The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2014, 06:48 AM   #981
UGHShellshocked
Hench Mutant
 
UGHShellshocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorblade View Post
They were raised by a mutated rat that wears clothes, I don't think that it's really ridiculous for them to wear some clothes too.
The action figures wore an assortment of clothes, I have no problem with their choices of attire.
UGHShellshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:47 AM   #982
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael_9859 View Post


So... a gag? Goofing around. Not the same as "I'm going to wear this. This expresses my individuality."
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:13 AM   #983
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior
 
Darth Knuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mutani-Isle
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
I love how Raphael has 'the original' flavour seeing how his colour bandana was the original for all 4 turtles in the mirage comics!
Yeah I thought of that as soon as I saw it too. Very cool! I have collected a few other licensed Pringles cans over the years so I will definitely collect TMNT ones.
__________________
"Shredder, what have you done!?!" - Tiger Claw (Annihilation: Earth!)
Darth Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:19 PM   #984
ranger_scout
Foot Elite
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,742
I went shopping at Albertsons today and I noticed something on some DVDs.

0711141134.jpg

0711141134a.jpg

0711141134b.jpg

I did not realize that Nickelodeon distributes Turtles Forever. I still thought it belonged to Warner Bros.

Last edited by ranger_scout; 07-11-2014 at 06:28 PM.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:33 PM   #985
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
I went shopping at Albertsons today and I noticed something on some DVDs.

Attachment 7434

Attachment 7435

Attachment 7436

I'm surprised to see that Nickelodeon has acquired the rights to distribute Turtles Forever. I still thought it belonged to Warner Bros.
Is it the Widescreen and Uncut version?
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:34 PM   #986
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
I went shopping at Albertsons today and I noticed something on some DVDs.
I can only hope this means they have rights to release the whole 2k3 series and will do so in short order as a "Complete Series" set.

I'm also still waiting for TMNT on blu ray from Nick in full season sets.


In other (slow) news....

Got an e-mail from Pizza Hut.

$5 off for ninjas

Basically $5 off an order of $20 or more, promoting the cheesy bites pizza (the turtles' favorite, it says).

I never seem to make use of these sort of deals. It's just me solo when I order pizza on a weekend a lot of the times and when I can get a large pizza, breadsticks, and a drink for $15, I find it silly to spend full price on a pizza over $20.

And since the deals can never be combined, I can't stock up on pizza for the weekend/week and use it that way either.

Because, yes, I'd use a coupon for a deal and then add on a second smaller pizza to push over $20 and THEN add on the $5 coupon and be unhealthy with a plethora of pizza if I could!
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:57 PM   #987
ranger_scout
Foot Elite
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Is it the Widescreen and Uncut version?
I didn't look at the back of it.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:04 PM   #988
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
I went shopping at Albertsons today and I noticed something on some DVDs.

Attachment 7434

Attachment 7435

Attachment 7436

I'm surprised to see that Nickelodeon has acquired the rights to distribute Turtles Forever. I still thought it belonged to Warner Bros.
Man, they're really giving away free tickets left and right, aren't they? I wonder if they can count those toward the box office totals. If so... pretty sneaky, sis.

And the Turtles Forever DVD looks like the same old North American release it got originally. Looks like they're just slapping free tickets on every DVD they currently have for sale.
__________________

Last edited by Bry; 07-11-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #989
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
I went shopping at Albertsons today and I noticed something on some DVDs.

Attachment 7434

Attachment 7435

Attachment 7436

I'm surprised to see that Nickelodeon has acquired the rights to distribute Turtles Forever. I still thought it belonged to Warner Bros.
That explains why it's still on the shelves...

But yeah. Seems like they got everything.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:10 PM   #990
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
I'm surprised to see that Nickelodeon has acquired the rights to distribute Turtles Forever. I still thought it belonged to Warner Bros.
Dude, it's only ever been released by Nick. It came out years ago. There's nothing to be surprised about, Viacom owns the TMNT, lock, stock, & barrel. The whole shibang.

(On that note they need to release all the musicals + 4kids series on DVD)
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:27 PM   #991
ranger_scout
Foot Elite
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Dude, it's only ever been released by Nick. It came out years ago. There's nothing to be surprised about, Viacom owns the TMNT, lock, stock, & barrel. The whole shibang.
Turtles Forever originally aired on CW in November 2009 and it was created by that studio. I did not know know that it was Nickelodeon that had released it on DVD in 2010 until today.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tee...-Forever/13877
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:38 PM   #992
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
4kids created it, & purchased the rights to that 5 hour slot on CW Saturday mornings. CW had nothing to do with developing the film or owning part of it, as far as I know.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:38 PM   #993
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
A fair point. Which ties in SWIFT's theory that we've coddled the human foot to be sissified. Which to a large degree is true.
I wonder if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I tend to participate in the running across the strip of hot coals with bare feet at parties.


Quote:
:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
I went shopping at Albertsons today and I noticed something on some DVDs.

Attachment 7434

Attachment 7435

Attachment 7436

I did not realize that Nickelodeon distributes Turtles Forever. I still thought it belonged to Warner Bros.
What the hell is with all of these free movie tickets? First Crush (a friend of mine who works for a vending company came across a couple of the free tickets and gave them to me) and now this? How do they expect the movie to make money with all of these free tickets.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:54 PM   #994
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
Got an e-mail from Pizza Hut.

$5 off for ninjas

Basically $5 off an order of $20 or more, promoting the cheesy bites pizza (the turtles' favorite, it says).

I never seem to make use of these sort of deals. It's just me solo when I order pizza on a weekend a lot of the times and when I can get a large pizza, breadsticks, and a drink for $15, I find it silly to spend full price on a pizza over $20.!
Soooo

The $5 off does work in combination with other deals.

I can get a 2 liter, 2 large 2 topping pizzas, and breadsticks for just under $20
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:58 PM   #995
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I wonder if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I tend to participate in the running across the strip of hot coals with bare feet at parties.




What the hell is with all of these free movie tickets? First Crush (a friend of mine who works for a vending company came across a couple of the free tickets and gave them to me) and now this? How do they expect the movie to make money with all of these free tickets.
A lot of these companies PAY to be associated with the film...they make a lot of money that way. Man of Steel made a lot of money that way. And plus the companies giving away the free tickets have to purchase the ticket themselves I would assume....
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:57 PM   #996
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
Soooo

The $5 off does work in combination with other deals.

I can get a 2 liter, 2 large 2 topping pizzas, and breadsticks for just under $20
And what really sucks is that you can't even bring it into the theater with you. What better way to watch a TMNT movie than with an ice cold coke and a slice of pizza.

Well, at least my theater serves pizza, I wonder if they're going to have any specials.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:02 PM   #997
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Ugh, movie theater pizza. Why not just throw in some ice cold nachos with hardened candle wax "cheese" and a bottle of Pepto Bismol and complete the set?
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #998
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
And what really sucks is that you can't even bring it into the theater with you. What better way to watch a TMNT movie than with an ice cold coke and a slice of pizza.
if i still lived near my old school there was one that let you bring your own food....well they didnt let you they just stopped fighting the college kids from sneaking food in

i remember for TMNT my bud and i walked in with a full Pizza
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle

Last edited by The Boston Ninja Turtle; 07-11-2014 at 08:17 PM.
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:01 PM   #999
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Ugh, movie theater pizza. Why not just throw in some ice cold nachos with hardened candle wax "cheese" and a bottle of Pepto Bismol and complete the set?
Depends on the theater.

I actually rather enjoyed Studio Movie Grill's pizzas when they did all you can eat option on Thursday nights. They moved it, though. I think because of the midnight showing crowds taking advantage of a good deal.

But it wasn't bad. Thinner crust, which I always thought had a good flavor of actually tasting like dough, and good toppings. Your first was a little smaller than a restaurant small and the rest were basically about between a small and a personal pizza, but you could order more as you liked. One and a second was enough for me!

I haven't had one in a long time, though. They may be sucktastic now.
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:26 PM   #1000
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
Depends on the theater.

I actually rather enjoyed Studio Movie Grill's pizzas when they did all you can eat option on Thursday nights. They moved it, though. I think because of the midnight showing crowds taking advantage of a good deal.

But it wasn't bad. Thinner crust, which I always thought had a good flavor of actually tasting like dough, and good toppings. Your first was a little smaller than a restaurant small and the rest were basically about between a small and a personal pizza, but you could order more as you liked. One and a second was enough for me!

I haven't had one in a long time, though. They may be sucktastic now.
Yeah, the theater closest to me has damn good food, and they have something called the Movie Premiere, where you can watch a movie and have drinks and even eat steaks.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.