The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 09:20 PM   #81
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Nick owns the TMNT franchise now, they're not going to let something they purchase for $60 million flop.

Its common sense, they're going to promote the hell out of it as their next big thing.
Most of that money they'll get back to break even is when they do the live action movie in theaters. That's where all the true money is made.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:00 AM   #82
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
Oh I have no doubt that Nick is going to pour a lot of money into making this be a success. Like CyberCubed said they aren't going to put $60 million out and not try to recoup it. Plus all the money they put into the series. I mean just look at the voice cast they got. No reason to go after that type of talent if your not making this a priority.

I can see this being pushed and pushed hard. I'm hoping for at least 2 good seasons my self. I'm not going to get my hopes up. George Lucas taught me that lesson three times already. But regardless I expect Nick to bring their A game on this new series.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #83
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
If we get a postively recieved movie and three seasons of another show I will be pleased. That will be successful in my eyes.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #84
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior
 
Metropoliskid41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tundra
Posts: 886
I think this series really has the potential to explode and have Turtle mania hit again. I know its going to be mainly aimed at Children but I really hope they follow Cartoon Network's lead here and make it much edgier like they did with Thundercats and Young Justice. I really hope the show follows Young Justice's example as opposed to being like Teen Titans. I guess thats the best way I can describe it. I really think they are going to plan to make this at least a 3 season series if not more. By that time hopefully we'll have at least one movie out and a successful toyline that will relaunch Turtle Mania and help keep interest in the show alive. But to me as long as its a well written show (like 2k3 was) then it should have no problem being successful.
__________________
-------------------
Metropoliskid41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.