The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2014, 08:56 AM   #81
This_is_my_username
Random Punk
 
This_is_my_username's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthEmpress View Post
I think most of us (girls) had crushes on the turtles as kids. Now that we've grown up, our natural curiosity has taken over :3

Megan probably encouraged the writers to make Mikey more flirtatious with April
These turtles are muscly and built in ways that make me uncomfortable with my sexuality. I blame other people for this.

At least TMNT growing up were somewhat humany. I wanted my first boyfriend to be Simba. A lion. Also Cheetor. Robit/Cheetah. I grew up fine.
__________________
"You already have a bow tie collection."
"And your lizard stuff!"
"I know, but every lizard has a bow tie and lizard stuff collection."
This_is_my_username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:34 AM   #82
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by This_is_my_username View Post
These turtles are muscly and built in ways that make me uncomfortable with my sexuality. I blame other people for this.

At least TMNT growing up were somewhat humany. I wanted my first boyfriend to be Simba. A lion. Also Cheetor. Robit/Cheetah. I grew up fine.
You sure about that?? haha
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:21 AM   #83
This_is_my_username
Random Punk
 
This_is_my_username's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 30
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 View Post
You sure about that?? haha
I've got a healthy armour of denial just in case.
__________________
"You already have a bow tie collection."
"And your lizard stuff!"
"I know, but every lizard has a bow tie and lizard stuff collection."
This_is_my_username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:28 AM   #84
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by This_is_my_username View Post
I've got a healthy armour of denial just in case.
That always comes in handy
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:00 PM   #85
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthEmpress View Post
I think most of us (girls) had crushes on the turtles as kids. Now that we've grown up, our natural curiosity has taken over :3
Erm, yeah... wish I knew back then that I was entirely normal for harboring a crush... Kids have it so easy now, just jump online and find confirmation that something is not just them.

I swear, I was safe with the Nick series that brought me back to the fandom, they're adorable but they're just a bunch of kids. Almost old enough to be their mother (damn I'm old). Though my younger self long ago could understand young girls no doubt still crushing on them today. lol

And then... this movie goes and makes them appear grown and despite the looks gave them those stunning eyes... and then that fan edited that pic that is my avatar and forced me to be ever so slightly a lost cause... But I'll leave it at just wanting to hug him to death. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I wonder though, could they get away with April in this movie being flirty and lovey dovey with the boys. Aren't the boys supposed to be like 16ish? I'm just saying, might cause an uproar amongst some people.
It really makes me wonder if the part in a trailer that specifically mentions that they're teens was added after the uproar over the short title and the idea that they might have been adults this time around. To point it out the same way they mentioned "aliens."

I do wish they'd have allowed them to be grown, they look it and would make some things - like these topics and Mikey's comments to/about adult human April - a bit less awkward.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:49 PM   #86
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Oh, man, I'm cracking up so much as I read this thread. I seriously don't feel that they need underwear. Yeah, Mikey wore it in the Nick show, but that was just for laughs. However, I have a feeling that in the movie, the Turtles will be wearing their clothes full time throughout, and I just hate the idea of that. Really makes me think the writers were just doing this so they could make the Turtles look more "hip" by today's standards or something like that. It just disgusts me honestly.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:37 PM   #87
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 909
I honestly don't understand this thread.
__________________
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:45 PM   #88
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
I honestly don't understand this thread.
I don't think it's supposed to be. lol

This thread is like the essence of a group of 9-year-olds - esp girls - giggling over something...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:49 PM   #89
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I don't think it's supposed to be. lol

This thread is like the essence of a group of 9-year-olds - esp girls - giggling over something...
Turtle dong?
__________________
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:58 PM   #90
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Erm, yeah... wish I knew back then that I was entirely normal for harboring a crush... Kids have it so easy now, just jump online and find confirmation that something is not just them.

I swear, I was safe with the Nick series that brought me back to the fandom, they're adorable but they're just a bunch of kids. Almost old enough to be their mother (damn I'm old). Though my younger self long ago could understand young girls no doubt still crushing on them today. lol

And then... this movie goes and makes them appear grown and despite the looks gave them those stunning eyes... and then that fan edited that pic that is my avatar and forced me to be ever so slightly a lost cause... But I'll leave it at just wanting to hug him to death. lol


It really makes me wonder if the part in a trailer that specifically mentions that they're teens was added after the uproar over the short title and the idea that they might have been adults this time around. To point it out the same way they mentioned "aliens."

I do wish they'd have allowed them to be grown, they look it and would make some things - like these topics and Mikey's comments to/about adult human April - a bit less awkward.
Or, they still can be teenagers and grown up at the same time. It seems they gloss over the ages of 17, 18 and 19.

Last edited by Jester; 07-20-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:12 PM   #91
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Erm, yeah... wish I knew back then that I was entirely normal for harboring a crush... Kids have it so easy now, just jump online and find confirmation that something is not just them.

I swear, I was safe with the Nick series that brought me back to the fandom, they're adorable but they're just a bunch of kids. Almost old enough to be their mother (damn I'm old). Though my younger self long ago could understand young girls no doubt still crushing on them today. lol

And then... this movie goes and makes them appear grown and despite the looks gave them those stunning eyes... and then that fan edited that pic that is my avatar and forced me to be ever so slightly a lost cause... But I'll leave it at just wanting to hug him to death. lol


It really makes me wonder if the part in a trailer that specifically mentions that they're teens was added after the uproar over the short title and the idea that they might have been adults this time around. To point it out the same way they mentioned "aliens."

I do wish they'd have allowed them to be grown, they look it and would make some things - like these topics and Mikey's comments to/about adult human April - a bit less awkward.
Or, they still can be teenagers and grown up at the same time. It seems they gloss over the ages of 17, 18 and 19.

I wished they were grownups in this version, I would have loved to see a ninja turtle movie when they weren't teenagers. But oh well
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:16 PM   #92
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
I wished they were grownups in this version, I would have loved to see a ninja turtle movie when they weren't teenagers. But oh well
Sh!t, that would make a good TMNT. Where the Turtles are in their 30's, drifted apart and something big happens to bring them back together.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:32 PM   #93
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Sh!t, that would make a good TMNT. Where the Turtles are in their 30's, drifted apart and something big happens to bring them back together.
This must happen.

Got their own lives going, to what extent they can make a life of their own...and then bad stuff happens, well, because welcome to planet Earth where a hero's work is never done.


If they'd have only left "teen" out of the dialogue then people could just take or ignore the title as they wish, but nooo... lol (Well, I do honestly take them as adults, but still.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:38 PM   #94
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Sh!t, that would make a good TMNT. Where the Turtles are in their 30's, drifted apart and something big happens to bring them back together.
Overall I am really tired of viewing the same stuff over and over again, I want to see something fresh and new. This would have been such an interesting concept to go with.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:29 PM   #95
DarthEmpress
Thug
 
DarthEmpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Erm, yeah... wish I knew back then that I was entirely normal for harboring a crush... Kids have it so easy now, just jump online and find confirmation that something is not just them.

I swear, I was safe with the Nick series that brought me back to the fandom, they're adorable but they're just a bunch of kids. Almost old enough to be their mother (damn I'm old). Though my younger self long ago could understand young girls no doubt still crushing on them today. lol

And then... this movie goes and makes them appear grown and despite the looks gave them those stunning eyes... and then that fan edited that pic that is my avatar and forced me to be ever so slightly a lost cause... But I'll leave it at just wanting to hug him to death. lol.
Same here omg :3 The Nick turtles are adorable, but these Bay turtles are rippling with muscles and they're tall and massive...I mean, their faces are creepy and they got kind of an uncanny valley look to them, but still! The muscles ^_^

I hope if they bring in Casey later on, he'll be a cutie like Elias Koteas in the first movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
Overall I am really tired of viewing the same stuff over and over again, I want to see something fresh and new. This would have been such an interesting concept to go with.
I agree! I'm tired of seeing the same storylines and April fainting/freaking out seeing them for the first time. It's getting old. I find the turtles' lives more interesting when they're older, and I'd love to see Shadow finally appear in a movie, possibly bringing her uncles back together after Splinter's death.
DarthEmpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:26 PM   #96
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
I just want to know, what kind of person would be going over Raph's pelvic region with a magnifying glass to notice the undergarment to begin with?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:31 PM   #97
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 335
Nice undies, Raph.

__________________
I guess my time has finally come to an end.

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:15 PM   #98
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I just want to know, what kind of person would be going over Raph's pelvic region with a magnifying glass to notice the undergarment to begin with?
Uh, yeah... someone out there is guilty of trying too hard to get a peek.

Quote:
Raph's pelvic region with a magnifying glass
Poor guy.. No wonder he's so grumpy.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:45 AM   #99
Lou 500
Hench Mutant
 
Lou 500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I kinda don't care much for the tcest thing since they are biologically animals, and incest happens among animals all the time.

It's when people do fan arts of incest among humans that creeps me to no end. For example, my skin crawls whenever I accidentally stumbled upon fan art of Anna x Elsa from Frozen, a sister on sister love relationship. Now that is truly sick.
The guys are in most iterations are turtle/human hybrids, and they were raised to think and act like humans. In my mind, that makes them more human than turtle.

Whether or not they're biologically related, they were still raised as brothers, and brothers should not have sex with eachother.
Lou 500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:33 AM   #100
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 909
I seriously can't believe we have a thread for this.. Raph's underwear?
__________________
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
odd, raph's underwear


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.