The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #861
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
Check out Mike's face in these two shots:





Uncanny.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #862
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Nope. We totally missed this.


Spoiler:
Is there a screening process anymore?
Eh, even I'm confused with all the threads discussing the same story.

And to be fair, I couldn't remember if I had seen a clear pic of that playset. As Robin would say, I am totally "whelmed" at all the new information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Check out Mike's face in these two shots:
Spoiler:





Uncanny.
Yeah, I really think they captured the first season vibe of the Old Toon. The only big thing is that the belts buckles are black instead of grey, but I do like the black look even if it isn't 100% accurate.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #863
Nintendophile
Foot Soldier
 
Nintendophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 198
Oops, didn't realize that this pic was already posted here. It was buried back a few pages. Didn't mean to post a duplicate. My bad. lol.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Not hi-res but not faded.
Nintendophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #864
tone-master21
Mad Scientist
 
tone-master21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,152
So I asked Paula about which Nick TMNT figures we were getting the Hollywood Reporter Turtles or the MTV Geek Turtles.

Here is what she said:
Quote:
You will most likely see the figure from the Hollywood Reporter but with more designs made before they reach the market in August/September 2012.
Hollywood Reporter



MTV Geek
__________________
tone-master21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #865
Timmetry
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 292
Playmates let's us down again...
Timmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #866
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,180
I have a theory that we might indeed get both versions, the good looking ones will be higher priced and aimed at collectors and the others will have regular figure price. Promo shots always look better than the real thing but I doubt they'd be that stupid to make such a radical change between the promo and the real thing.

As far as the classics line I think if Vaughn hadn't hyped them up so much I wouldn't have been so disappointed. I still love them but from the way vaughn overhyped them iw as expecting much more, I was also expecting a true OT accurate turtles which these are not, if I wasn't expecting that I'd have loved this hybrid. To me the Toon Turtles are still probably the most OT accurate toys out there at the moment..
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #867
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
I really want to see old toon Shredder, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady actually looking like they did in the show.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #868
Timmetry
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 292
I'm sure the main difference is a simple wash to bring out the details, but I am not a skilled painter so I was really hoping for figures ready to go. It'd be nice if there was a separate collectors line and I would gladly pay more than the average for some nice paint jobs, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'll still buy a set of the new turtles, because I really dig the design, just wish they'd be s good as the promo pictures.
Timmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #869
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I have a theory that we might indeed get both versions, the good looking ones will be higher priced and aimed at collectors and the others will have regular figure price. Promo shots always look better than the real thing but I doubt they'd be that stupid to make such a radical change between the promo and the real thing.
As much as I would love to believe in you ''theory'', Playmates is surely not going to do that. I can bet on that.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #870
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I'm sadly inclined to agree. One wonders how short a leash Viacom has Playmates on.

"If these toys don't do well, we'll find another toy maker."
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #871
stormbringer
Foot Soldier
 
stormbringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
I hope they don't mess up the final product to badly. It'd be a shame if they blew it, when the franchise was finally getting back on its feet again.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #872
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
The thing with Playmates, at least last time around, is that they started strong, then the figures got more and more ridiculous. I mean, Feudal Shredder with "crumple in defeat" action. Seriously? And they used that 3 times. One of the poor crumple figures was Traximus...TRAXIMUS!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:13 PM   #873
stormbringer
Foot Soldier
 
stormbringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
The thing with Playmates, at least last time around, is that they started strong, then the figures got more and more ridiculous. I mean, Feudal Shredder with "crumple in defeat" action. Seriously? And they used that 3 times. One of the poor crumple figures was Traximus...TRAXIMUS!
Yeah,it was like that with the original line too. As time went on the gimmicks got weirder and weirder.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #874
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Yeah, but the gimmicks kinda fit the old line more, since the series was more gimmicky. But then again, my parents never bought the variant Turtles when I was a kid because having 10 different Mikeys made no sense to them (imagine if they hadn't done the colored masks then. I'm sure 4 red masked turtles, despite the differing weapons would have been a hard sell. ) Then again, maybe I'm looking at the old line with rose colored glasses.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #875
stormbringer
Foot Soldier
 
stormbringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
I guess how gimmicky the new line will be, depends on what the tone of the Nick cartoon will be. I'm hoping for something closer to the 2k3 series.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #876
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
I guess how gimmicky the new line will be, depends on what the tone of the Nick cartoon will be. I'm hoping for something closer to the 2k3 series.
I'm thinking it will be a mesh of the OT and 2K3. Which is fine by me.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #877
TurtleManiac
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: KALI
Posts: 1,008
the "classic" tmnt figures look pretty good, but why does only Michaelangelo have a different shade of green skin tone? in the original toon they all had the same green skin tone, and the turtles never wore straps on their belts in the original toon, so these may not be 100% based on the ot

Last edited by TurtleManiac; 02-02-2012 at 11:37 PM.
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #878
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
This is about what I expected from Playmates. But dammit, someone needs to let them know to fix Classic Mike's chucks. If they are gonna do chains, do them right. They are too long. Save money and use less chain!
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:59 PM   #879
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Heck...the chain on one of those chucks could be easily divided amongst the pair.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #880
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Heck...the chain on one of those chucks could be easily divided amongst the pair.
And then take the extra and use it for the Nick Mike figure.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.