The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2015, 11:21 PM   #61
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
FYE will get my money when I pick it up used. First and only thing of TMNT I've never dropped a cent on. Not even a figure or a poster. Just wasn't inclined.
Well, crap I did buy a BUNCH of Orange Crush. (Don't tell Raph...)

EDIT: Also OP, don't think I didn't notice the strategic use of "Second Time Around." Well played.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:16 AM   #62
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I quit soda like 5 years ago. That stuff will rot out your insides.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:59 AM   #63
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
I did contemplate on buying one of the basic figures from the movie. Now that our LCS is having a moving sale. But, I decided I've seen enough on reviews, the figures stink, I don't need a perosnal hands-on experience.

I didn't see the first one on cinema, and I might not see this one either, just don't feel excited with it being a continuation of the PD universe.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:11 AM   #64
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I'll admit, there's more about this sequel that I can say has me excited than there was about the 1st movie....but it's not enough for me to buy a ticket.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:51 AM   #65
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
I know everybody wants more ninja-esque Foot soldiers, but even the "commando" Foot soldiers didn't stand a chance against these turtles. Wtf is a dude with a sword gonna do to a giant bulletproof turtle? Poke him in the eye?

Could just be different soldiers for different tasks. There was lots of ninja-type Foot stuff filmed for the first movie, but it was cut. I assume because they removed Sacks as leader of the Foot, those scenes no longer fit.
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 09:26 AM   #66
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
EDIT: Also OP, don't think I didn't notice the strategic use of "Second Time Around." Well played.
::tips hat::

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
I know everybody wants more ninja-esque Foot soldiers, but even the "commando" Foot soldiers didn't stand a chance against these turtles. Wtf is a dude with a sword gonna do to a giant bulletproof turtle? Poke him in the eye?

Could just be different soldiers for different tasks. There was lots of ninja-type Foot stuff filmed for the first movie, but it was cut. I assume because they removed Sacks as leader of the Foot, those scenes no longer fit.
this is where im hoping Green is pursuing more of a soft reboot. im okay with keeping the shells bulletproof, the shells alone, but tone down (a lot) the 'hulk-ness', and we got ourselves a good fight. ninja v ninja.
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 09:52 AM   #67
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
I know everybody wants more ninja-esque Foot soldiers, but even the "commando" Foot soldiers didn't stand a chance against these turtles. Wtf is a dude with a sword gonna do to a giant bulletproof turtle? Poke him in the eye?

Could just be different soldiers for different tasks. There was lots of ninja-type Foot stuff filmed for the first movie, but it was cut. I assume because they removed Sacks as leader of the Foot, those scenes no longer fit.
Basically, it's probably going to be American Ninjas logic: walking in all black karate gi with a Kuzukin, tabi socks and carrying a sword, will give you superpowers and make you a unstoppable killing machine.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:18 PM   #68
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
If I had to guess, I figure these ninjas look like ninjas because they were doing sneaky things, like tailing April. They probably were geared up to face the turtles.

But hey, the "soft-reboot" thing could totally happen. I don't want to sound like I'm denying the possibility. I don't know if they want confusing continuity issues, though. Like, "Why are the turtles small and not bulletproof, but the movies still called TMNT 2?" I seriously doubt they'd do that. BUT, in terms of franchise structure and reboots of comic book movies, they're trying everything, these days.
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:55 PM   #69
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
FYE will get my money when I pick it up used. First and only thing of TMNT I've never dropped a cent on. Not even a figure or a poster. Just wasn't inclined.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
I would have bought so much, just like for The Dark Knight, if this movie looked/was at all good.

Drowned myself in promo stuff. Pizza Hut pizza, Crush soda.

Saved so much money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Yep. It'll take a monumental goddamn overhaul to even get me to CONSIDER being positive about this thing.

Foot Ninjas looking like Foot Ninjas? About goddamn time. I'm not going to jerk them off because they did one thing right when it should have been done to begin with.

Megan Fox is still April, Stephen Amell is still a bland-looking Casey. And the Turtles will still look like this movie's Turtles.

Yeah, no. I saw it at home, for free. They didn't get a dime out of me.
Pretty much. I don't get this 2014 movie fans saying us "haters" will flock the movies to see when almost literally everyone of us just watched it for free. And yeah i wouldn't spend a cent on anything from this iteration.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 03:30 PM   #70
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
put me down on the saw but didnt pay for the first movie crowd...wont pay for this one either


also people need to move away from this random idea its a soft reboot



its not , its a driect sequel. there is nothing reboot about it, they are just ignoring facts they put in themselves

you dont reboot full or soft with the entire original cast...the most recent tmnt soft reboot is 2007...it was established characters in a new story
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:05 PM   #71
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Yeah, I'm another one who didn't pay to see it - I'm not even sure if I'm going to watch the second one, even for the purposes of being able to mock it with impunity. You reach a point where the spork factor of mind-numbing stupidity is outweighed by the pain of actually enduring it.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:07 PM   #72
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Yeah, I'm another one who didn't pay to see it - I'm not even sure if I'm going to watch the second one, even for the purposes of being able to mock it with impunity. You reach a point where the spork factor of mind-numbing stupidity is outweighed by the pain of actually enduring it.
I reached that point about 40 minutes into the first movie.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:37 AM   #73
Walkabout
Stone Warrior
 
Walkabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 556
I still haven't seen the first Bay Turtles movie (and have no inclination to)

I might end up checking this one out, but I'm very sceptical to say the least.
__________________
"When did Mickey become Sherk?" -Ralph


R.I.P. Dave Brockie A.K.A. Oderus Urungus
None But The Brave
Walkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:43 AM   #74
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkabout View Post
I still haven't seen the first Bay Turtles movie (and have no inclination to)

I might end up checking this one out, but I'm very sceptical to say the least.
There's a RiffTrax version, if you're a MiSTie.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:50 AM   #75
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Here's a foot Ninja

__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:43 AM   #76
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Eh, he looks underwhelming with the early 2000's superhero looking get-up. And no bug eyes. Hopefully, if they do introduce more ninjas looking Foot, they need the bug eyes, it's a part of the franchise.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:00 AM   #77
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Works for me! I approve.

Now PD needs to improve on other parts of the first movie... like having a coherent script, not ripping off Amazing Spiderman, and actually giving Shredder and Splinter backstory.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:59 AM   #78
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
is that ninja wearing leather pants
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:13 AM   #79
NYShell
Stone Warrior
 
NYShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Okay, that Foot Ninja looks like an actual modern, fictional ninja. Thumbs up for something in this flick after all. Idk, maybe I'm getting my hopes up, but I think Dave Green is taking this in a better direction than Jonathan Liebesman did.
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons."


** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:33 AM   #80
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYShell View Post
Okay, that Foot Ninja looks like an actual modern, fictional ninja. Thumbs up for something in this flick after all. Idk, maybe I'm getting my hopes up, but I think Dave Green is taking this in a better direction than Jonathan Liebesman did.
Agreed.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
the foot


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.