![]() |
|
|
#781 |
|
Wacky Action
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
|
There are no laws against Squirrels and Sponges getting frisky.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#782 |
|
Something from the Past
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
|
Geez, ya leave the board for an hour and more startling info is released.
I'm not happy that Donny is taller and goofier. As if the TMNT aren't anthropomorphic enough. So Nick thinks all smarter kids are tall and doofy. If they really change Don's character, that's a deal breaker for me. I don't even mind the Donny/April arc, I always thought it was cool when Don crushed on April. But making Don goofy and tall giving life to a stale stereotype is not cool and I'm going to be one unhappy dude if that is the case. Can somebody else give an account of Don's personality change, please? And here I am thinking that the Donny drawing Alex did was just Don being shocked by some cool information. Maybe it's just him being goofy. I guess I'll wait and see... |
|
|
|
|
|
#783 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#784 |
|
Leo-holic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
|
Wow. Thanks for the info, guys. I'm not too thrilled with April being a teenager because I always saw her as a mother figure or a sister figure to the guys. I just like her as the older type of person. However, if they don't change it, I'll still watch. Don having a crush on her is nothing new since we saw this in the 2K3 toon.
The Kraang? Wow. That's pretty cool. Can't wait to see that. As for Splinter being taller, I'm not too fussed about it. I'll get used to it. As long as he's still a father figure to the guys and a good fighter, I'll be happy. I'm not mad about him being human either since he was like that in the OT. It's not that big of a deal. I'd rather have that than no Splinter at all.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One. "Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson. |
|
|
|
|
|
#785 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 573
|
Dang...just finished reading this thread, all 40 pages, took me a couple of days but it was some interesting reading thats for sure.
Thanks JoeGro, even though your opinions arent with the majority of people on here if it wasnt for you us fans who didnt go to Nickelodeon wouldnt know about most of this info since you took the time to find out what you could and couldnt talk about. I'm glad we all know more about what the new changes "could" be. This is a lot to digest...especially these new possible changes. I'm off to read Rose's blog now before I share any of my thoughts on the possible changes. |
|
|
|
|
|
#786 |
|
無問題
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
|
Wow, how did I miss this nugget. You're totally right.
I guess I kept getting distracted by the extra "o".
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#787 |
|
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 81
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#788 |
|
Technodrome Technician
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
|
JoeGro I completely understand u now, and agree with you, while this is still TMNT from the sounds of it, It sounds like they may bomb this. Few thing are a must change.
Pros -Strong storyline -originality -great character story for splinter -Excellent voice actors from what I am told -Original StoryLine (Must tip my hat for not following other TMNT, this will be original and good from the sounds of it) -Shredder=BA!!! -Utroms getting a new spin! -Kc being 18-20 would be interesting Cons -Third Toe (Obvious) -April being 16(Deal Breaker, I think 18-22 would be ideal bc she could be that older sister/mother-figure.Freshman in College?) -April wanna be Bella? No Thank u!!! -Splinter being ridiculouly taller (Makes him seem more reliable on his size, I dont mind about the same height, but a foot taller???) -Don being tall and Goofy(This is my biggest fuss, Makes Mikey less special, Raph should be tallest.) -KC short hair???? This show could go either way, but I shall remain quietly hopeful Thank you JoeGro, I dont think u used the right tone, but ur heart was in the right place.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015 http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Last edited by Redeemer; 04-06-2011 at 11:55 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#789 | |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
Quote:
2. Splinter's not that much taller. According to one of those who saw him (Machi...was it you?) the height difference between Don and Splinter is negligible. 3. "Goofy" is also a very loaded word. When I hear it I think gaucky or gangly, awkward if you will. I can understand you not liking Donnie being tallest, that's your right. I'm of the exact opposite persuasion. I see Don as tall and lanky, Leo as slightly shorter and muscular ala Bruce Lee, Raph is shorter than Leo, but bigger muscularly, like a body builder...but not so big. Mikey is hard to pin down for me in this regard. I think he should be the shortest, maybe the quickest most agile...*shrugs* 4. That's mainly a animation issue. Heck if he doesn't show up till season 2. (which is something I'm not to fond of, but I'll live) maybe they'll have enough of an advance in tech to pull off long hair.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#790 | |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#791 |
|
無問題
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
|
What the hell is a Bella and why do I keep seeing it compared to April?
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#792 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
Bella Swan, the main character in the Twilight "Saga", for lack of a better term.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#793 |
|
Leo-holic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
|
Ah, Jester beat me to it. Yes, there are some who are comparing April to Bella because of the crush aspect. As far as I'm concerned they are two separate characters and shouldn't be mixed in the same vein. Besides, as stated before, Don has the crush on April, and I can't see it going anywhere. Bella was infatuated with Edward from the start, but I don't see April doing this. She doesn't seem like the type. But whatever.
And before you ask, yes, I'm a Twilight fan.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One. "Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson. |
|
|
|
|
|
#794 |
|
The Agenda of Existing
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
|
April will never be a "Bella", that thing is a horrible sociopath with so many issues she makes comic Baxter look like a saint.
The only thing that have struck me as odd is the third toe, mainly because we did not see it in the artworks that have been shown. The rest, I'm fine with it. It's different and new, and if I don't like it I won't see it and instead re-read City at War. |
|
|
|
|
|
#795 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
|
Quote:
I don't understand why they added a third toe. I think it is funny looking. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#796 | |||
|
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
|
Quote:
__________________
------------------------------------------------------ Quote:
Quote:
|
|||
|
|
|
|
|
#797 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
Not to totally change the subject...but didn't Casey have short hair until the 1st TMNT movie?
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#798 | ||
|
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
|
It's not looking too long on the cover of Raphael #1. Just...kind of crazy and sticking out in every direction.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------ Quote:
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#799 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
Yeah, I was looking in the RPG guide...kind short there too.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#800 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
|
The Raphael #1 hair is pretty damn awesome. It's definitely got a bit of a funny side to it, but it works for Casey.
If they wanted to go a completely new route, I think a shaved head may work as well. Not down to the skin, but pretty close. |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| 2k12, nick |
|
|