The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 10:35 PM   #81
Casual Matt
Foot Soldier
 
Casual Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I think the lair looks decent, I mean what do you expect Don to do to the place when he gets back from the future?
Yeah, it only makes sense for Donatello to pimp out the lair with 2105 style tech.

Anyway, I don't know how I feel about the new designs for April and Casey... they're so... different. Especially April. It definitely seems they're incorporating the designs from the fourth movie somewhat.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll feel much more like April and Casey once we see them in action and hear the familiar voices.

Is there any kind of set date for this season to start?
__________________
Casual Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:13 PM   #82
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT4kids View Post
I'm really looking forward to this reboot of the show. I likr the look of the new lair. Much better than the lair at the end of season 4. And the news that it will receive a shadow treatment is excellent. I thought it was a mistake to air the first 3 eps of Fast Forward without full shadow treatment and details applied, as it suggested the show would be less detailed that it ultimately was. Hopefully, the new season will start up looking as good as possible.

And April and Casey don't look bad, just different. The colors are richer than the first preview I saw.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:17 AM   #83
karailynn
Thug
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 53
April looks younger. But it's not as bad as I thought it was gonna be. I was really worried. I'm totally relieved to know that it's "darker than FF". So far it doesn't look too bad.

Do april and casey know what happened to the turtles?
I don't know how they would...but just in case I missed something. If they have been gone a year...do they just assume they are dead?
I'm surprised they've been gone a year. Remember the Savento (sp?) episodes with Rennet? They were gone for months..yet when they returned no time had passed in "real" time. Is this bc they didn't flux into another universe but fast forward to a different time period?
karailynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:25 AM   #84
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by karailynn View Post
Do april and casey know what happened to the turtles?
Well Im asuming they've been gone for a while because the Journal has a picture of April and Casey with the turtles with a Welcome Back sign. But with April and Casey getting married that sign might be for them coming back from their honeymoon. :p

But still.. if they HAVE been gone a year or so I hope somebody was taking care of the cat....not once was Mikey worried about Klunk in FF...he wasn't even shown in The Journal!
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:55 AM   #85
syk_skillz
Foot Soldier
 
syk_skillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Flint, Michigan
Posts: 248
Iv'e been wondering the same thing. I guess April or Casey could have come down and saw Klunk alone and took him in or something.
__________________
syk_skillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:59 AM   #86
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion
 
Tinuvielsdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Well Im asuming they've been gone for a while because the Journal has a picture of April and Casey with the turtles with a Welcome Back sign. But with April and Casey getting married that sign might be for them coming back from their honeymoon. :p

But still.. if they HAVE been gone a year or so I hope somebody was taking care of the cat....not once was Mikey worried about Klunk in FF...he wasn't even shown in The Journal!
It would have been funny if for maybe on shot they added some crazy orange alien kitty that reminded Mikey of Klunk. I am sure April and Casey check in on the guys' home often. Probably checking to see if they returned...
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:11 AM   #87
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
But then again, such is time travel, they could be gone for a year and be sent back the exact moment they left and Casey and April would be none the wiser, except for maybe the new duds and a years worth of wrinkles.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:27 AM   #88
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
But then again, such is time travel, they could be gone for a year and be sent back the exact moment they left and Casey and April would be none the wiser, except for maybe the new duds and a years worth of wrinkles.
Says in the 4kids blog that the turtles have been gone for 1 year, so it would seem to me like April & Casey know they've been gone.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #89
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinuvielsdreams View Post
It would have been funny if for maybe on shot they added some crazy orange alien kitty that reminded Mikey of Klunk.
Yeah! I was bummed that we didn't get to see any descendents of Klunk!! There was so much potential for that to occur. :/

It could have been like that one Kim Possable movie with all those descendents of the naked mole rat. *lol*
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:43 AM   #90
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT4kids View Post
I think the logo looked ok, but it was missing a little something.
So I did this, let me know what you guys think.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:18 PM   #91
karailynn
Thug
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 53
Quote:
Says in the 4kids blog that the turtles have been gone for 1 year, so it would seem to me like April & Casey know they've been gone
yeah. It seems like they knew the entire time that they were gone. Probably went to see them one day and they were gone. For as much as they travel/go fight...that might happen a lot (april/casey go visit the guys and no one is home) but you'd think after a year of no one being in the lair you'd get a little worried.
karailynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:43 PM   #92
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Oh you made that and on up'd the original logo now I got it. Spiffy.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:46 PM   #93
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
Oh you made that and on up'd the original logo now I got it. Spiffy.
ahahahah you don't have to lie cause we're friends, you can hate it if ya want
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:53 PM   #94
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4KIDS.TV
The Turtles are back from the future, but find themselves a year ahead of where they left! How much can change in just 1 year? The Turtles are about to find out!
^^That might be necessary.

I'm still expecting this to be a Back To The Future II sort of 'return home to an alternate timeline'.

Nice logo, Putrescent.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:58 PM   #95
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
ahahahah you don't have to lie cause we're friends, you can hate it if ya want
The diffusion honestly bugs my eyes....and I think that logo, with white spray instead of black, on a brick background would look neat.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:15 PM   #96
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
^^That might be necessary.

I'm still expecting this to be a Back To The Future II sort of 'return home to an alternate timeline'.

Nice logo, Putrescent.
I'm sort of thinking the same & Thanks Gobo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
The diffusion honestly bugs my eyes....and I think that logo, with white spray instead of black, on a brick background would look neat.
picky picky picky! lol and I still say you need to see an eye dr.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:34 PM   #97
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
I think the logo looked ok, but it was missing a little something.
So I did this, let me know what you guys think.
I think the bolding of the letters takes away, but I definitely think the dripping of the paint added a nice touch. Evens things out or something...can't quite put my eye on it.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:36 PM   #98
tortugapower
Foot Soldier
 
tortugapower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 129
I like the paint dripping but perhaps a hard edge would be better then the "airbrush" look.
tortugapower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:46 PM   #99
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I think so too. As sprayed-on as it's supposed to look, it's contradictory that it has such large 'runs' (since spray-paint is more prone to smearing). Still cool that you even bothered, Putrescent. Care to give it a revision?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:02 PM   #100
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortugapower View Post
I like the paint dripping but perhaps a hard edge would be better then the "airbrush" look.
I was trying to go for a wet spray paint look, it was just something fast I did, it took me about 5 minites to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
I think so too. As sprayed-on as it's supposed to look, it's contradictory that it has such large 'runs' (since spray-paint is more prone to smearing). Still cool that you even bothered, Putrescent. Care to give it a revision?
Thanks Gobo, and eh I guess I will..I may not have a computer after tommrow.

Last edited by VaughnMichael; 05-02-2008 at 05:12 PM.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
4kids


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.