The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2014, 10:22 PM   #1101
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Jimmy fallen Played whoopi Fox clip on his show

https://twitter.com/JDeRose1996/stat...25025591656448
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:32 PM   #1102
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Jimmy fallen Played whoopi Fox clip on his show

https://twitter.com/JDeRose1996/stat...25025591656448
Did you record it? I usually record Fallon but this summer my loyalty and DVR belong to Big Brother...
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:34 PM   #1103
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael_9859 View Post
Did you record it? I usually record Fallon but this summer my loyalty and DVR belong to Big Brother...
I didn't i switch channels to late But if you're on the wets coast there is still a chance
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:38 PM   #1104
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
I didn't i switch channels to late But if you're on the wets coast there is still a chance
nope...east coast
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:39 PM   #1105
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
NBC would later post the full episode of the Tonight show online, But I think tomorrow.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:15 PM   #1106
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I wonder how many bad ideas from the "old" script they actually kept? Sure seems like a decent amount.
I plan on compiling a list after I've seen the movie.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:27 PM   #1107
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Penny: My working theory remains that there was no fully finished "Final" script. I'd bet dollars to donuts that they took the ideas that they were already 100% committed to filming (for budget reasons) from the "Blue Door" script, stapled them to another Action Movie script (possibly an older, more faithful TMNT script, but just as likely any old Fights N 'Splosions script they had in a drawer), and did a quick Wikipedia skim for important character names and such from the 80s cartoon.

That makes as much, if not more sense than "We shoot in six months, let's start completely over with a brand new draft." Statistically speaking, that never happens. "Blue Door" would have been awful, if shot as written. This movie doesn't have to be AS bad just because it still has some of the same ingredients, but it is very, very telling.

Ah well.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:48 PM   #1108
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
New TV Spot!

__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:20 AM   #1109
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior
 
BlueKatana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 652
Haha, that's my fave tv spot now, thanks for sharing!
__________________
You know I got your back...just like a Turtle Shell!
BlueKatana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:59 AM   #1110
unlundun
Thug
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 54
They have totally nailed their personalities! I adore that they have a "jam space" in their sewer. And that scene in the elevator! Amazing!
unlundun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:02 AM   #1111
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlundun View Post
They have totally nailed their personalities! I adore that they have a "jam space" in their sewer. And that scene in the elevator! Amazing!
The elevator scene is awesome
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:29 AM   #1112
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Jimmy fallen Played whoopi Fox clip on his show

https://twitter.com/JDeRose1996/stat...25025591656448
First FULL clip from TMNT - originally aired with the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon:



no new Turtle scenes, Whoopi Goldberg was his guest, and the scene features Megan Fox's April, trying to convince Whoopi's Bernadette that she isnt crazy; pretty funny.
__________________
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:36 AM   #1113
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
First FULL clip from TMNT - originally aired with the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon:



no new Turtle scenes, Whoopi Goldberg was his guest, and the scene features Megan Fox's April, trying to convince Whoopi's Bernadette that she isnt crazy; pretty funny.
It's not playing here....I have it posted in another thread. I was a great clip nonetheless!
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:54 AM   #1114
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
The line at the end is a bit "eh?"

"They're ninjas, and they do karate."

Ok...
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:02 AM   #1115
CharmedSerenity
Mad Scientist
 
CharmedSerenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In front of her computer
Posts: 1,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
The line at the end is a bit "eh?"

"They're ninjas, and they do karate."

Ok...
I'm quite pleased about that line rather than another reference to China's Kung-Fu techniques considering the turtles are meant to have their fighting style roots set in Japanese culture. Most Hollywood peeps can't tell the difference (looking at you, "Karate Kid" remake even though it was referred to kung-fu in the script).
__________________
Favorite incarnations: 2k3 animated series, 2014 & 2016 movies and the IDW comics.

CharmedSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:51 AM   #1116
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
A lot of that new trailer seems to take jabs at fan fears...."They have GUNS!"
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:05 AM   #1117
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
A lot of that new trailer seems to take jabs at fan fears...."They have GUNS!"
But not to worry because, There Shells are Bullet Proof.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:08 AM   #1118
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmedSerenity View Post
I'm quite pleased about that line rather than another reference to China's Kung-Fu techniques considering the turtles are meant to have their fighting style roots set in Japanese culture. Most Hollywood peeps can't tell the difference (looking at you, "Karate Kid" remake even though it was referred to kung-fu in the script).
Okinawan, Japanese, same stuff... Just don't say that to an Okinawan person.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:10 AM   #1119
CharmedSerenity
Mad Scientist
 
CharmedSerenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In front of her computer
Posts: 1,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Okinawan, Japanese, same stuff... Just don't say that to an Okinawan person.
sorry *hides*
__________________
Favorite incarnations: 2k3 animated series, 2014 & 2016 movies and the IDW comics.

CharmedSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:11 AM   #1120
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
The line at the end is a bit "eh?"

"They're ninjas, and they do karate."

Ok...
thing is. I thought to myself, if I came across 4 giant turtles, who can do martial arts - I wouldnt be incredibly eloquent as I strived to convince ppl of 1) what I saw, and 2) that I wasnt crazy.

I actually appreciated that she said 'karate' - which is at the very least, culturally specific to Japan, the birth place of Ninjas.

BUT, not to get all Donnie;

Spoiler:
Historically speaking, Ninja clans originated in the Japanese mountains, settled there by Chinese immigrants seeking both refuge, and solace. and considering the similarity between kung fu, and karate, I mean my instructor always says, there are only so many ways to punch or kick before it all starts to look the same.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
A lot of that new trailer seems to take jabs at fan fears...."They have GUNS!"
I felt the same way; first the alien line, and then the guns quote. Funnily enough, there are ppl on Twitter, that to this day still think they are aliens, and are swearing off this movie as a result. smh.
__________________
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.