The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 06:56 PM   #61
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
But on the subject of sleep, was it ever mentioned what time of day the turtles sleep in in 2k3 series? I naturally assume that they sleep at night and are up during the day, but they seem to be up and about and getting into trouble at night. So I would assume that since the only time they can go top side is at night that they would sleep during the day when they can't be seen.
I would imagine they sleep whenever they feel like it. I'm sure Splinter has a schedule, but the guys probably just rest and rise as they please.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:03 PM   #62
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
I serioualy doubt that Splinter lets them sleep and rise when ever they feel like it. How the heck would he ever get them all together to teach them if they all had diffrent sleep patterns. Plus I would immagine that it would be pretty hectic to have every one in the household with a sleep schedual. What, is every one supposed to be quite just because Don and Raph prefere to sleep from 6 p.m until 2 A.M, and Leo and Mikey prefere to sleep from midnight until 9 A.M?
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:10 PM   #63
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,194
Meh, it's a big lair. And remember that one Nobody episode? Everyone was up all night and Splinter was training them either way.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:26 PM   #64
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
I think they sleep at night and are awake during the day. This is mainly because Splinter seems to be quite diurnal- even though most rats tend to be nocturnal or crepuscular. It seems to me that Splinter is a morning person like Leo and would not be very coherent late at night.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:47 PM   #65
Mutated Leo
Foot Soldier
 
Mutated Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: P-Town
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn Guy View Post
Stop breaking the fourth wall.
LOL!! I nearly crapped myself from laughing.
__________________


"He who lives without honor, ends without honor" ~Master Splinter
Mutated Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:34 PM   #66
triplexxx
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
I serioualy doubt that Splinter lets them sleep and rise when ever they feel like it. How the heck would he ever get them all together to teach them if they all had diffrent sleep patterns. Plus I would immagine that it would be pretty hectic to have every one in the household with a sleep schedual.
Well they all probably sleep the same hours in the day; it's just that those "hours in the day" probably vary...like somedays, the family may sleep 9 PM to 4 AM, and other days it may be 1 AM to 7 AM...most likely, they tend to keep their sleep hours out of daylight hours, but they may make exceptions.
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:18 AM   #67
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
no way could Raph sleep w/ his sai tucked in his belt...if he turned he'd jab himself in the leg or it's move wrong and poke him.
i bet they keep a nocturnal based "day"...sleep during the day, up at night. They can't be expected to be up 6am after going to bed say 12am after a night out kicking butts. Unhealthy and the lack of sleep can seriously screw up your brain. Ninja or not, their minds need a good 8 hours of sleep.
the hammock - raph got lucky, found a hammock and now he can sleep on his back cos it supports him the way he needs it. the others have beds, they would be turtles who couldn't get up sleeping on their backs
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:47 AM   #68
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Boy, you'd think the guy with the best sleeping arrangement wouldn't be the crankiest lol.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:05 PM   #69
Time Mistress
Stone Warrior
 
Time Mistress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennshellvania, or the 79th level of Null-Time
Posts: 710
I'd think Splinter would have regular morning workouts schedules for the boys. No excuses for Raph staying out late busting heads with Casey, etc. It kind of annoyed me that Raph was sleeping so much in the new movie, you'd think Splinter would have hauled his butt out of bed for 6:00 training every morning, Nightwatcher or no, and giving him an earful if he was "too tired." The only exception would be for their fights with Shredder or something.

While I love their rooms in 2k3, anyone remeber that four tier bunk bed they had in season one of the OT. I always thought that was cute, as well as April reading them The Tortoise and Hare for a bedtime story.
__________________
AKA the Edwardian Adventuress and Fairlady_Z



"You just made your last mistake, Bugeyes -- 'cuz nobody beats up my best buddy and gets away with it -- Nobody! Got that?!"
Raphael about Michaelangelo, TMNT Volume 1
Time Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:24 AM   #70
triplexxx
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
Quote:
It kind of annoyed me that Raph was sleeping so much in the new movie, you'd think Splinter would have hauled his butt out of bed for 6:00 training every morning, Nightwatcher or no, and giving him an earful if he was "too tired."

While I love their rooms in 2k3, anyone remeber that four tier bunk bed they had in season one of the OT.
Or at least, that's the impression he left everyone, that all he does is sleep all day, but working out in the field does more than basic training/practicing can ever do...also, I think in the movie, the turtles were at the age where they can pretty much set their own training schedules, kinda like Michaelangelo implied in that deleted scene, he goes to his job, comes home, watches TV, trains, etc., and I think they pretty much take care of those schedules without Splinter's aid...since all he seems to do is meditate, sit by himself, and wait for his "cake" everyday.

And yeah, loved that quadruple bunk.
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:17 AM   #71
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Meh, it's a big lair. And remember that one Nobody episode? Everyone was up all night and Splinter was training them either way.
that is only because Splinter didn't know that the turtles hadn't been to bed yet and thought they had just got up. Which makes wonder about two things: why did the turtles act so horrified that Splinter thought they had just gotten up and wanted to train? Couldn't they have just explained to Splinter that they hadn't gone to bed yet and where still tired? I mean speak up boys, I mean whats the worse Splinter is going to do if you tell him you hadn't been to bad yet? Yell at you?

Also, is Splinter's room sound proof or something? I can't believe that Raph and Don stayed up all night playing a video game that was so invigorating that they where thowing chairs around and over turned the couch, and he didn't hear a thing. Or at least yelled at them to eighther keep it down or go their butts in bed.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:10 PM   #72
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
that is only because Splinter didn't know that the turtles hadn't been to bed yet and thought they had just got up. Which makes wonder about two things: why did the turtles act so horrified that Splinter thought they had just gotten up and wanted to train? Couldn't they have just explained to Splinter that they hadn't gone to bed yet and where still tired? I mean speak up boys, I mean whats the worse Splinter is going to do if you tell him you hadn't been to bad yet? Yell at you?
I think Splinter knew they were up all night. Want to know why I think that? Becuase he knows all. And besides you even said that he probably would have been able to hear them. Remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
Also, is Splinter's room sound proof or something? I can't believe that Raph and Don stayed up all night playing a video game that was so invigorating that they where thowing chairs around and over turned the couch, and he didn't hear a thing. Or at least yelled at them to eighther keep it down or go their butts in bed.
It was probably a form of training/punishment to make them train while exhuasted because they should have just gone to bed
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:25 PM   #73
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
They sleep in the NUDE!


Someone has to have said that by now but I'm WAY to lazy to look.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:53 AM   #74
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
that is only because Splinter didn't know that the turtles hadn't been to bed yet and thought they had just got up. Which makes wonder about two things: why did the turtles act so horrified that Splinter thought they had just gotten up and wanted to train? Couldn't they have just explained to Splinter that they hadn't gone to bed yet and where still tired? I mean speak up boys, I mean whats the worse Splinter is going to do if you tell him you hadn't been to bad yet? Yell at you?

Also, is Splinter's room sound proof or something? I can't believe that Raph and Don stayed up all night playing a video game that was so invigorating that they where thowing chairs around and over turned the couch, and he didn't hear a thing. Or at least yelled at them to eighther keep it down or go their butts in bed.
I wish one of the Turtles had stood up to Splinter there. But maybe he would have beaten them.

I wish we could have seen the Turtles' rooms more. I agree that Mikey playing the drums onscreen would have been annoying (unless he's good, but I don't think they would bother to find a sound clip of a good drummer). Still it's pretty cool that he has them.
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:13 PM   #75
ninjitsu_magic_47
Thug
 
ninjitsu_magic_47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 79
hmmm... what exactly are the turtles sleeping hours? They seem to sleep both at night and day...
__________________

Don't mess with the Minions
ninjitsu_magic_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:45 PM   #76
triplexxx
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjitsu_magic_47 View Post
hmmm... what exactly are the turtles sleeping hours? They seem to sleep both at night and day...
Well, I asked on the official site, Donatello said they're typically asleep from 12 to 5:30 AM, but if he's got a project or if they have an adventure, these hours change drastically. That's how it was said, give or take a few words.
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 05:34 AM   #77
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
Those are too few hours of sleep.

I would put perhaps 11 till 6.

In an episode of the old toon, they woke up at 7AM. Or should I say, Leonardo woke up perkily and tried to wake up his brothers- but they threw pillows at him because they did not want to get out of bed.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:01 PM   #78
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
I wish one of the Turtles had stood up to Splinter there. But maybe he would have beaten them.
I wish one of the turtles had spoken up too, but I think they where afraid to admit that they where dicking around instead sleeping like Splinter told them to do. Either way I think the out come would have been same even if they had stood up to him and he would have made them stay up and train and probably had made their training extra vigorous and tiring if they had admited that they hadn't even gone to bed yet as punishment

Quote:
I think Splinter knew they were up all night.
LOl, you are probably right, Splinter seems sneaky enough to do something like that. I wonder if he didn it out of spite for keeping him up all night with their racket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplexxx View Post
Well, I asked on the official site, Donatello said they're typically asleep from 12 to 5:30 AM, but if he's got a project or if they have an adventure, these hours change drastically. That's how it was said, give or take a few words.
I agree with Scandia that this seems like way to few hours to sleep. With the turtles life styles I would think they would require more sleep than than just five and half hours of sleep!
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:34 PM   #79
thebrownranger
Stone Warrior
 
thebrownranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post





caps from rooish
Not sure if anyone asked, but what episode are these screencaps from?
__________________
https://www.instagram.com/allenjac0b/
WANTED:
A.C. Farley Leonardo Bust (bronze & unpainted)
Playmates TMNT statues- Donatello, Michelangelo
thebrownranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:57 AM   #80
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
In regards to the small amount of hours, I think it's reasonable. Some people only need that man hours. We're not dealing with true turtles, but domesticated turtles if you will. The 12 to 6 roughly doesn't bother me at all.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.