The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #781
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Questions for Ubisoft

Next week at Comic-Con I'm going to have 1-on-1 time with someone at Ubisoft whom I can talk to about the upcoming games. They need to know what kind of questions I want to ask to know who I should meet with. If you have questions you'd like answers for, post them here.

I just need quick ideas right now (before tomorrow), but I'll collect questions until Monday. You can post here or PM me.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:54 PM   #782
Blade Raider
Mad Scientist
 
Blade Raider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Next week at Comic-Con I'm going to have 1-on-1 time with someone at Ubisoft whom I can talk to about the upcoming games. They need to know what kind of questions I want to ask to know who I should meet with. If you have questions you'd like answers for, post them here.

I just need quick ideas right now (before tomorrow), but I'll collect questions until Monday. You can post here or PM me.
How about seeing if they can give us the number of playable characters (including unlockables) or at least an estimate of how much are in it.

I'd also like to know all the modes they'll include with maybe a brief description.

I'd also like to know the bottom line on OT characters (Bebop, Rocksteady, and Krang), but I doubt they'll answer that.
__________________
Blade Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #783
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I thought they were gonna have the big bad ass Fugitoid... his regular form is so geeky.
Smash ball!

wait.. smash-up ball!
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:57 PM   #784
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist
 
Tuxedo Moroboshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Battle Nexus
Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
I'd also like to know the bottom line on OT characters (Bebop, Rocksteady, and Krang), but I doubt they'll answer that.
Ya, it does seem doubtful they'd answer that... but maybe if it were worded right. Like, instead of asking for specific characters, maybe if the question were phrased more along the lines of, "What are the chances of seeing characters from the old 1987 cartoon?" or something like that.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:22 PM   #785
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,178
They obviously aren't going to answer how many characters there will be, however she can ask "how large is the character roster going to be, will it be as big as Brawl or have we seen the majority of the characters already?"


If she asks about OT characters then it'd be better if she asked it more along the lines of "You announced the game wouldn't be influenced by any one universe and you'd take stuff from all the TMNT legacy, however most of the stuff you've shown is from the 2007 movie or the 2003 show, are we going to see anything from the original show?"


and as a follow up question "What about more obscure TMNT stuff like Archie/TNM/live action movies?"



I don't know how familiar Rose is to interviewing people but they already have a set of things they are going to respond to so that they don't really reveal anything they don't want to yet. You have to be careful how you ask or they'll answer your question with something completely irrelevant.

The original cartoon characters question has already been asked quite a few times and they always danced around the question with the same answer which was something like this "The game is not based on any one universe of the turtle so we were given the freedom to incorporate any characters"


They obviously are not going to answer the question if OT characters have not been confirmed yet, but at least the way I worded the question you have a better chance of getting a different answer than the stock answer.



Some questions I have:
Can you turn the glow off?
will there be a large selection of stages?
Will characters have multiple skins (mention the gamestop pre-order is saying it has exclusive skins)
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #786
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Some questions I have:
Can you turn the glow off?
will there be a large selection of stages?
Will characters have multiple skins (mention the gamestop pre-order is saying it has exclusive skins)
These are all very important questions. Glow toggle and skins in particular. If I absolutely have to play the game with a) the glow and b) the terrible cg movie models, I will never get this game.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:14 PM   #787
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
I'm pretty sure at one point they confirmed Glow can be turned off on the options screen, or at least they said they're "looking into it". Then again, whenever someone said they're "looking into it" at work, it never gets done.....
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:31 PM   #788
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist
 
Tuxedo Moroboshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Battle Nexus
Posts: 1,127
I can't find the article offhand, but it was indeed confirmed that not only can the glow be turned off, but customized as well.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #789
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
It's already been confirmed that the glow is toggleable so please don't waste time asking about that unless you run out of questions. Also, people who have played the game have said that the demo allowed players to change the color of the glow. I've at least seen player 4 with a yellow and purple glow at different times.

EDIT: Doh, sniped by Clown.

EDIT x2: Okay, I have some ideas/questions for you, Rose. Use them, modify them, or ignore them as you will:

1. It's been rumored from someone who talked to Ubisoft at E3 that there will be a tag-team mode. Maybe you could get some details on that. How many characters can be in the team? Can we swap characters in and out at will, or do they just come out after your current character dies? Things like that. If they'll tell you anything about additional game-modes, then that would be nice too.

2. This game is supposed to focus a lot more on combos than the Smash Bros series did. How in-depth is the combo system? About how many combos does each character have on average?

3. Super Smash Bros Brawl didn't give players many options when playing against random opponents online; if you wanted to customize your match at all, you had to play against people in your friends list. Will Smash Up allow any more customization to online matches against random people than Brawl had? Will it be possible to play against random people online with more than one player on your own console (in Brawl, you could only do this with friends)?

EDIT x3: One more question...

4. Will there be any sort of tournament mode or leader boards online?

Last edited by The Shelf; 07-16-2009 at 08:14 PM.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:11 AM   #790
MrDizzyDEE
Foot Soldier
 
MrDizzyDEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the bushes catching wild Pokemon
Posts: 128
I would have to say that Bebop/Rocksteady has a good chanc e of being in the game because of thier appearance in the upcoming series that they are showing. Hopefully, if they are put in, they won't have that horrible CG movie skin put on them.
MrDizzyDEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:28 AM   #791
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
I'm sure it's been said before, but I missed it. Why just the Wii? Why not expand to Xbox and PS3?
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:45 AM   #792
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist
 
Tuxedo Moroboshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Battle Nexus
Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
I'm sure it's been said before, but I missed it. Why just the Wii? Why not expand to Xbox and PS3?
I don't think it'd make a lot of sense to release it on the PS3 if they're also releasing it on the PS2.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #793
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Prince of Crime View Post
I don't think it'd make a lot of sense to release it on the PS3 if they're also releasing it on the PS2.
It would make sense; most PS3s are no longer backward compatible with PS2.

The new Harry Potter game is available on EVERY system, including PS2 & PS3.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:54 AM   #794
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist
 
Tuxedo Moroboshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Battle Nexus
Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
It would make sense; most PS3s are no longer backward compatible with PS2.

The new Harry Potter game is available on EVERY system, including PS2 & PS3.
Hmm, then I suppose it does make sense, in a way.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:41 AM   #795
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
A lot of multi platform games get released on PS2 and PS3. Mostly the licensed ones that come out for everything.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:39 PM   #796
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDizzyDEE View Post
Hopefully, if they are put in, they won't have that horrible CG movie skin put on them.
How would that happen? They weren't even in the mother fu*ker.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #797
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
Most important question... ANY OT characters in the game whatsoever... and if not.. why go with the OT type logo then?
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:16 PM   #798
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Thanks for all the questions everyone! You can keep 'em coming through Monday if you think of any more; I'll work on compiling them all as I finish packing. Details are still being worked out, but it sounds as if I'll be chatting with someone on Thursday. It might not be until a week later until I can get it all online, though, so just be patient if you don't see anything right away.

Remember to follow @ninjapizza throughout the con for live Tweets, though. I'll try to spill 140-character tidbits here and there.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #799
Blade Raider
Mad Scientist
 
Blade Raider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,221


Why didn't I think of this earlier?
__________________
Blade Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:37 PM   #800
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
Why didn't I think of this earlier?
Because Usagi should be that rabbit.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ubisoft


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.