The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2015, 05:32 PM   #821
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
There's some messed up stuff coming:
http://toynewsi.com//news.php?itemid=24235
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 02-14-2015 at 05:54 PM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 05:47 PM   #822
tmntfanuk
Foot Soldier
 
tmntfanuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
If you take them at their word (let's do so for the sake of argument), Playmates said they'd do one if the serpent version "did well". Since she's not officially out in most venues, this has yet to have the potential to occur.
Yes, I heard. But its playmates. Not holding my breath.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view...rt=40&sl=24235

New Casey Jones car with a new Casey Jones figure with his normal human face.
Oh wow! I hope that fig comes out!
tmntfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 05:50 PM   #823
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfanuk View Post
Yes, I heard. But its playmates. Not holding my breath.





Oh wow! I hope that fig comes out!
That Casey Figure is coming out you have to buy the Car in order to get him.I don't think its gonna be released as just Casey.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:05 PM   #824
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Soooo TNI opted not to photograph the pet set or Savanti Romero...? WTF
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:05 PM   #825
tmntfanuk
Foot Soldier
 
tmntfanuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
That Casey Figure is coming out you have to buy the Car in order to get him.I don't think its gonna be released as just Casey.
Yeah, I figured that. May see if I can hunt for it on ebay. May get it and put the car on ebay, lol.


Also. Just looked through those images, even the half shell heroes now have a human karai. Ugh. Maybe playmates will make good on the regular line. *shrug*
tmntfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:08 PM   #826
mexichrist83
Hench Mutant
 
mexichrist83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view...rt=40&sl=24235

New Casey Jones car with a new Casey Jones figure with his normal human face.
What the sh!t is this? So, Casey can get yet another figure in the line but we can not get a human Karai figure with or without a vehicle? There is absolutely NO excuse why we can't get a human Karai figure now. Why doesn't Playmates just throw a human Karai figure with a vehicle if they are so concerned about whether or not a Karai figure will sell? If they feel like the characters are not strong enough on their own and need a gimmick just to get them to sell put her with figure with a vehicle. I know I'd be happy to buy her with or without a vehicle.

This is just another example of how toy companies think that just because the figure is of a girl it will not sell. Really lame!
mexichrist83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:13 PM   #827
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowbones83 View Post
What the sh!t is this? So, Casey can get yet another figure in the line but we can not get a human Karai figure with or without a vehicle? There is absolutely NO excuse why we can't get a human Karai figure now. Why doesn't Playmates just throw a human Karai figure with a vehicle if they are so concerned about whether or not a Karai figure will sell? If they feel like the characters are not strong enough on their own and need a gimmick just to get them to sell put her with figure with a vehicle. I know I'd be happy to buy her with or without a vehicle.

This is just another example of how toy companies think that just because the figure is of a girl it will not sell. Really lame!
Playmates has said numerous times if Snake Karai does well they will consider making human Karai. Another Casey is good because this one has just his normal unpainted face.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:35 PM   #828
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
\

What...the....
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:39 PM   #829
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,164
Playmates needs to just focus on getting characters from the show into toy form not make 1000000000000 different versions of the 4 turtles.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:45 PM   #830
mexichrist83
Hench Mutant
 
mexichrist83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Playmates has said numerous times if Snake Karai does well they will consider making human Karai. Another Casey is good because this one has just his normal unpainted face.
I know that Playmates has said that we will get a human Karai figure if the mutant version sells well but we shouldn't have to wait and see how that figure sells just to get a human version. Yes, it's cool that we are getting another Casey figure sans faceprint and mask but that's a lame excuse for them to not make one. The figure could sell very well and they most likely will not make one. I can almost guarantee that we will not see a human Karai figure. If Playmates actually produces a human Karai figure I'll eat my own head.
mexichrist83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:46 PM   #831
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Half shell heroes are getting Human Karai, Biotroid, and Pigeon Pete. And Autobot Benz, what figures would you LIKE to see that aren't already confirmed, because Playmates covered pretty much everyone besides the creep, who is probably going to be revealed at SDCC.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:48 PM   #832
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Half shell heroes are getting Human Karai, Biotroid, and Pigeon Pete. And Autobot Benz, what figures would you LIKE to see that aren't already confirmed, because Playmates covered pretty much everyone besides the creep, who is probably going to be revealed at SDCC.
Id like to see Human Karai Sir malachi The Wizard Sparrow I want human figures of Oroku Saki and Hamato Yoshi.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:52 PM   #833
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Id like to see Human Karai Sir malachi The Wizard Sparrow I want human figures of Oroku Saki and Hamato Yoshi.
Human Karai is def coming. Malachi maybe, but probably not. An Oroku/Hamato two pack would be awesome.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:59 PM   #834
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist
 
lonewarrior20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: pekin,IL
Posts: 1,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
my god, Robin's been mutated into a ninja turtle!
__________________
Join my Patreon to help production for my Tmnt/GIJoe fan-comic
https://www.patreon.com/cw/lonewarrior20



"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:03 PM   #835
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
His hand is in an unfortunate postition.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:35 PM   #836
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
What the lack of a shell.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:45 PM   #837
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Playmates is putting WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY WAY WAY WAY too much R&D into these t-machines. I have zero interest.

Also Playmates continues to push their deluxe figures even though they sell way less. I don't get that. I wish they would change it up a bit.

I look forward to the Dimension X stuff. I kinda dig seeing the turtles with augmented weapons

Overall impressions from Toy Fair: Playmates is taking the TMNT brand into some strange places, and not strange in a good way... I foresee myself buying much less TMNT stuff this year as a result. Guess I'll be focusing a lot more on LEGO and Marvel Lengends (which has some AMAZING stuff coming this year). I'm thankful Playmates gave me some pretty neat TMNT items since 2012, but going forward it looks like there will be less that appeals to me coming from them... that's fine, I'll just spend my $$$ elsewhere, as there are lots of places to spend it.

ALSO:
Found at Toys R Us yesterday



(click for larger version)

Last edited by Zulithe; 02-14-2015 at 07:57 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:45 PM   #838
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
What the lack of a shell.
Well...they all come with a shell and another tech pack thing.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:31 PM   #839
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Between the FIM Apple Family set (seriously Hasbro...the ENTIRE Apple farm?!) and these TMNT figs...Im poor just looking at em.

OMG.. Fugitoid is just so fricken adorable! So's the little Shredder shrimp. *lol*

So lesse.. I want Fugitoid, Shredder shrimp, the frogs, Rocksteady, Bebop, the pets (EEE!)...

Dinosaurs?? Is that a new Savanti?!
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:49 PM   #840
Leo_Prime
Random Punk
 
Leo_Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: NY
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Guess I'll be focusing a lot more on LEGO and Marvel Lengends (which has some AMAZING stuff coming this year).
I assume you're hinting at the Hulkbuster build a figure? I will be looking forward to that as well. As for playmates figures this year I might only get a select few like Fugitoid, Mondo Geko, Baxter Fly, and Serpent Karai. I might just wait until the other new figures go on discount and focus mainly on Marvel Legends stuff this year.
__________________
Leo_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.