The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2003, 06:30 AM   #1
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches
 
That Matt Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 5,840
Shredder? But... How?

He got crushed to death in the first movie (I assume), and then he came out of a pile of garbage in the second movie. WTF? Was he just sitting in that trash heap the whole time? HOW DID HE SURVIVE GETTING SMASHED? Any ideas?
That Matt Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 06:49 AM   #2
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
News flash, Second TMNT movies is full of stupid things that doesn't make sense, thats not even the biggest.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 07:08 AM   #3
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches
 
That Matt Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 5,840
It is the worst. He shouldn't even be living in the second one.
That Matt Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 07:23 AM   #4
Taloniss
Mad Scientist
 
Taloniss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,819
His armor protected him? I dunno, best I could come up with.
Taloniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 07:44 AM   #5
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
I remember that the official explanation was that his Helmet protected his Brain. Thats funny considering that we saw how the helmet was crushed.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 08:40 AM   #6
Hannah
Once more, with feeling!
 
Hannah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,111
actually, we saw his mask being crushed.
__________________
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 08:45 AM   #7
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
If by mask you mean the mouth covering part, he wasn't wearing it when he fell into the truck.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 08:46 AM   #8
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches
 
That Matt Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 5,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpo_007
I remember that the official explanation was that his Helmet protected his Brain. Thats funny considering that we saw how the helmet was crushed.
What about the rest of his body.
That Matt Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 08:50 AM   #9
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Beats me. Thats just the brilliance of Secret of the Ooze.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 09:04 AM   #10
Valorxii
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 181
if the movie took itself more seriously then i think we could too. but at the moment i dont think we need to worry about it.
Valorxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 09:15 AM   #11
J Legault
Mad Scientist
 
J Legault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,054
I don't recall any questions on how he survived.

The secret of the Ooze is good to me. I know that Shredder in the sequal has more heavier helmet and different armor. But I did think the New Line Co. shouldn't take those Complant letters about how wrong the first movie was, seriously.

Anyway I have nothing against sequal's plot.
__________________
I am a fan of TMNT and I'm still one today.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 09:16 AM   #12
spikealike
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 186
I always loved the bit where he got crushed. Just the way Casey says 'oops!'
spikealike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 11:27 AM   #13
Nosferatu
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 283
My only idea of how Shredder may have survived is that Casey didn't let it flatten all the way (though he did) and Shredder was caught in an empty space.

Okay, so my theory sucks shell. It's best not to put too much thought into it.
Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 11:52 AM   #14
Dontebell
Stone Warrior
 
Dontebell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Flint,Mi
Posts: 819
maybe he immortal just like in the new cartoon.
hey did really happen in the comic?
Dontebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 11:54 AM   #15
Stone Ill
Mad Scientist
 
Stone Ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 2,397
No.
Stone Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 12:16 PM   #16
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
well you no, only hids helmet went bye by. Which means they left it open ended!! There is noting wrong iwth the second movie.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 12:52 PM   #17
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches
 
That Matt Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 5,840
He should have been dead. There shouldn't have been a Secret to the Ooze. The movie franchise should have stopped right there, with Shredder getting pulverized.
That Matt Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 01:04 PM   #18
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
That or make aworthy sequel.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 01:09 PM   #19
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
what do you people mean? The second one was good. And it was worthey!!!! Would you pleople please stop rediculing the turtles!!!!
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 01:30 PM   #20
Hannah
Once more, with feeling!
 
Hannah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,111
No, the shredder was holding his mask in his hand as he fell. Once he landed, Casey came, pulled the lever, and went "oops!" sarcastically, crushing shred's armour; his mask. I agree With P.P. The second movie was very good. though i don't have the same to say 'bout the third...
__________________
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.