![]() |
|
|||||||
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#61 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
|
The new Jim Lawson story which was a sequel to Tales #7 has never been reprinted anywhere. I don't think IDW is even aware it exists. It's a full new 22 page comic that's only in this collection.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#62 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,385
|
Those guys (the reprint guys) don't even know which issues of Mirage Vol. 1 are supposed to have duotones and which ones aren't, and they think the Shredder clones are red, purple, and blue-colored. F*** them.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#63 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 169
|
I agree 100%. They’ve done some awful things with the colors. The clones look completely stupid and it drives me nuts that sometimes they’ll actually color on top of the ink lines. They kept coloring red on top of Zog’s eyes. They didn’t even give the red a sharp outline. The worst part is Neca keeps coloring their figures based off of the color classics instead of the original colors. Another thing about Zog is Jim Lawson kept his model extremely consistent on every page. That means one of the arms always had a sleeve down to the wrist. You can always see the ends of his clothing and the tones are different on the fabric than on his skin. Whenever the people colored the issue they kept changing how the arms were colored. Even on the same page they didn’t color the arms consistent between clothing and skin tone. They did a piss poor job. Anyway because of that Neca made the arm wrong.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#64 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 829
|
It's stuff like that that made the Vol. 3 reprints all the more surprising. They did an excellent job with the colors there. It actually made the art better in some places than the original, which in a few spots was a little hard to discern.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#65 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
|
Quote:
Volume 1 issues with 80,000 copy print runs that were dollar bin books for decades, like TMNT 8 or the River Trilogy issues, etc., now seem to regularly go for like $20 or more (sometimes way more). They aren't rare, never were rare, but the understanding now seems to be that "if it's a black and white TMNT comic from the 80s then it must be worth a lot of money so price it as such". Meanwhile, the 2000s era Mirage stuff that had very low print runs and poor availability, like Volume 4 and Tales Volume 2, often still sell for cover price. I guess because they aren't old even though they're Mirage? Or perhaps because there isn't demand for 2000s era Mirage stuff the way there is for 80s Mirage stuff, so price gouging doesn't work as well on those. The only 2000s era Mirage stuff I've see go for big bucks are the final 4 issues of Volume 4 that were only sold through the Mirage website, and sometimes the last handful of Tales Volume 2 of the seller knows what they've got. There just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the pricing of Mirage back issues anymore. Demand certainly plays a factor, but the aftermarket is NEVER gonna run out of TMNT 8s or 23s so seeing every seller copying each other's homework and jacking those up to $40 is crazy. So with all that being ranted, I would say that even if the Tales Treasury Edition made its way onto the aftermarket, it'd either go for a a fortune because it's rare and has exclusive content never reprinted, or you can get it for a steal because the seller doesn't know that and sees it as just another 2000s era reprint. I'm not being helpful at all, but there's just no logic to the TMNT back issue pricing game anymore. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#66 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,476
|
Weird, I don’t even remember how I snagged my copy second-hand.
![]() I think I only got it for the exclusive frontispieces and the second-hand price was attractive.
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
#67 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 829
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#68 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,385
|
Not for the whole exclusive, never-printed-anywhere-else story?
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#69 |
|
New Recruit
Join Date: Aug 2023
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3
|
I actually scored a copy off of eBay a few weeks back. Pretty good condition, too. Cost me $60. Very lucky to come across it when I did.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#70 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,476
|
I think I had forgotten about that one, but sure!
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|