The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2004, 05:59 AM   #61
GK Punk
I'm your Devil
 
GK Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
lmao
So true...
...but as a kid it ruled!
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 09:38 AM   #62
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
I liked the movie as a kid as well. Now it's just feels too cheesy, but it's the same thing with most of other children's movies too.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 06:54 PM   #63
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist
 
jeff the cheff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 122 and an eighth
Posts: 2,129
I still like child humor now, so i can stand the second movie, and I love it. Most people my age can still enjoy that movie, it's still a good movie!!
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 08:32 PM   #64
GK Punk
I'm your Devil
 
GK Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
Well when I watch it now, I think it's a cute kids movie, and can stand it.
But I don't get nearly as much enjoyment out of it as I used to, not even close.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 10:38 AM   #65
GRiM
Mouser
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 7
I think the Super Shredder part was way too short. All he did was kill himself! Bah!
__________________
There can be no light without darkness, nor darkness without light.
GRiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 10:58 AM   #66
Valorxii
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 181
see i think all of your complaints would be more valid if it wasnt meant comedy. its like complaining that the old cartoon wasnt violent enough.

if you wanted to argue technical, we could go on about the turtles not having pupils in the new cartoon.

just as it was an artistic choice, i think this was a producers choice. to have shredder back. i dont think it would have been as appealing without him, as a kid or not.
Valorxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 11:12 AM   #67
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches
 
That Matt Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 5,840
But there is a thing known as continuity. You can't kill a character in one movie, and then have them back virtually unscaved in the next.
That Matt Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 11:44 AM   #68
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Well I guess that they thought kids wouldn't care how Shredder came back as long as he did. It would be a different tstory if they would have made a film with more serious tone.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 12:45 PM   #69
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,407
Exactly, with the new Batman film coming out, it's completly new continunity, if there is a fourth film, it really would'nt be.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 09:34 PM   #70
Valorxii
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 181
there ya go. Its liek when team rocket flies away into the star, I think they would die on impact.

but yeah if it took itself more serious, then we should as well.
Valorxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 01:52 AM   #71
FALLEN ELDOR
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 298
I always just accepted that shredder was just that damn bad that he could survive a fall like that!

I like the second film more then the first, I do wish it wasn't so colorful and had more weapon based combat like the first one, but I though the story was fine. I thought the comedy level was consistent with the first one. What was so cartoony about 2? (other then super shredder heh)

The third one had some bad dialog and even worse costumes, but at least they had more weapon based combat! the worst part of TMNT 3 was the ending I still don't understand why the hell Walker just ran away like a sissy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady
I'd say a year or so. Maybe he hibernated in the garbage the whole time haha.. They never really touch on the timeline.... if it were only a week or so, she sure got an apartment set up pretty damn quick.
I doubt April would be able to stand 5 mutants living in her small apartment for a year...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew138
Did the Turtles even mention anything like "How did Shredder survive" in the second movie? I remember Raph talking about how Shredder fell off the building (He spoke of it as if it happened a long time ago, which makes me wonder how long Shredder lounged out in that junkpile)
I always figured being the "highest paid reporter" in NY, she has a couple pay check advancements, found a nice high end apartment over the weekend and had the new furniture delivered right away. Took a few days for the foot to regroup and for shredder to regain consciousness. I would say less then a week, 3-4 days
__________________
The first movie was a perfect balance between the adult comics and the children's cartoon!
FALLEN ELDOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 07:52 AM   #72
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches
 
That Matt Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 5,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by FALLEN ELDOR
What was so cartoony about 2? (other then super shredder heh)
Everything! The TMNT obssesing about pizza, Tokka and Razar, the fight at the TGRI lab, dancing, Vanilla Ice, dumb ass foot soldiers, Keno... the list continues.
That Matt Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:09 AM   #73
GK Punk
I'm your Devil
 
GK Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
Hrm. This isn't right with out leo chiming in:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656
I already came up with the perfect "Director's Cut" ending for TMNT2, some ways back.

The TMNT face off against SuperShredder, when suddenly, Shredder removes his mask and helmet to reveal KEVIN NASH himself. Nash's "nWo Wolfpac" Music plays as he proceeds to JackKnife Power Bomb each of the TMNT off the pier in rapid-fire succession. Hell, he could take out Vanilla Ice too, for good measure. Of course, there's still ten minutes left in the movie, so Kev proceeds to dip into his usal bag of tricks as he stands in front of the camera, mic in hand... tossing his hair, making jokes about Scott Hall being in rehab, "shout-outs to HBK", jokes about Lex Luger and Viagra, and statements like "the only thing real about this movie is the money"... this continues through the closing credits, with Kev not stopping even after he is cut off by the screen fading to black.

If the movie ended that way, it woulda been Oscar-worthy. Seriously.
There. Much better.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:10 AM   #74
J Legault
Mad Scientist
 
J Legault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,054
When I first saw the sequal on video, I didn't seem to have any problems with the whole Secret of Ooze.

I'm a type of a person that would go for great movies or movies that have alot of comedy with bazar charaters.

But I don't care what other people think about the movies I sometimes see.

And the 2nd one is still my favorite, along with the 3rd and original.

So I don't take any advice from other people on how good movies are.
__________________
I am a fan of TMNT and I'm still one today.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 03:18 AM   #75
FALLEN ELDOR
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew138
Quote:
Originally Posted by FALLEN ELDOR
What was so cartoony about 2? (other then super shredder heh)
Everything! The TMNT obssesing about pizza, Tokka and Razar, the fight at the TGRI lab, dancing, Vanilla Ice, dumb ass foot soldiers, Keno... the list continues.
They where as obsessed in the first one about Pizza. Tokka and Razar where awesome costumes and where very believable there childish nature was funny and not over the top at all. The fights at the TGRI lab was a bit comedic as was the opening fights, but I said the fights could have been better before. Vanilla Ice was hot at the time, it wasn't that out of place. the foot did seam less formidable what was wrong with Keno?
__________________
The first movie was a perfect balance between the adult comics and the children's cartoon!
FALLEN ELDOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 03:29 AM   #76
Halfshell
Stone Warrior
 
Halfshell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Wouldn't U Like To Know
Posts: 531
did Walker get away or did he die? This still puzzles me...
__________________

"Post quickly and fade away into the shadow"
Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 03:41 AM   #77
FALLEN ELDOR
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 298
English Casey blasted the ground he was standing on with a canon, and walker fell off the side of the into the water. I always wish he would have said "oops" doing it
__________________
The first movie was a perfect balance between the adult comics and the children's cartoon!
FALLEN ELDOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 04:27 AM   #78
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches
 
That Matt Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 5,840
Keno was "filler" for Casey Jones.
That Matt Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 04:28 AM   #79
Halfshell
Stone Warrior
 
Halfshell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Wouldn't U Like To Know
Posts: 531
huh?
__________________

"Post quickly and fade away into the shadow"
Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 04:33 AM   #80
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches
 
That Matt Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 5,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfshell
huh?
^^

He was a sorry replacement for Casey. Get it now?
That Matt Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.