The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #1021
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
$8-9 is the basic Nick line (I'm guessing 5" as the TMNT are 4.25-4.75")
$15-20 is both Nick Deluxe (first set is the talking figures) AND the 6" Classics line.
Well, scrote. I'm going to go broke.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:48 AM   #1022
nevermore
Foot Soldier
 
nevermore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 204
These look incredible! Can't wait to see these hitting the stores.
__________________
The Technodrome Forums References (6): TMNTGal, D-O-N-A-T-E-L-L-O, Master Splinter, drasgow, J Mondo, Peter Palmer
nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:48 AM   #1023
Wes
Mad Scientist
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A very scary place. With crayons!
Posts: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Well, scrote. I'm going to go broke.
Not me... I'm thinking I'll probably end up with far fewer of them than I might if they were a few bucks cheaper. I guess I'm not as dedicated a Sewer Head as the rest of y'all!

But I dunno. That price puts the classics in the same price range as Marvel Legends and NECA figures -- and they could even be more expensive if they tend towards the higher end of it. As articulated as these look, I'm doubting that Playmates figures will have the sculpting and paint for me to feel like they're a competitive value at that price. I'll probably just get Don, and maybe others if I think he's worth it.

Will probably still pick up the four TMNTs from the regular line, though.
__________________


* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?


Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #1024
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
I wonder how rat king and leatherhead will look(leatherhead excites me, wonder what they'll do to him?hope he's walking so low like his ot figure)...

count me in for usagi appearance....

uki:congratulations!(you DID mean a human baby, not some toy from motu or tmnt, right?)...the 23 of march is just one day after my birthday!hooray!
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #1025
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior
 
The Purple Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: the streets in norway 😉
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
We already got a set of Peter Laird designed turtles anyway.
If and when playmates does mirage tmnt I want the first set to be Kevin Eastman style.
way not make them from a neca set i did
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #1026
Uki
Hench Mutant
 
Uki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Woodlands, Tx
Posts: 337
Yep, human baby!
__________________
-Proud Member of the Turtle Whacks!
Uki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #1027
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzythebulldog View Post
way not make them from a neca set i did
You made Kevin Eastman styled turtles out of the neca Peter Laird looking ones?
How and when did I miss this?
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #1028
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior
 
The Purple Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: the streets in norway 😉
Posts: 659
well i coued have done some sculpting on the head and leos sword so it woued be more closer, but here are the pic or you can go to my tread ans se more pic tell me wath you think

Last edited by The Purple Dragon; 08-11-2012 at 02:19 PM.
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #1029
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Simply painting them does not make them "more closer" to Kevin Eastmans style. Sculpt over them, then we'll talk.
They look nice, though.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #1030
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
Paula at Playmates just responded to my query - Spring 2013 launch for the toys in the UK.

Gotta hand it to her, very fast response (less than 2 hours). Little disappointed we're not getting them till next year, but really impressed with the quick reply.

I'll probably try and import a set of the Nick TMNT, then wait for the rest to reach the UK. Guess this means the show will probably be next year over here as well, still waiting to hear from Nick UK on that front.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #1031
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior
 
The Purple Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: the streets in norway 😉
Posts: 659
well i did the belts as well
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #1032
Hero
British Bloke
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 2,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I'll probably try and import a set of the Nick TMNT, then wait for the rest to reach the UK. Guess this means the show will probably be next year over here as well, still waiting to hear from Nick UK on that front.
That's what I'm going to do. There's no telling if we'll get all the figures either.

===HERO
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #1033
Uki
Hench Mutant
 
Uki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Woodlands, Tx
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Paula at Playmates just responded to my query - Spring 2013 launch for the toys in the UK.

Gotta hand it to her, very fast response (less than 2 hours). Little disappointed we're not getting them till next year, but really impressed with the quick reply.

I'll probably try and import a set of the Nick TMNT, then wait for the rest to reach the UK. Guess this means the show will probably be next year over here as well, still waiting to hear from Nick UK on that front.
Is that the same Paula who worked with the 2002 line? She sent me a big box of Turtles stuff when that line debuted after I inquired about the release of the Sewer Lair playset! Totally unexpected; she is Super nice and helpful!
__________________
-Proud Member of the Turtle Whacks!
Uki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #1034
Obbie
Thug
 
Obbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohiya
Posts: 78
Whatever the price is i'll buy 1 each of the Nickelodeon to open and 2 of the Classics so i can keep one MOC.... i'll definitely pass on the deluxe figures all together.. probably the big ones, too.......

one thing i'd like to see is a darn collector's case for the classics! MOTUC, GB, and DCUC doesn't have this... the Turtles should have one.. then maybe it would get Matty to bust out some He-Man cases!!!! YEA!! lol
Obbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #1035
Hero
British Bloke
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 2,298
In an amusing turn of events we may get UK exclusives for whatever random reason as this has happened with past lines.

Don't worry, I won't be asking anyone to help import a Sewer Playset over (imagine the shipping cost!!!) That is something worthy of waiting til 2013 for

===HERO
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #1036
TheFallen
Thug
 
TheFallen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 72
I have been waiting with baited breath for a fully articulated, all era encompassing line of TMNT figures and it looks like it is finally here.

I have been following this discussion on various other forums I frequent but I thought I would come back to the "source" so to speak so hopefully I will be here a bit more frequently.

I like everything I have seen so far but I really want to focus solely on the Classics as that is my dream line. I fully intend to support that line as much as possible in the hopes that the statement of the line covering things from the comics, movies and 2003 series are true.

To be honest, and as a hardcore MOTUC collector, I kind of wish the TMNTC series was also offered online like the MOTUC series. Retail has become such a fickle mistress and action figures just don't sell like they used to, especially here in Australia. We still don't have any news on if Bandai are going to finally release Thundercats here and I am excluded from buying them online from an etailer so I hope Playmates don't follow that business model.

The potential of TMNTC can reach the levels of MOTUC if handled correctly and if sales permit. I could potentially have a fully articulated Muckman and Joe Eyeball, not to mention givens like cartoon inspired (as used on the packaging, not cartoon accurate) Shredder, Rocksteady and Bebop. Also there is the.... I better stop now because I could make a huge list and this post is already long enough.

So much awesome can come out of TMNTC So I hope it lasts. I will be here for the long haul
TheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #1037
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
wonder if the figures will release day and date in Canada with the US? hope so!
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #1038
Uki
Hench Mutant
 
Uki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Woodlands, Tx
Posts: 337
Obbie: yes to cases!!!!! That would be killer cool! Also: super-keen avatar my friend! I love Muckman! (My Joe Eyeball fell into the vent in my Mom's minivan when I was little though...)

TheFallen: Hey! I always love running into members from the .Org on other boards. you rock!!!
__________________
-Proud Member of the Turtle Whacks!
Uki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #1039
Doc_ock_4mugen
Hench Mutant
 
Doc_ock_4mugen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uki View Post
Obbie: yes to cases!!!!! That would be killer cool! Also: super-keen avatar my friend! I love Muckman! (My Joe Eyeball fell into the vent in my Mom's minivan when I was little though...)

TheFallen: Hey! I always love running into members from the .Org on other boards. you rock!!!
Huh? More .orgers here? Cowabunga!!

Hopefully the TMNT Toys (Especially the Classics will be easier to find on retail...)
__________________
Mikey might be part of Nick now, but he still loves Miley... I mean Hannah... Stupid Secret Identity!!
Doc_ock_4mugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #1040
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Not me... I'm thinking I'll probably end up with far fewer of them than I might if they were a few bucks cheaper. I guess I'm not as dedicated a Sewer Head as the rest of y'all!
I'm very past the "gotta catch 'em" all phase and have been in the "it'd be nice to have them all but I'll just get what I like." (Un)fortunately I like everything I've seen so far! Might not get the action feature whatevers but the basic assortment and classics are must-haves for me! Plus Marvel Universe is coming out with quite a few things this year that give me a collector boner so I definitely need to get a second/better job if I want to continue as-is.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.