The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which TMNT movie is worse?
TMNT 3 103 78.03%
TMNT 2014 29 21.97%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2014, 03:53 AM   #61
The True Shredder
Foot Soldier
 
The True Shredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 163
Angry Lately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydbanks7 View Post
Well I don't care if you "work in the industry" the fact that you basically do not like any movie you see is incredibly sad to me. I am so glad I do not go into movies picking a part every little thing, I just sit back, relax and if it entertains me, then it's a good movie to me. This is why I hate critics, and do not listen or care for what they have to say. When you watch a movie, and it makes you laugh, and tear up, and that dropping in on a rollercoaster feeling, that's how I judge movies. That's the way I think everyone should. I don't know you at all, but all I read are negative posts, and I can't help think you might just be a negative person. Of course I don't know you at all and could be completely wrong.

It's kind of mind boggling too that you find the need to rail on this movie you hate. I hate plenty of movies, but I just don't waste my energy on them. If I was like you, I'd be on some Thor message board somewhere railing against those movies. I'd rather talk about things I like.

I watched TMNT 3 today because of this thread, and you're insane if you think it's better than anything really... Even the Thor movies are better.
Again you are pushing your OPINIONS on people.He just gave you reasons why he didn't like it atleast respect what he had to say instead of acting like a know it all.Sigh.
The True Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:13 AM   #62
strawberryfields
Hench Mutant
 
strawberryfields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by The True Shredder View Post
Again you are pushing your OPINIONS on people.He just gave you reasons why he didn't like it atleast respect what he had to say instead of acting like a know it all.Sigh.
Some people drink their own urine, some people like TMNT III. Not sure which is worse...
strawberryfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:18 AM   #63
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydbanks7 View Post
Well I don't care if you "work in the industry" the fact that you basically do not like any movie you see is incredibly sad to me. I am so glad I do not go into movies picking a part every little thing, I just sit back, relax and if it entertains me, then it's a good movie to me. This is why I hate critics, and do not listen or care for what they have to say. When you watch a movie, and it makes you laugh, and tear up, and that dropping in on a rollercoaster feeling, that's how I judge movies. That's the way I think everyone should. I don't know you at all, but all I read are negative posts, and I can't help think you might just be a negative person. Of course I don't know you at all and could be completely wrong.

It's kind of mind boggling too that you find the need to rail on this movie you hate. I hate plenty of movies, but I just don't waste my energy on them. If I was like you, I'd be on some Thor message board somewhere railing against those movies. I'd rather talk about things I like.

I watched TMNT 3 today because of this thread, and you're insane if you think it's better than anything really... Even the Thor movies are better.
Of course, why would I expect anything else? Just like Poppy, now that you've realised I'm negative on the movie, I must hate my life and be a sad angry nerd, who just doesn't like anything. I'm pathetic, I'm x, to the y to the z. But we were talking like normal, well adjusted people for a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryfields View Post
Some people drink their own urine, some people like TMNT III. Not sure which is worse...
Neither compare to watching the same children's film 3 times in a row to make sure you didn't miss anything, and then bragging about it.

Last edited by Jester; 08-11-2014 at 04:52 AM. Reason: 2x posts
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:28 AM   #64
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryfields View Post
Some people drink their own urine, some people like TMNT III. Not sure which is worse...


I've never drunk my own urine... though I did once store my own urine in a bottle for a week so I could tip it over the car of a guy who kept parking in my space.

I was... less zen in my youth than I am now.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:34 AM   #65
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
http://www.tickld.com/cdn_image_content/58037.jpg

I've never drunk my own urine... though I did once store my own urine in a bottle for a week so I could tip it over the car of a guy who kept parking in my space.

I was... less zen in my youth than I am now.
Literally the best stage name in the business.
Also one of the best revenge gags I've ever heard. Did it work?
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:41 AM   #66
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Hilariously enough... it did.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:15 AM   #67
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Henson's company didn't do the suits in 2 or 3.
those were the days when sequels had smaller budgets than the original.
They talk about it in the Turtles doc a bit. "Let's do it all again, but for less, because we'll make a lot less money on the sequel."
Interesting. There's your answer right there then.
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:44 AM   #68
strawberryfields
Hench Mutant
 
strawberryfields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Interesting. There's your answer right there then.
But the first turtles movie had a smaller budget than II and III

TMNT 1990: 13.5 million
TMNT II: 24 million
TMNT III: 21 million
strawberryfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:57 AM   #69
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist
 
I Crave Pizza No More's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryfields View Post
But the first turtles movie had a smaller budget than II and III

TMNT 1990: 13.5 million
TMNT II: 24 million
TMNT III: 21 million
Apparently the budget in 2 was to pay for the services of Vanilla Ice and other marketing devices, not to craft better suits, props, stages, etc.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:00 AM   #70
strawberryfields
Hench Mutant
 
strawberryfields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Apparently the budget in 2 was to pay for the services of Vanilla Ice and other marketing devices, not to craft better suits, props, stages, etc.
I feel like the suits in TMNT II were about the same as the first one. I can't tell the difference anyway

That said, I don't know how they pissed away 21 million on the third movie. My guess is someone padded their pockets at the expense of the production
strawberryfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:02 AM   #71
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist
 
Tuxedo Moroboshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Battle Nexus
Posts: 1,127
As disappointed as I am with the new movie, there's nothing that'll knock TMNT 3 from it's number one worst spot. Well, except for "We Wish You a Turtle Christmas", but that wasn't a movie.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:07 AM   #72
Forneus
Thug
 
Forneus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 77
TMNT 2014 for all of it's faults, at least has a kickass looking Shredder and solid action. TMNT III has nada.
__________________
"The sun is a wondrous body. Like a magnificent father. If only I could be so grossly incandescent"
Forneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:15 AM   #73
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior
 
Purse Grabbin Puke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 'merica
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Of course, why would I expect anything else? Just like Poppy, now that you've realised I'm negative on the movie, I must hate my life and be a sad angry nerd, who just doesn't like anything. I'm pathetic, I'm x, to the y to the z. But we were talking like normal, well adjusted people for a minute.
I'm not accusing you of being pathetic or whatever, I said based on the majority of your posts or opinions, and what sounds like you don't like any movies, was sad to me. I said I don't know you, and could be totally wrong, but from what I see here I imagine you as a very negative person. I did also say I could be completely wrong.

I just don't understand why you would waste your energy on something you hate so much, that really has no effect on your life? I used the example of me going into a Thor forum and just bashing it over and over because I hate it. If I was in that mindset I just couldn't be a happy person.
__________________
Oh you don't like my opinion? ---->
Purse Grabbin Puke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:35 AM   #74
Sanjuro
Stone Warrior
 
Sanjuro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 598
TMNT 3 was near the edge of the radar when released, but still managed to sour the remaining fans.
Sanjuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:06 AM   #75
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryfields View Post
I don't know how they pissed away 21 million on the third movie. My guess is someone padded their pockets at the expense of the production
Filming in Japan? Or did they cheat their way through that as well?
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:21 AM   #76
Traximus
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 90
The order goes...

Ninja Turtles 2014

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2

TMNT
Traximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:28 AM   #77
TMNT is cooler than MOTU
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 858
At least 3's plot is kind of cohesive.
__________________


Thank you for getting rid of Hamato Yoshi, Michael Bay and Co.! He was suuuuuper unnecessary.
TMNT is cooler than MOTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:31 AM   #78
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Henson's company didn't do the suits in 2 or 3.
those were the days when sequels had smaller budgets than the original.
They talk about it in the Turtles doc a bit. "Let's do it all again, but for less, because we'll make a lot less money on the sequel."
Pretty sure Henson creature shop did the costumes in SotO since the movie have a "in memory of Jim Henson" tribute.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:39 AM   #79
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Pretty sure Henson creature shop did the costumes in SotO since the movie have a "in memory of Jim Henson" tribute.
Not only that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The building used for the entrance to April's apartment is the office of the New York location of Jim Henson's Creature Shop, which did the animatronics work for the film as well as its predecessor. The film is dedicated to the memory of Jim Henson.
Cool bit of trivia there.

The SotO suits seemed a bit more expressive, too. Looked a bit more "cartoony", but I thought they were great.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:41 AM   #80
Traximus
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT is cooler than MOTU View Post
At least 3's plot is kind of cohesive.
Turtles 3 plot is not bad. The only problem is that it resolves it's conflict in the middle of the movie and has to find new reasons for to justify going on longer by getting the Turtles involved is something they have no stakes in.

The reboot's story is simple. Extremely simple, but it has a clear beginning, middle, end. It lays out the stakes and what each character has to gain or lose, and doesn't lose focus. Not saying it did it all well, but it did it competently.
Traximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.