The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2015, 10:26 AM   #61
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
Indeed it does. ("The Ultimate Visual History"). It even has a photograph of him wearing one of Shredder's gauntlets.
Sacks is also Shredder in the video game based off the movie, and the Japanese trailer used Fichtner's voice during Shredder's bits.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:13 AM   #62
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Sacks is also Shredder in the video game based off the movie, and the Japanese trailer used Fichtner's voice during Shredder's bits.
I find that strange. The ONE place they use it...when the character everyone else heard is supposed to be of Japanese decent. (Edit: I guess maybe they might have been concerned if they'd gotten it right, being an American-made movie and all. Kinda strikes me as looking like 'American greed' though, changing who Shredder is.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:34 PM   #63
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Not this again. Turtles. Have. Noses!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Yeah, really. Who cares about the noses. That's the least of our worries.
if you wanna get technical, turtles have nostrils and beaks, not noses


while yes cubed is a little over the top with his hatred, i to am not a fan of the Human noses on the turtles...granted i just dont like the whole desgin but yea...the noses are the deal breaker..if they didnt have those i might warm up to them more
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:41 PM   #64
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Yeah, really. Who cares about the noses. That's the least of our worries.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
if you wanna get technical, turtles have nostrils and beaks, not noses


while yes cubed is a little over the top with his hatred, i to am not a fan of the Human noses on the turtles...granted i just dont like the whole desgin but yea...the noses are the deal breaker..if they didnt have those i might warm up to them more
Semantics. There's still nostrils and they're allowed to be there. Beaks are noses to them. Don't let such a small and insignificant thing get in the way of something you'll no doubt hate anyway.
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42

Last edited by THGhost; 06-15-2015 at 01:00 PM.
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:45 PM   #65
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Exactly.



Semantics. There's still nostrils and they're allowed to be there.
oh i agree, i like how the OOTS game gave the turtles nostrils and i think it worked just fine...just not the whole nose, ya know
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:02 PM   #66
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
oh i agree, i like how the OOTS game gave the turtles nostrils and i think it worked just fine...just not the whole nose, ya know
I don't mind them. They're barely noticeable to me. They can easily be changed I guess. I'm sure PD are aware of people's complaints regarding the turtles' designs. The only problem I have is their height.
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:16 PM   #67
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
oh i agree, i like how the OOTS game gave the turtles nostrils and i think it worked just fine...just not the whole nose, ya know
Agreed. The OOTS nostrils weren't bad and their faces still looked pretty pleasing. Their faces in the Bay movie were just too human. Mikey especially looked like Alfred E. Neuman from MAD Magazine which was just gross. They have grown on me a bit but man, I wish we would've gotten better designs from the get go.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:46 PM   #68
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Mikey especially looked like Alfred E. Neuman from MAD Magazine which was just gross.
Hadn't noticed that, but he really kinda does.

(Edit: *cough* Wrong color, but that is spooky... http://madcoversite.com/mad291.html )

I just wish we'd seen the designs waaaay sooner than we did. Fairly used to them now, but took a while.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:57 PM   #69
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Except we have an actual actor (Danny Woodburn) saying that the plot was was exactly the same as what was originally shot except for Sacks and Shredder being separate characters.
But what about the original trailer with Sacks saying he was trying to create heroes, or talk of a scene involving Foot Ninja being pumped full of mutagen? I think there was more changed than simply making Sacks not Shredder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I find that strange. The ONE place they use it...when the character everyone else heard is supposed to be of Japanese decent.
They also did it in the French trailer.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:52 PM   #70
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Hadn't noticed that, but he really kinda does.

(Edit: *cough* Wrong color, but that is spooky... http://madcoversite.com/mad291.html )

I just wish we'd seen the designs waaaay sooner than we did. Fairly used to them now, but took a while.
If we did see them sooner, maybe we could've complained enough for them to make significant changes to their faces or maybe not. All in all, I have to say, Leo's face in the movie turned out the best. Still not great but tolerable.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 04:08 PM   #71
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Even just leaving them as they are, just wish I'd had longer to come to terms with it beforehand. They took so damn long to even get trailers out there.

At the risk of sounding melodramatic, I was something akin to somewhat devastated there for a while. I can laugh at it now as I've come around a lot since then, but that was not an easy grieving period. lol Just grateful my fave is often considered to have turned out the best visually, that helps.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 04:51 PM   #72
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
I don't mind them. They're barely noticeable to me. They can easily be changed I guess. I'm sure PD are aware of people's complaints regarding the turtles' designs. The only problem I have is their height.
for me if given the choice to change one thing, personally id rather it the faces

yes the heights bother me as well but


a characters face whether it be human,animal or creature is what draws you to either like or hate, or fear them....clearly these turtles on looks alone have put quite the division among fans as the very walls of this forum show

Kruger or maskless vorhess wouldnt be the hero of a film, extreme i know but catch my drift?

id be willing to bet that if the faces where more "normal" like say more classic turtle look with only a slight subtle change, the other design issues would easily be brushed off


sadly subtlety is not bays strong point
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle

Last edited by The Boston Ninja Turtle; 06-15-2015 at 05:20 PM.
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:59 PM   #73
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist
 
Technogeek29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,486
First thing I get rid of is Don's glasses Mike ' s pants, Hoodie around the waist Raph ' s stupid sunglasses (he's nocturnal why?) And last but not least the shoe's.
__________________
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:53 PM   #74
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Even just leaving them as they are, just wish I'd had longer to come to terms with it beforehand. They took so damn long to even get trailers out there. :roll
For sure. The promotion was pretty terrible at first. It was almost like they were embarrassed to show anything.

Quote:
At the risk of sounding melodramatic, I was something akin to somewhat devastated there for a while. I can laugh at it now as I've come around a lot since then, but that was not an easy grieving period. lol Just grateful my fave is often considered to have turned out the best visually, that helps.
Too bad my favorite didn't fare too well with the face. I don't think Raph was hideous but the nostrils were a little too close together. It made them look a little too human. At least it was toned down a bit because his nose used to look like a gorilla from some of the earlier images. Kind of doesn't make any sense to change them now unless it's very minute.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:22 PM   #75
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
I think Raph must have a little bulldog DNA in there or something, the narrower nose design on he and Mikey both just look a bit puppy-ish to me.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:34 AM   #76
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I think Raph must have a little bulldog DNA in there or something, the narrower nose design on he and Mikey both just look a bit puppy-ish to me.
Cute. I can see it now that you mention it. Raph's nose looking wet also helped with the puppy dog look.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tmnt 2


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.