The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 08:52 AM   #961
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,461
Just picked up the newest wave of sets, but haven't gotten to build the Sub or Rocket.

I really like the mutants and am loving armored Raphael (still find it weird they gave us unmutated-Spiderbytez).

Shredder's Throne room looks incredible, I kind of want another one to make it even bigger.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:45 AM   #962
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
I found them all at TRU except for the Shredder lair and the Spider Bytez set. I didn't get any, I'll probably only pick up the Karai set since it's the cheapest and has Karai. These things are really too dang expensive for me to collect...
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:08 AM   #963
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
Just picked up the newest wave of sets, but haven't gotten to build the Sub or Rocket.

I really like the mutants and am loving armored Raphael (still find it weird they gave us unmutated-Spiderbytez).

Shredder's Throne room looks incredible, I kind of want another one to make it even bigger.
The sub is the best out of these new sets; it is able to fit all the turtles, it has a missile launcher, and an escape barrel. Okay the last postive wasn't the best, but lego did give us a mostly accurate to the show vehicle.

The Spiderbytes set should have included one or two more Kraang to make the set make a bit more sense.
__________________


"Party Wagon on the Move!"

Last edited by darthwahl56; 04-20-2014 at 09:13 AM.
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:31 PM   #964
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Happy Easter everyone! Today I got Shredders Lair and Karais Bike Escape. I already built Karais Bike Escape. It's pretty nice, I like Karai. It's great that Lego is going the realistic route with the humans.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:48 AM   #965
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Happy Easter everyone! Today I got Shredders Lair and Karais Bike Escape. I already built Karais Bike Escape. It's pretty nice, I like Karai. It's great that Lego is going the realistic route with the humans.
Awesome Easter presents man.

I really like the recolored shredder in Shredder's Lair.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:37 AM   #966
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Awesome Easter presents man.

I really like the recolored shredder in Shredder's Lair.
Yeah, its more show accurate then the red one included with the dragon bike.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #967
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,461
I love the new Shredder, the throne as a whole makes for a great display piece. But the 4-arm Foot ninja could use some extra work, and Mikey getting a non-foolish face is nice.

The T-Rocket set doesn't make much sense to me though - I wish LEGO would release a Kraang human disguise figure that isn't impossible to find.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:37 PM   #968
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
I love the new Shredder, the throne as a whole makes for a great display piece. But the 4-arm Foot ninja could use some extra work, and Mikey getting a non-foolish face is nice.

The T-Rocket set doesn't make much sense to me though - I wish LEGO would release a Kraang human disguise figure that isn't impossible to find.
Agreed I wish (i know this wont happen) that they would release a "army" pack Similar to the "knights" and "pirates" have done Even star wars has troop builders it would be nice to get Krang and Foot Troop builders.

Also they should add scabbards to the foot so they can have there weapons on there backs

Currently trying to convence my wife purchase T rocket and spider bitez sets as well as custom Brick forge weapons and accessories and Bricklink scabbards so my foot can have some stuff.

Got the kero GI joe ninja set and there scabbards holds three sword and fits Lego really well so know my shredder will look like a BA as soon as i can get some of the things i need
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:40 PM   #969
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
I love the new Shredder, the throne as a whole makes for a great display piece. But the 4-arm Foot ninja could use some extra work, and Mikey getting a non-foolish face is nice.

The T-Rocket set doesn't make much sense to me though - I wish LEGO would release a Kraang human disguise figure that isn't impossible to find.
I think that Mikey's face in the shellraiser set isn't goofy or foolish.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:52 PM   #970
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Agreed I wish (i know this wont happen) that they would release a "army" pack Similar to the "knights" and "pirates" have done Even star wars has troop builders it would be nice to get Krang and Foot Troop builders.
i know this thread is strictly lego



but i have always wanted "army" packs for tmnt, i felt its one of the few toy franchises that would benefit from it

ive seen other higher end companies do it for not so known series


just charge a happy medium between to separate figures
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:00 AM   #971
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418


Free "flashback Shredder" minifig with 30€ or more purchase (from any theme apparently) at LEGO stores in May, not sure if this will be ALL territories or not. We have to wait for the next LEGO calendar to come out.

In other news, Target stores now have the 2014 TMNT sets in stores, saw some yesterday. (semi-related: They also have the Simpsons collectible minifigure series if you are into that like me )
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:13 AM   #972
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I think that Mikey's face in the shellraiser set isn't goofy or foolish.
Isn't that the one with him sticking his tongue out?

And I'm loving the Oroku Saki figure - gives me an excuse to use all the double points I got a few weeks ago! Might need more than one of him, I really like the Foot look.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:39 AM   #973
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
Isn't that the one with him sticking his tongue out?

And I'm loving the Oroku Saki figure - gives me an excuse to use all the double points I got a few weeks ago! Might need more than one of him, I really like the Foot look.
seriously lol
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:44 PM   #974
Squirtlepower
New Recruit
 
Squirtlepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2
Picked up the Karai set and the mutation chamber over the weekend. Shredders Lair is next, holding off on the sub as I rather get the batcave first.
Squirtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:01 PM   #975
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Wow, "flashback" Shredder is awesome! If he comes to the US I totally wanna get him.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:27 PM   #976
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Of course it's in May and not in June in which I'll be spending $150 for the Ghostbusters set and Benny's Spaceship... I'll probably just get Shredders lair.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:57 PM   #977
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaeltheAwesome View Post
Of course it's in May and not in June in which I'll be spending $150 for the Ghostbusters set and Benny's Spaceship... I'll probably just get Shredders lair.
The lair is totally worth is its a great set
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:13 PM   #978
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
http://i.imgur.com/fXgCZyT.jpg

Free "flashback Shredder" minifig with 30€ or more purchase (from any theme apparently) at LEGO stores in May, not sure if this will be ALL territories or not. We have to wait for the next LEGO calendar to come out.

In other news, Target stores now have the 2014 TMNT sets in stores, saw some yesterday. (semi-related: They also have the Simpsons collectible minifigure series if you are into that like me )
Hopefully this comes to the US.


I wish Lego would go out of business for a year or two. Just a year to myself to recollect money to blow on so many sets. Lego is expensive
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:19 PM   #979
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Hopefully this comes to the US.


I wish Lego would go out of business for a year or two. Just a year to myself to recollect money to blow on so many sets. Lego is expensive
seriously

Lego is one of the only toy companies making major profits and expanding
most other toy companies are struggling due to the economy.

there prices are pretty high but there production is far better then other competing blocks.

Though i remember seeing an Article about them possible switching to different materials to save some money to lower prices.

BUt if my memory is correct they were having issues finding materials to match colors and keeping them consistent
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:42 PM   #980
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
most LEGO pieces are still made in Europe and using high quality plastic. This is a big part of the cost

LEGO also last for many decades! So consider it an investment

Anyway I'm so interested in many different LEGO themes that if I were only interested in TMNT LEGO i'd be a way way richer, I have to cut back myself Eventually you get so many pieces that buying sets isn't all that worth it most of the time, so I guess I have that to look forward to
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.