The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 06:21 PM   #1121
TheCollector
Hench Mutant
 
TheCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
His name is TigerClaw. A new henchman for Shredder.
Ah ok.

Y'know though, I'm also severely disappointed that we're still not getting a Karai figure, even though we are getting a second April in the form of those mini figures. .
__________________
TheCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #1122
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Though I don't see the comparison between the two.

__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305

Last edited by TigerClaw; 02-17-2014 at 06:30 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:26 PM   #1123
FoxBoxKid
Foot Soldier
 
FoxBoxKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Do he and Nathan Drake have the same stylist?
FoxBoxKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:30 PM   #1124
billbot85
Mad Scientist
 
billbot85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Out of all the new figures, I think I like this guy the best. Really cool design. Will be great to see his intro in the show
__________________
MY COMPLETE WISH LIST:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...03#post1120403

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #1125
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbot85 View Post
Out of all the new figures, I think I like this guy the best. Really cool design. Will be great to see his intro in the show
I hope his toy design stays like that. It looks really crisp and well done.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:23 PM   #1126
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist
 
Spidergreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
I hope his toy design stays like that. It looks really crisp and well done.
No. It doesn't look like he has any arm articulation.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:00 PM   #1127
Rukitron
Stone Warrior
 
Rukitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 701
the one thing I hate about toy shows is the fact we have to wait a few weeks/months for this new stuff to show up. Meanwhile most stores still are barely getting the current wave or haven't bothered stocking.
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:04 PM   #1128
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior
 
tmnt transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Okoto
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I think I want to unsee that...
__________________
Spoiler:


This Picture was drawn by BeagleTsuin from deviantart.

http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL]

tmnt transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:07 PM   #1129
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist
 
Dawnatello Turtle Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mineral Wells, TX
Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnt transformer View Post
I think I want to unsee that...
Good luck, it's been burned into my memory since I first watched that movie.... and this is coming from someone who forgets things before I even get a chance to say them out loud....
__________________
These are here-->[IMG][/IMG]<---and here.
Dawnatello Turtle Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:11 PM   #1130
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior
 
tmnt transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Okoto
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnatello Turtle Chick View Post
Good luck, it's been burned into my memory since I first watched that movie.... and this is coming from someone who forgets things before I even get a chance to say them out loud....
I don't remember seeing that when I last watched it... not to mention that, thats just wrong... It scares me when I see this and know that the director of that movie is doing the turtles now...
__________________
Spoiler:


This Picture was drawn by BeagleTsuin from deviantart.

http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL]

tmnt transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:09 AM   #1131
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior
 
zaktheneutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 913
I wonder if we will see any new figures from the basic line by years end besides these ones shown at the toy fair? I realize there is a lot of TMNT figs being released between the movie, Nick line and classics line but my main focus is the basic line of the Nick figs.

Judging by the pic that Zulithe posted, I think we will see at least two more figures from the basic line this year. Wave 9 will feature Slash, Newtralizer, Dojo Splinter and Rahzar. Wave 10 will feature Tigerclaw and Robotic Foot Soldier. Wave 11 will feature the LARP Turtles and after enlarging the picture, I see it says new for Fall. That leaves the Biotroid and the Mikey with wings figure (can't recall the name) for Wave 12. I would think Wave 12 should be released around the holidays and I can't see Biotroid and Mikey with wings being the only two new figures for that wave. Just seems weak to me. Of course this is pure speculation, perhaps even wishful thinking, but I feel like there could be a few more figures added to the mix. Also after watching the video from Pixel Dan, it supports Zulithe thoughts on Wave 12 being in the very early stages as the guy from Playmates talks about how they are working on the design for the Biotroid still and we saw Mikey being a battle shell style figure as a sit in.
__________________
"We strike hard and fade away.....into the night."

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:07 AM   #1132
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
I wonder if we will see any new figures from the basic line by years end besides these ones shown at the toy fair? I realize there is a lot of TMNT figs being released between the movie, Nick line and classics line but my main focus is the basic line of the Nick figs.

Judging by the pic that Zulithe posted, I think we will see at least two more figures from the basic line this year. Wave 9 will feature Slash, Newtralizer, Dojo Splinter and Rahzar. Wave 10 will feature Tigerclaw and Robotic Foot Soldier. Wave 11 will feature the LARP Turtles and after enlarging the picture, I see it says new for Fall. That leaves the Biotroid and the Mikey with wings figure (can't recall the name) for Wave 12. I would think Wave 12 should be released around the holidays and I can't see Biotroid and Mikey with wings being the only two new figures for that wave. Just seems weak to me. Of course this is pure speculation, perhaps even wishful thinking, but I feel like there could be a few more figures added to the mix. Also after watching the video from Pixel Dan, it supports Zulithe thoughts on Wave 12 being in the very early stages as the guy from Playmates talks about how they are working on the design for the Biotroid still and we saw Mikey being a battle shell style figure as a sit in.
They could also release the hang-gliding turtles and Karai with the tur-fly-tle Mikey and butt cannons droid. That would be cool to me.

I do believe your right about the Mikey being a stand in. Toy fair 2013 did show the early smaller battle shells as being scaled down versions of the 11 inch ones and then SDCC showed them animated style.
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:36 AM   #1133
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
Don't forget the new Bebop & Rocksteady - at UK Toy Fair, they were listed in the same wave as Tiger Claw & the Foot Tech ninja.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:19 AM   #1134
Shred87
Hench Mutant
 
Shred87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
Don't forget the new Bebop & Rocksteady - at UK Toy Fair, they were listed in the same wave as Tiger Claw & the Foot Tech ninja.
This is for the nick series?
Shred87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:26 AM   #1135
billbot85
Mad Scientist
 
billbot85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
Don't forget the new Bebop & Rocksteady - at UK Toy Fair, they were listed in the same wave as Tiger Claw & the Foot Tech ninja.
I can't wait to see Bebop and Rocksteady's new designs, hope they are still a rhino and warthog. It will also be cool to see their origin story. I'm guessing they will be replacing Dogpound/Rahzar and Fishface?
__________________
MY COMPLETE WISH LIST:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...03#post1120403

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #1136
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior
 
OrokuYoshiFilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
Can someone please explain to me why the toys come out like that? Like why does Slash obviously have spikes and nails sculpted that aren't painted like the other ones on his body? Why are his feet unpainted. I-I don't get it, is that done purposefully? I'm not complaining as I'm used to it from this line at this point but, all I want to know is, why?
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:19 PM   #1137
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbot85 View Post
I can't wait to see Bebop and Rocksteady's new designs, hope they are still a rhino and warthog.
Of course they are! How could they be anything else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrokuYoshiFilms View Post
Can someone please explain to me why the toys come out like that? Like why does Slash obviously have spikes and nails sculpted that aren't painted like the other ones on his body? Why are his feet unpainted. I-I don't get it, is that done purposefully? I'm not complaining as I'm used to it from this line at this point but, all I want to know is, why?
It's a cost thing.

Every paint app needs a mask, and it's not cheap to make those - they account for probably 50-60% of the total cost to make a figure, between moulds & paint masks. It also costs a lot more to do smaller, more intricate details (unless it's simply tampo-printed on). When a figure or line goes over-budget, paint apps are usually the first to go.

The figures you see at Toy Fair are usually hand-painted prototypes or test shots. They're designed to sell the figures to potential buyers, so they have to look as good as possible.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:38 PM   #1138
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior
 
OrokuYoshiFilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
I'll admit I had to go look up what paint masks are....lol. "The More You Know"

*ahem* but anyway it seems to me that those kind of variables would already be taken into account before the figures are even made, right? Like how could they knowingly let a figure like that come out if you know you can't afford to paint it all the way?

Thanks for the response Discogod. Bottom line I'm just glad you didn't say something along the lines of "It's a kid toy line, so they won't notice, and it'll save Playmates a few bucks." I still don't fully understand the explanation but it makes sense...

Last edited by OrokuYoshiFilms; 02-18-2014 at 12:44 PM.
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:48 PM   #1139
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred87 View Post
This is for the nick series?
Yes, Bebop and Rocksteady are gonna appear in the Nick show and have new figures based off them.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:58 PM   #1140
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior
 
zaktheneutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthwahl56 View Post
They could also release the hang-gliding turtles and Karai with the tur-fly-tle Mikey and butt cannons droid. That would be cool to me.

I do believe your right about the Mikey being a stand in. Toy fair 2013 did show the early smaller battle shells as being scaled down versions of the 11 inch ones and then SDCC showed them animated style.
I would be thrilled if Karai was added to Wave 12! Cool, thanks for that info. Maybe at SDCC we will see a better version of tur-fly-tle Mikey then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
Don't forget the new Bebop & Rocksteady - at UK Toy Fair, they were listed in the same wave as Tiger Claw & the Foot Tech ninja.
Oh that's right! I don't know how I forgot about those two. I wonder why we did not see them at Toy Fair? Perhaps they are waiting for SDCC. If they were included in the Tigerclaw and Robotic Foot wave, then I would think we will definitely get more than 2 figures from Wave 12. Unless they are working on new sculpts for Bebop and Rocksteady and they will be included in a later wave...
__________________
"We strike hard and fade away.....into the night."

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 tmnt figures


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.