The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2015, 09:04 PM   #841
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
I liked the basic figures they showed off. Is Kraang Prime a basic figure because it looks way too big for that

I'm most excited about Mondo Gecko and Fugitoid

I never thought they'd do a three pack with Spike / Ice Cream Kitty / Dr. Cluckingsworth... but I'm glad they are

And YES I'm huge into Marvel Legends, that Hulkbuster looks fiiiiine.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:24 PM   #842
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Lots of stuff there. Actually LOTS.
The Half Shell collection looks like it'll double in size, and with some really nice looking figures in there. I will have to get all of em.
The play set looks interesting. The initial feedback on it from the fair sounded very interesting. Looking at the pics, I am not so enthused, but still, it's a maybe.
The mutation vehicles are what I'm looking forward to most (still a sucker for vehicles) so im definitely interested in the Casey mobile!! I finally got the Dragster and the Party Wagon, I should have it in a couple of weeks.
However tho, the thing I am most excited about is probably the three pets pack ( still never seen the Leo tripple pack that I wanted tho).
All in all, a few things there to keep me more than a little bit interested.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:30 PM   #843
Garfield
Hench Mutant
 
Garfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 432
I hope they make a figure of the four armed shredder. I liked his design in the episode.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:51 PM   #844
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=396&itemid=24238

Quote:
Fall release includes: Monkey Brains, Mondo Gecko, Atilla, Savage Mikey, Napoleon Bonafrog, Dark Beaver, Dire Beaver, Dimension X Turtles, Mozar the Triceraton, Mutant Shredders and Fugitoid
Welcome back, Commander.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:55 PM   #845
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
So...he's named, but not shown.

I guess we get to see Muck Man. Place your bets on how much goes unpainted!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 02-15-2015 at 12:01 AM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:01 AM   #846
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,163
http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view...rt=20&sl=24238

Pic of the Pizza Thrower
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:07 AM   #847
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior
 
Darth Knuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mutani-Isle
Posts: 701
Out of all of the new TMNT releases from New York Toy Fair, I'm most excited about Fugitoid, Mondo Gecko, Savanti Romero, and Mozar the Triceraton. At this point I'm really glad all of these characters are going to be in the show firstly. Secondly, I'll look at them as potential Playmates buys along with Napoleon Bonafrog. At this moment though, I may be more interested in buying just Mondo Gecko, Savanti Romero, and Mozar the Triceraton. I'll just wait and see how the paint apps look at retail.
__________________
"Shredder, what have you done!?!" - Tiger Claw (Annihilation: Earth!)
Darth Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:08 AM   #848
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Finally they redesign the thing. The 4Kids series used the same base as the Manhole Launcher...BUT Playmates did one better:

Look familiar?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:29 AM   #849
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
I'm liking that Muck Man .

And yes, that pie launcher looks just a little bit like...
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:56 AM   #850
Leo_Prime
Random Punk
 
Leo_Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: NY
Posts: 49
Muckman and Triceraton were also my favorites from my childhood. I guess I will be collecting those as well even with the lack of paint on the final product.
__________________
Leo_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:24 AM   #851
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Oh, hey. A new Casey figure, but no new more screen accurate April, nor a human Karai.

And shell removing Turtles, what nightmare fuel...

The Turtle figures transforming into their toys was a lot less awkward then I'd imagined, they remind me a bit of the Marvel Superhero transformers, where Punisher became a gun. Their weapon mode looks really awkward though.

Kraang Prime looks like a bathtub toy, which I suppose is fair enough, it's not much you can do with a blob of... Kraang.

Never been a fan of the deluxe sized figures, but there's a new deluxe Shredder and Turtles with stuff infront of their plastron, probably a nifty action feature Playmates don't want to make for the basic line. I'm still surprised that the head droppin' Turtles actually comes in the Basics scale being an action feature figure. Do not like the look of them, though.

The space/Dimension X suits looks pretty cool, spiffy that they have initial belt buckles. But I'm just wondering how much of that painted detail that won't be on the retail figure. And speaking of buckles with initials, basics figures with mask color pads and belt buckles, I guess that's why the Mystic Turtles had colored pads, to ease us into toys more closer to the Fred Wolf esthetics.

I wasn't impressed with how the claw Shredder mutant looked like, but the sea lice mutant looks pretty good. I'm very interested in the pet 3-pack, probably the one thing I will definetively get. Mondo and Romero looks very promising. But I didn't see them very well. Fugitoid looks nice.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:31 AM   #852
Raptor86
Stone Warrior
 
Raptor86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palermo, Italy
Posts: 553
Guys, do you have an HD picture of mondo Gecko?
__________________
TMNTItalia
Raptor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:39 AM   #853
TMNTooze
Foot Soldier
 
TMNTooze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 168
My boys and I are really wanting most of these figures. I really want the 3 pack since Lil Spike is in there. Some really cool figures all and all.
TMNTooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:54 AM   #854
Leo_Prime
Random Punk
 
Leo_Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: NY
Posts: 49
No official HD images of Mondo Gecko or the 3-Pack so I thought a screen cap might help.

__________________
Leo_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:38 AM   #855
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
So...he's named, but not shown.

I guess we get to see Muck Man. Place your bets on how much goes unpainted!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...lo/MuckMan.jpg
They have done a fine job with the sculpt. Really good translation from the classic figure to the Nick style. I'm a fan!

Buuuut yup, totally right... even though this figure is clearly unpainted in a lot of areas ALREADY, we should expect even less paint for the retail version... what a crying shame.

Unless they give us a human Karai figure at SDCC this year, I hope they give us a this figure, only 100% painted with all the details colored right (such as all the garbage bits like that baseball, all painted)

I'd pay $35 for that!

Make it happen Playmates
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:05 AM   #856
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
Snake, is he "polishing his sai" with that hand ?
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:45 AM   #857
bushido
Stone Warrior
 
bushido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: France
Posts: 708
Savanti Romeo...hmm...so they will travel to the dinosaurs era in one episode...so where's Renet figure ?
__________________
bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 07:12 AM   #858
Raptor86
Stone Warrior
 
Raptor86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palermo, Italy
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Prime View Post
No official HD images of Mondo Gecko or the 3-Pack so I thought a screen cap might help.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g6...Mondo_Geko.jpg
Thank you. I hope the hat will be removible
__________________
TMNTItalia
Raptor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 07:41 AM   #859
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Fifth Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago sewer
Posts: 2,488
Anyone hear info on Mondo's First Turtle figure?
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:31 AM   #860
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior
 
zaktheneutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 913
I have to admit, there are some cool figures coming from Playmates this year. That's all assuming that they don't get the mystic turtles treatment.

Can't even begin to say how happy I am to see Fugitoid. Also, I've always enjoyed Savanti Romero so seeing him is a pleasant surprise. Would like to see Renet finally get the plastic treatment but I'm guessing that's not happening. We are getting a Triceraton in Mozar too so that's freakin sick! I think I'm probably more excited knowing that these characters will be onscreen than I am knowing that they are getting new figures from Playmates though.

Kraang Prime and Mondo are fun surprises too. Very disappointed in the look of the Claw Shredder Clone...shrimp looks pretty solid though! I also think Napoleon Bonafrog could be better.
__________________
"We strike hard and fade away.....into the night."

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.