The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #581
agliarept
Hench Mutant
 
agliarept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 475
already to the lady to make space at our living room. because there will be two playsets for the turtles!!! seriously, is that the biggest playset ever or what??? anyone have a high res pic of it?

the figures look ama...zing.. really well done.
agliarept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #582
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by agliarept View Post
already to the lady to make space at our living room. because there will be two playsets for the turtles!!! seriously, is that the biggest playset ever or what??? anyone have a high res pic of it?

the figures look ama...zing.. really well done.
Not hi-res but not faded.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #583
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
The figures look fantastic!! I'm talking about the "Action Figures" - not the "Deluxe Power Sound FX Figures". The latter are pretty good I suppose, but don't appeal to me as much. They look like clay and lack texture, color depth, etc.

I'm hoping the Shredder in the background of the sewer playset is closer to what he actually looks like. That version looks like a cross between OT/2k3, which is fine with me. I just hope he's human and you can see his eyes and skin around the eyes as opposed to the black/red from 2K3.
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #584
pihb
Hench Mutant
 
pihb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
If I recall (and some one like say Rose can chime in as well) The people from playmates & nick told us that there would be 2 different styles of paint jobs.
I told you guys they're going all out on this new stuff.
I'd not lie to ya
I really wish it translated into the new show because the internet is a buzz over the toys with joy and want.
The new show images not so much, very few and far between.
I pray the final models that will be in the show will blow everyone away as much as these toys have.

You'll probably have to wait until toy fair for that.
I sure hope you are right! I'd love to grab a couple sets of the more detailed paint schemes, and possibly a set of just the regular toys to display. I have a hard time believing the premium paint would be the regular toy on the shelf because of the labor involved would definately drive the price up.
pihb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #585
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Ah that reminds me, I had one other complaint about the classics line. The shoulder straps.
They look kinda cool, I guess, and they're a nod to the OG line, but they didn't have them in the cartoon.
Isn't that the point of this series? To be as accurate to the OT as possible? Whatever, minor gripe.
Great call....something about the belts was off but I wasn't paying attention to that.
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #586
agliarept
Hench Mutant
 
agliarept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 475
can you guys imagine, regardless of how awesome that playset is, how MIND BLOWING it would be once I buy it and have it professionally painted? hahaha man o man can't wait.
agliarept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #587
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
I hate to say it but that Don on that cycle is most likely gonna be what we get. Still, a great lookig sculpt. Even if the paint job is bland with no shading.
I concur. Also, notice the metal loop on his belt (on the bike version)...it's not painted to look like metal. I'd be shocked if that level of detail/paint went into sub $10 figures. That's straight up Neca style.

Anyone know the reasoning of having the "normal" Nick line be so much grittier looking than the Sound FX ones? The Nick line is far superior in paint/model design. What's the reasoning behind that? Also, as mentioned previously, the toes are much differently shaped and more realistic looking.
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!


Last edited by 1984TMNT; 02-01-2012 at 12:59 PM.
1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #588
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Not hi-res but not faded.
Is it just me, or does Splinter's face look black and white? Also, are Shredders upper arms exposed here?
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #589
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Yeah there seems to be black, gray, and white mixed in with the brown.
It also would seem that you're correct that Shredders are are exposed.
I've blown up the image as best I could without really distorting and pixelating it.

You can see the Foot Soldier & Kraang a bit better also.
Whoever said the Foot Soldier looks like the movie ones I'd have to agree.
The Kraang look a lot like Krang meets an utrom exo-suit .
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #590
pihb
Hench Mutant
 
pihb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 296
Regarding the distaste for 3 toes, i think it finally matches the 3 fingers and makes them more realistic. Plus, actual turtles have more toes on their feet. The biggest thing is the change to 3 toes that we are not acustomed to. Imagine if the first appearance of the ninja turtles had 3 toes, that blows my mind
pihb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #591
pihb
Hench Mutant
 
pihb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Yeah there seems to be black, gray, and white mixed in with the brown.
It also would seem that you're correct that Shredders are are exposed.
I've blown up the image as best I could without really distorting and pixelating it.
Spoiler:
You can see the Foot Soldier & Kraang a bit better also.
Whoever said the Foot Soldier looks like the movie ones I'd have to agree.
The Kraang look a lot like Krang meets an utrom exo-suit .
What's the blue suit that is hanging on the noose? Looks like it has shredder style thorns
pihb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #592
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Not that it matters, but I of course saved all of the pictures & our favorite red masked turtles file-name was "Ralph". CRINGE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pihb View Post
What's the blue suit that is hanging on the noose? Looks like it has shredder style thorns
Shredder punching bag, duh.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #593
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by pihb View Post
What's the blue suit that is hanging on the noose? Looks like it has shredder style thorns
A "practice dummy".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not that it matters, but I of course saved all of the pictures & our favorite red masked turtles file-name was "Ralph". CRINGE.
ugh pet peeves r us!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #594
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Holy shell, the toyfare videos are awesome!

http://www.mtv.com/videos/interview/...tml#id=1678323
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #595
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Yeah there seems to be black, gray, and white mixed in with the brown.
It also would seem that you're correct that Shredders are are exposed.

You can see the Foot Soldier & Kraang a bit better also.
Whoever said the Foot Soldier looks like the movie ones I'd have to agree.
The Kraang look a lot like Krang meets an utrom exo-suit .
Totally agree that the Foot look like the movie versions - which I think is great. However, the one on the bike looks totally different. Perhaps there will be different suits or types of Foot ninja in this universe..? I thought the same thing about The Kraang - they are totally Utroms in exo-suits renamed to "The Kranng".
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #596
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
Holy shell, the toyfare videos are awesome!

http://www.mtv.com/videos/interview/...tml#id=1678323
Good find!!!!!!!!!!! The video's show closeups up Shredder and Splinter! Shredder looks much, much better than some of us feared. Although, his arm and shin blades (especially the housing for them) are still a bit comically oversized. Regardless, here's hoping the Shredder in the video is closer to the design as the actual show.

EDIT:
However, as I thought, Splinter has a weird skunk like black/white face. He also has brown ears, and what appear to be HUMAN hands. Very, very, very odd looking....doesn't look like a rat to me.
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!


Last edited by 1984TMNT; 02-01-2012 at 01:40 PM.
1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #597
koenne
Stone Warrior
 
koenne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Belgium
Posts: 663
In the toyfaire vids you can see the color slightly different , also great look on shredder etc.. and the package looks neat ! And storage shell turtles again :p , Can't wait .
Cowabunga !

Last edited by koenne; 02-01-2012 at 01:37 PM.
koenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #598
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Well this might not be in the correct place but I'm happy you posted it here, because honestly I don't check the toy section as often as I do this one!

I LOVE these toys, I already had high hopes for them because of all the love they got from the people that attending the sneak peek and these totally lived up to everything I wanted.

The classics line I far cuter then I thought it would be and I LOVE the toys for the new show. I'm going to be SO BROKE

One note, its odd Donnie doesn't have the gap in his teeth on the toy?
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #599
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by koenne View Post
In the toyfaire vids you can see the color slightly different , also great look on shredder etc.. and the package looks neat ! Can't wait .
Cowabunga !
The colors I'm describing are based on the videos...
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #600
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior
 
Konchadunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by IveyAngelo View Post
Love these, did a review of the Classic Turtles on Cowabunga Corner...

http://www.cowabungacorner.com/revie...ssic-tmnt-toys


I can not wait for these new toys to hit the shelves at the stores. It's so exciting!
Just out of curiosity, do you know how tall they are? I think you went to one of those "Mutation in Progress" events and actually saw them, so could you give an estimate? I really hope they're the same scale as the actual classic toys, since I know Playmates won't redo all of the characters. (Though wouldn't it be radical if they did?!)
__________________
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.