The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2007, 10:24 AM   #1
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
What the turtles sleep in

In the 2k3 series does any one know what the turtles sleep in? I can't recall off the top of my head but I don't think any of the turtles actually has a bed in their rooms. I don't think I even recall them having a bed matress eighther. There is one episode in particular that i'm thinks of "what A Croc" and it shows Raphael sleping in a hamock and Mikey sleeping under with nothing under neath him but the floor. So does any one know if they are ever shown having beds?
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:48 AM   #2
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687





caps from rooish
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:57 AM   #3
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
that answers it. lol...

whatabout Splinter? he can't always sit up and sleep
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:15 PM   #4
jenna
Mad Scientist
 
jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
Those dirty boys really should take their bandanas etc off to sleep, unless Raph was telling the truth in The Lesson when he said he showered in his bandana to keep it clean.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:27 PM   #5
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
ok...so all the turtles sleep in a sort of loft thing with a thin matress. Nice. Do you think they set it up that way or do you thinkthe interior of their rooms already had that loft set up. And why is Raphael the only one that does't have a loft/futon thing to sleep to sleep on?
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:48 PM   #6
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
Those dirty boys really should take their bandanas etc off to sleep, unless Raph was telling the truth in The Lesson when he said he showered in his bandana to keep it clean.
No joke! Take off your pads and bandanas! That is so bizzare. Like sleeping in your clothes. I suppose some people may do that but I sleep in nothing. Wearing clothes to bed is so uncomfortable. I remember in the OT they took off their bandanas to sleep but still wore their pads. Silly turtles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja
Do you think they set it up that way or do you thinkthe interior of their rooms already had that loft set up. And why is Raphael the only one that does't have a loft/futon thing to sleep to sleep on?
I assume the boys built their own beds (Or Don built them all). The lair was built by that ancient underground civilization and for some reason I can't see them building a wooden loft. My reasoning is a bit silly... "I just can't see them using wood." But hey, it's just my opinion.
Wonder why Raph doesn't have a bed. He probably enjoys the hammock.
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:19 PM   #7
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion
 
Tinuvielsdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
I love the screen shots, I would say they rummaged for and/or built what they needed for beds.
Splinter probably has a Japanese roll out fouton mat or something...

Maybe they don't sleep without their gear cause they feel they always need to be prepared, or the animators don't want to go to the trouble ...lol
In the Don episode with Kirby Raph comes out of the shower asking Don to go fix it and he has nothing on but a towel which I thought was very funny
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:38 PM   #8
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
I think the animators are just being lazy. They are just 5 males living alone. They just need to worry about comfort. They don't need to have their equivalent of clothes on all the time.

I can imagine Splinter sleeps in a futon. Or in one of those rollaway beds like the ones Japanese characters in a lot of anime (like Rurouni Kenshin) sleep in.

Why would Raphael pick a hammock rather than a bed, I do not know. Wouldn't he end up with a backache?

"is prone to back and neck pains"
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:39 PM   #9
triplexxx
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post



I sure love it when they sleep, which is why I asked for this on Deviantart http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/56006942/. As for Raphael, well he seems fine with the hammock, but he could still sleep on a futon; that's what they all slept on at the Ninja Tribunal. As for the bandanas, well, it's not like wearing a heavy sweater you just wore the whole day to bed; that's really no big deal. Though i do think their elbow and knee pads would be slightly uncomfortable. By the way, how can they possibly sleep on their backs, I mean with their shells and all, 'cause it looks like they do at times, and that would be very harmful to their necks?
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:45 PM   #10
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplexxx View Post
By the way, how can they possibly sleep on their backs, I mean with their shells and all, 'cause it looks like they do at times, and that would be very harmful to their necks?
Maybe that's why Raph perfers the hammock.
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:46 PM   #11
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion
 
Tinuvielsdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
Cute Pic, love Mikey's mouth wide open. Poor Leo... lol
They are blushie
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:01 PM   #12
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplexxx View Post
hahahaha Mike is drooling all over Leo's plastron! That is great!
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:28 PM   #13
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
I never even noticed mikey having a drum set before oi I'm so glad he never played it on the show as if 2k3 mike isn't annoying enough allready.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:32 PM   #14
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplexxx View Post
By the way, how can they possibly sleep on their backs, I mean with their shells and all, 'cause it looks like they do at times, and that would be very harmful to their necks?
Stop breaking the fourth wall.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:36 PM   #15
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
I wonder what other things would they have in their rooms. This can apply to all the TMNT universes.
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:45 PM   #16
PipingPringle
Hench Mutant
 
PipingPringle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlantic Canada
Posts: 475
I wonder what Raph won that trophy from..?
__________________
PipingPringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:51 PM   #17
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Eek, it's been a few days since I've posted! Um, for the info, Sage, Mikey was sleeping under Raph's hammock in "What a Croc" because April was staying in Mikey's room. It was a pretty cute scene.

I swear I didn't make this up. One time on the 4kids website or something, I found a really detailed interactive page where you could go in each of the Turtles' bedrooms. If I remember correctly, the bedrooms went, from left to right, Leo, Mike, Raph, Don. I thought it was really cool that Mikey played the drums.
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:20 PM   #18
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Eek, it's been a few days since I've posted! Um, for the info, Sage, Mikey was sleeping under Raph's hammock in "What a Croc" because April was staying in Mikey's room. It was a pretty cute scene.

I swear I didn't make this up. One time on the 4kids website or something, I found a really detailed interactive page where you could go in each of the Turtles' bedrooms. If I remember correctly, the bedrooms went, from left to right, Leo, Mike, Raph, Don. I thought it was really cool that Mikey played the drums.
I remember those! It was back when the website was the FoxBox one, before they switched over to the 4Kids name (mistake of the millenium, if you ask me!). Either Buslady or Aska_Badoura (sp?) one gave me the link, but I lost it, and I think maybe those pages are gone now, anyway.

Which is a real shame. They were fun to play with.
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:46 PM   #19
triplexxx
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn Guy View Post
Stop breaking the fourth wall.
I was kinda being sarcastic. I already figured they probably used very thick cushions or pillows to sleep on to avoid neck injury anyway.
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:29 AM   #20
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
The scenes are cute. In the OT, the turtles did sleep with their gear on except for the first season. During that season, they sleep with pads and belt, but not the bandannas.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.