The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 12:55 AM   #81
PAAATE
Stone Warrior
 
PAAATE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 993
Stupid, embedded player... How long is the movie?
__________________
I'm a member. I forgot about it, so now I'm a remember.
PAAATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:58 AM   #82
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Seriously!

I couldn't believe there wasn't a full-screen (or even 2x larger) option!
Yeah, that was a bummer. But I just ripped the video and watched in on my TV where it looked pretty sharp.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:59 AM   #83
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist
 
Cryomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,090
Yeah this thing was pretty sweet for a fan made flick.

Live action jumpsuit April does look weird, but at the same time not too bad. I appreciate the accuracy of the costumes actually, who gives a **** if it looks weird, that's what they're meant to look like. That Casey mask was extra kickass in certain shots too.

On the other hand, the turtle costume is definitely a questionable one, although i think it's mostly the head and shell. The rest was pretty good, but when he's all flipping around you can see the shell flopping around as well. The head just has a weird shape to it, but hey, no pupils!

Would surely check out any further things made by this team.
__________________

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:01 AM   #84
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Yeah, that was a bummer. But I just ripped the video and watched in on my TV where it looked pretty sharp.
Nice! I'd love to see this film with larger dimensions! It's so visually appealing!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:02 AM   #85
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAAATE View Post
Stupid, embedded player... How long is the movie?
Powder said about 40 minutes. It goes by quick!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:05 AM   #86
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Overall it was pretty good.

The Mikey costume wasn't great, but mega props for having a guy in it who could actually use 'chucks. And having Robbie Rist in there as the voice was awesome.

I wasn't digging April in the yellow jumpsuit, but then Krang showed up randomly, so you might as well have the yellow jumpsuit.

The one thing I didn't really dig was that Casey was full on killing the thugs... seemed a bit too extreme to me.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:21 AM   #87
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Yeah, that was a bummer. But I just ripped the video and watched in on my TV where it looked pretty sharp.
I did the same thing, worked for me!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:46 AM   #88
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Cool film!! And of course I was extremely shocked
Spoiler:
by the Krang cameo! Yipes!!
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:51 AM   #89
mysterycolor
t-u-r-t-l-e seller!!
 
mysterycolor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,481
I was pleasantly surprised by it! i have to agree that the yellow jumpsuit was a little ridiculous/hilarious in the "real world" - the fight scenes were cool, but yeah- i think at some point there would have to be consequences... but come on... KRANG!!! what more do you need?
__________________
mysterycolor TMNT ebay auctions- http://bit.ly/mysterycolor
mysterycolor's basement auctions- bit.ly/mysterybasement
mysterycolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:53 AM   #90
RskimB
Hench Mutant
 
RskimB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: west coast
Posts: 302
Casey sure did pile up a...Bodycount /badpun
i liked it, some of the costumes didnt work so well. and the forced accents, ie Casey's mom, mugging victim were grating. but as Powder said its an enjoyable Troma style violent romp. I cant remember what the OT Casey was like. Was he bloodthirsty? I know he was supposed to be a bit of kilter right?
__________________
leswrite.com
RskimB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:56 AM   #91
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by RskimB View Post
I cant remember what the OT Casey was like. Was he bloodthirsty? I know he was supposed to be a bit of kilter right?
I do remember he has a pension for breaking stuff...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:25 AM   #92
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by RskimB View Post
Was he bloodthirsty? I know he was supposed to be a bit of kilter right?
You notice how throughout the film Casey was acting sort of like a knockoff John Wayne? That's a nod to OT Casey.
So was the hushed remark "Lawbreaker...". Wouldn't say he was bloodthirsty, but he was totally over the top.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:28 AM   #93
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
You notice how throughout the film Casey was acting sort of like a knockoff John Wayne? That's a nod to OT Casey.
So was the hushed remark "Lawbreaker...". Wouldn't say he was bloodthirsty, but he was totally over the top.
But OT Casey was modeled after Clint Eastwood...more specifically Dirty Harry...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:32 AM   #94
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
...I know that. But someone who isn't familiar with OT Casey would just think that the fan films actor was a shoddy JW copy-cat for no reason...
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:42 AM   #95
PAAATE
Stone Warrior
 
PAAATE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Powder said about 40 minutes. It goes by quick!
Aw, ****, the one time I don't read the thread before asking something... And this is why you always should...

Sorry about that, and thanks for the answer.
__________________
I'm a member. I forgot about it, so now I'm a remember.
PAAATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:06 AM   #96
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Is it sad I was half expecting April to say, "But the most alarming silence is that coming from city hall," in her news report?

As for embarrassing accents, the purse snatching victim seems to be the most jarring.

Ok...
Spoiler:
Casey flat killed that tagger with that golf club


Robbie as Mikey is pure win. I'm not sure if it's a choice to change it slightly from the movies, or just age but the dialogue is just right for Rist's Mikey. Is that a red bandana?

Spoiler:
Sid is a member of the Foot!?


Gotta love the "Ninja Pizza: Home of the Nice Slice" shirt on the pizza guy.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 09-18-2011 at 06:27 AM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #97
turtles_kolektor
Mad Scientist
 
turtles_kolektor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Poland
Posts: 1,478
Wow, this is what i call an amazing short movie!
Gerat story, nice music, KRANG!
And i want more!

Oh and April is sooooo HOT!
turtles_kolektor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:07 AM   #98
PAAATE
Stone Warrior
 
PAAATE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 993
I liked it too. Casey was a little too much of an unsympathetic douchebag, but other than that...
__________________
I'm a member. I forgot about it, so now I'm a remember.
PAAATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #99
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
I thought it was pretty good. Michelangelo's mouth tho reminded me of the turtles from We Wish You A Turtle Christmas a bit....the eyeless mask was a nice touch too...creepy but nice. Too bad we didn't see the other turtles and only heard their voices but hey they got Robbie to voice Mikey so it's all good.

Spoiler:
And MAN that Krang cameo totally freaked me out! That came totally out of left field! Here I was just watching it and going "Oh hey foot clan...." and then BAM! Krang!

I loved that they got April to be a reporter again complete with the jumpsuit and Im pretty sure her camera man (whom we only saw from the back) was supposed to be Vernon.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #100
RskimB
Hench Mutant
 
RskimB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: west coast
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAAATE View Post
I liked it too. Casey was a little too much of an unsympathetic douchebag, but other than that...
makes me thing of that Speng's article for some reason

http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2010/...-or-loser.html
__________________
leswrite.com
RskimB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
casey jones, fan film


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.