![]() |
|
|
#81 |
|
Mutant Tiger
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
|
I know but if you remember with the X-Men cartoons, When X-Men Evolution came out, They started releasing some DVDs of the original X-Men series.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#82 |
|
Mango Lovin' Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
|
Yeah! I actually remember seeing the Phoenix Saga on DVD! Man, the old X-Men cartoon was one of my favorite Saturday morning shows...
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!" Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#83 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 297
|
I think it was Nicko who said there would be a TMNT dvd coimng in 2003. Does anyone know if that is the original series? Has there been any news about it?
__________________
GO GREEN MACHINE! |
|
|
|
|
|
#84 |
|
Inactive Moderator
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
|
Nothing new on it yet i think...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#85 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 297
|
Poo!
__________________
GO GREEN MACHINE! |
|
|
|
|
|
#86 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
|
I am expecting a lot from this DVD set of the Ninja Turtles cartoon. If only certain episodes make it to the DVD format, I won't be happy. When I hear that the Ninja Turtles cartoon will be on DVD, I expect the ENTIRE SERIES, not just a few random episodes.
I could do without any special features, although I wouldn't be opposed to them. But I would buy the DVD set(s) for the episodes. It's all 193 episodes or nothing. Surely the makers of these DVDs will know that if they don't bring every episode to the DVD format, they'll be disappointing a lot of people. And even though I know it would probably be pricey to buy the entire series all at once, I'd rather do it that way than buying seasonal sets. Of course, it seems as though everything in this world is based around money, so if the makers of these DVDs really wanted to, they could suck us fans dry of our money. There would be seasonal sets; special edition seasonal sets; super special edition seasonal sets with original cels from the cartoon; super double-duper special seasonal sets with contests inside to meet the real Ninja Turtles . . . "Scope it out, dudes! We're in the Technodrome!" - Michaelangelo, from "Planet of the Turtles" |
|
|
|
|
|
#87 | |
|
Mango Lovin' Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
|
Quote:
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!" Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#88 |
|
Inactive Moderator
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
|
I dont think they are going to release the whole series... There probably wouldnt be enough buyers...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#89 |
|
Super Moderator
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
|
Maybe they should do the same thinkg theyre doing eith the state quarters. Every (month, year?) they can release five eps, maybe something special if you get all five together...
Must head out...gotta write and eat! bye! ;D |
|
|
|
|
|
#90 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
|
Ah who knows, if the new series is a hit they will almost definitely release the whole thing on dvd. But all sorts of DVD sets are coming out. Hell the inspector gadget dvd set comes out soon.
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!" -My Brother, the Bad Guy |
|
|
|
|
|
#91 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 297
|
Or they just might release the new one instead, which would suck!
. But they probbly will realese the good old turtles. They'd better!!!
__________________
GO GREEN MACHINE! |
|
|
|
|
|
#92 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
|
Deathknight brings up a good point that has been sitting in the back of my mind for some time now. I think the new Ninja Turtles cartoon will definitely play a factor in whether or not the original cartoon makes it to DVD. If the new cartoon is a success, Artisan Entertainment will be looking to cash in on the Turtles' rejuvenated popularity and give all us fans exactly what we're looking for.
However . . . if the new Ninja Turtles cartoon doesn't prove to be a big hit . . . if the kids of today take one look at it and say, "Ninja Turtles are a thing of the past" . . . I think it will have a negative ripple effect on the original cartoon making it to DVD. Artisan Entertainment will realize that there's no interest in the new Turtles, which means there might not be any interest in the old Turtles, and the DVD set(s) will be scratched. A lot is riding on this new cartoon. "You're a real barrel of monkies, you know that, Leonardo?" - Donatello, from "Leonardo Lightens Up" |
|
|
|
|
|
#93 |
|
Mango Lovin' Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
|
Yes, a lot is riding on this cartoon, including the new movie and the Hallmark mini-series. Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!" Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#94 |
|
Inactive Moderator
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
|
Well it is supposed to be darker like Batman TAS... Both kids and adults liked that one... I hope that same will happen to the new series.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#95 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19
|
dvd
I think it would be cool if they did it kinda like that simpsons seasons on DVD but that it all came in a shell or something like that...
really hope it comes soon!!!
__________________
ViKT©R "the swedish turtle" |
|
|
|
|
|
#97 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 297
|
What do you mean "dark like Batman TAS?"
__________________
GO GREEN MACHINE! |
|
|
|
|
|
#98 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,873
|
it's not on b/c the whole world is crazy (said like that guy on the ikea commercials) i really hope they put em on dvd soon, or i will go crazy as well! Expect to see them if the new show is a hit, the same thing is happening wiht motu!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#99 |
|
Mutant Tiger
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
|
I really hope they release the original series as a seasonal set of DVDs like they did with other shows, Though on the DVD set, I doubt we would get Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS 5.1 Surround since the cartoons were never made with such technology, Unless they were done using Dolby Prologic.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#100 | |
|
Inactive Moderator
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|