end up in 2009.

Of course these fictional dates are rough estimates, but you see what I mean.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #752
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I get ya. That's not why I think it would be lame though. It's just asking too much imagination on the audience's part. That's weak writing skills.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:15 PM   #753
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
meh, what does it matter when it takes place really? too much over analizing. let's just agree it was awesome as hell, and another one would be sweet
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:39 PM   #754
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
I get ya. That's not why I think it would be lame though. It's just asking too much imagination on the audience's part. That's weak writing skills.
While it would have been awesome if they went out of there way to pull the OT crew out of a specific episode, it's also cool to think of all the adventures the "clowns" have already had. I suppose it cheapens "Divide and Conquer", but screw it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_25 View Post
meh, what does it matter when it takes place really? too much over analizing.
Over-analyzing is the reason I get online to talk to you nerds lol
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:59 PM   #755
Teddy
Hench Mutant
 
Teddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I really can't believe there are turtle fans out there who haven't read issue #1... it's up for free on the official site.
Hey now, I read the Raphael issue at least. That's a start, right?
__________________
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #756
Turo602
The King of Kings
 
Turo602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 2,931
I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but when the 2k3 world is being destroyed when the TMNT go back, the screen that blows up, says "Breaking News" also says "Lairdtronics".
__________________

Last edited by Turo602; 05-24-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #757
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Hey now, I read the Raphael issue at least. That's a start, right?
I think a "start" would be issue #1.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #758
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post

Over-analyzing is the reason I get online to talk to you nerds lol
haha, lol!!!
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #759
jaymq
Hench Mutant
 
jaymq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 435
Hum. I just re-watched the Director's Cut... Anyone else notice OT Leonardo saying "Don" instead of Donatello when he was telling NT Splinter their story about how they ended up in 2k3 'verse?
__________________
Nom
jaymq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:20 PM   #760
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but when the 2k3 world is being destroyed when the TMNT go back, the screen that blows up and says "Breaking News" also says "Lairdtronics".
Hadn't noticed. Cool find, yo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosandra View Post
Hum. I just re-watched the Director's Cut... Anyone else notice OT Leonardo saying "Don" instead of Donatello when he was telling NT Splinter their story about how they ended up in 2k3 'verse?
That I did notice. The things they did right with the OT Turtles still outweighs the things they got wrong though.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
4kids, episode discussion, fred wolf series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.